Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

17 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

So Caicedo pretty much done; fees agreed, personal terms agreed, medical passed.  Just contract to sign and official announcement.

Lavia looks sorted as fee agreed with Southampton, personal terms agreed a while back and the player has made it known that his preference is Chelsea over Liverpool

Olise also looks close to done. Fee very close to being agreed.  Personal terms already agreed.

Daiveid Washington on a flight to London for a medical prior to completing his transfer from Santos.  Apparently one senior member of Santos' management team has resigned because we've got him for half of his €30m release clause.

Just a 'keeper to sort out, then.

With our new midfield, do we even need a goalie? 

• Haha 4

58 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Trolling Klopp is the best. Nothing beats foaming, spluttering, entitled Scouse rage. 

Agree wholheartedly ..but the same emotions expressed by both Norf London "groups" runs a close second!

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Does anyone think our squad is getting too big again?

Just done a quick check on the squad as listed on the Club site....even adding the (possibly) two new arrivals if you take out the long term injured...the well documented surplus who will never feature again and 4 keepers plus a couple I think are already listed for loans it is not so big as appears ...not looked in depth but that was my impression.

We can worry down the line about the long term injured returns and January could be interesting.

• Thanks 1

Just now, chrisb said:

This is funnier than the time they were burning effigies of Slippy G outside Anfield when it was rumoured he was joining us! 
Imagine, two players turning down the chance to play for the most historical club in the world with the best fans and atmosphere. Giving up the opportunity to play in a European night under the lights at Anfield with the greatest atmosphere in world football.

If Carlsberg did transfer windows! 😂😂

Just need Zyech and Fatty Boom Boom out now.

• Agree 3

I'd be fuming as a Liverpool fan here, they've totally f**ked getting Lavia, who was surely odds on for them a week ago. There are consequences for openly courting a player, pleading poverty to not pay their asking price, then finding over twice that price for a different player, and then going back for the original player once you fail miserably.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I'd be fuming as a Liverpool fan here, they've totally f**ked getting Lavia, who was surely odds on for them a week ago. There are consequences for openly courting a player, pleading poverty to not pay their asking price, then finding over twice that price for a different player, and then going back for the original player once you fail miserably.

Good isn't it? 

• Agree 1

Just now, paulw66 said:

Expect Gallagher and or Chalobah move on. Big Les out on loan

I hope we play it safe and keep Chalobah and Gallagher in the squad until at least January, giving them a chance to fight for their places. We have injuries at centre back and we don't how ready for Premier league football Lavia and Andrey Santos are.

I'd expect the loans for Ugochukwa, Hall and Casadei to be confirmed now. I think Hall is a better player than Lavia at the moment, but he didn't cost 50 million.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

I hope we play it safe and keep Chalobah and Gallagher in the squad until at least January, giving them a chance to fight for their places. We have injuries at centre back and we don't how ready for Premier league football Lavia and Andrey Santos are.

I'd expect the loans for Ugochukwa, Hall and Casadei to be confirmed now. I think Hall is a better player than Lavia at the moment, but he didn't cost 50 million.

Well, Lavia has a year of experience in the prem and more appearances than Hall. I'd say he's fairly ready. Very difficult for me to compare both because we have not seen Hall play in midfield for a first team yet. 

43 minutes ago, chara said:

Just done a quick check on the squad as listed on the Club site....even adding the (possibly) two new arrivals if you take out the long term injured...the well documented surplus who will never feature again and 4 keepers plus a couple I think are already listed for loans it is not so big as appears ...not looked in depth but that was my impression.

We can worry down the line about the long term injured returns and January could be interesting.

29 currently listed including 4 (Sarr, Huddson-Odoi, Lukaku and Ziyech) who hopefully should be gone soon, 4 'keepers of whom one is 19 and the other 18 (so unlikely to be ACTUAL squad members), 1 long-term injured (W Fofana) and several U-21s who may yet go on loan.  Also, what happens to Broja?  Back-up to Jackson or sent on loan to rebuild fitness,  game movement etc after a year out?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I don’t think it’s hysteria. Conor had a good pre season and shows the kind of attitude a lot of players could do with. He may not be Frank Lampard but who is? For me - and Poch apparently, at this time - he deserves to play. 

In all honesty Frank Lampard wasn’t the player he became at 23 either.

Who knows how Conor will develop over the next few seasons if he gets regular game time. The problem he has now is that it’s unlikely he’ll get it at Chelsea if we assume Caicedo and Fernandez are the starting midfielders.

Just now, Flinkers said:

In all honesty Frank Lampard wasn’t the player he became at 23 either.

Who knows how Conor will develop over the next few seasons if he gets regular game time. The problem he has now is that it’s unlikely he’ll get it at Chelsea if we assume Caicedo and Fernandez are the starting midfielders.

He can play in a 3 with them. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1