Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

A dose of reality is needed in this whirlwind of nonsense.

The reality is Connor is not a player that a top team will keep.

He is ok on a good day but he is not a player for the future.

Certainly keep him for now but he is a player in the out tray imo. 

If we didn't have a decent second half people  would be singing a different tune about Conor.

I'm sick of this wise after the fact mentality.

24 minutes ago, kev61 said:

If we didn't have a decent second half people  would be singing a different tune about Conor.

But he did have a different second half as did Colwill and Chilwell who both looked all at sea first half. 

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

But he did have a different second half as did Colwill and Chilwell who both looked all at sea first half. 

I judge a player on several games.I don't get excited about the mass hysteria that people seem to suffer with.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I judge a player on several games.I don't get excited about the mass hysteria that people seem to suffer with.

I don’t think it’s hysteria. Conor had a good pre season and shows the kind of attitude a lot of players could do with. He may not be Frank Lampard but who is? For me - and Poch apparently, at this time - he deserves to play. 

• Like 1

To me, Conor's strength (the energy he puts into games) is also a weakness. He often feels like he is a tackle away from a red card. Clive Walker sometimes talks about a defender he played against who was known as "Ditch" because every tackle was a last-ditch effort. That tackle yesterday on Salah was brilliantly timed. If it hadn't been and he had caught Salah, he would probably be off. But, having said that, I love having players who play like that.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I don’t think it’s hysteria. Conor had a good pre season and shows the kind of attitude a lot of players could do with. He may not be Frank Lampard but who is? For me - and Poch apparently, at this time - he deserves to play. 

If you look to the future and you are trying to compete with man city after spending a king's ransom would Gallagher  be part of that vision?.

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

Better than being proved a fool in retrospect Kev! Wisdom is only achievable from experience, though not all experienced people are wise.

17 minutes ago, kev61 said:

If you look to the future and you are trying to compete with man city after spending a king's ransom would Gallagher  be part of that vision?.

Yes. For me, yes. Poch will coach him and with Moses and Enzo in there I think Conor will shine. I rate him, personally. I really do. 

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Yes, because even Man City has had water-carriers and grafters like Kovacic and Phillips.

11 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I don't know what to make of you fella.You use the english language to strut your stuff.

Is there anything you know about football....not sure.

The path to enlightenment is first to understand that you know nothing - the Socratic paradox, but we also need to acknowledge that opinions are like arseholes John Snow.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, RDCW said:

The path to enlightenment is first to understand that you know nothing - the Socratic paradox, but we also need to acknowledge that opinions are like arseholes John Snow.

Wonderful.Would you acknowledge you know nothing in the grand scheme of things?

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Sky , hot on the heels of imagining every time we buy a player for x amount of Euros that the amount is really pounds because it looks like we're spending more than we are ,  are now running with "Boehly's billion" as if you convert the money we've spent into American dollars( like everyone does )  it's a bigger figure .

Wonder why they don't do that regarding the 41 and counting players Liverpool have bought , or the fortunes United have spent? 

Ah Mark...to boringly repeat (shamelessly)...BUFFOONERY🧟‍♂️

2 hours ago, kev61 said:

Wonderful.Would you acknowledge you know nothing in the grand scheme of things?

Reminded me of this.

the more you study, the more you learn. the more you learn, the more you know.  the more you know, the more you forget.  the more you forget, the less you know. the less you know, the less you forget. the less you forget, the more you learn, the more you learn, the more you know.....

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

IMG_7660.jpeg

But this is Liverpool……the Kop…..the smell of scouse in the streets of the working class…..Dalglish,Souness,Gerrard…….YNWA……great fans who really know their football

This  really is making my summer 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 2

So Caicedo pretty much done; fees agreed, personal terms agreed, medical passed.  Just contract to sign and official announcement.

Lavia looks sorted as fee agreed with Southampton, personal terms agreed a while back and the player has made it known that his preference is Chelsea over Liverpool

Olise also looks close to done. Fee very close to being agreed.  Personal terms already agreed.

Daiveid Washington on a flight to London for a medical prior to completing his transfer from Santos.  Apparently one senior member of Santos' management team has resigned because we've got him for half of his €30m release clause.

Just a 'keeper to sort out, then.

2 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

But this is Liverpool……the Kop…..the smell of scouse in the streets of the working class…..Dalglish,Souness,Gerrard…….YNWA……great fans who really know their football

This  really is making my summer 😂😂😂😂

Trolling Klopp is the best. Nothing beats foaming, spluttering, entitled Scouse rage.