Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

From the ££££ perspective, getting shot of RL and HZ (and less so, Sarr, CHO) is really important. We need to be boosting the income in this window and reducing our wages overheads. Selling Chalobah and CG would add more if they are surplus. That gives us room to reduce overheads (wages and depreciation), increase profit and so meet the requirements of FFP. A trophy would help, too. 

Edited by Sciatika
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

He can play in a 3 with them. 

Which would probably mean that Andrey Santos, Chukwuemeka or, if signed, Lavia won’t get the game time they need.

Like you, I like Conor and I hope he stays. It just may be that for his own personal development it might be a good time to move on.

13 minutes ago, Flinkers said:

Which would probably mean that Andrey Santos, Chukwuemeka or, if signed, Lavia won’t get the game time they need.

Like you, I like Conor and I hope he stays. It just may be that for his own personal development it might be a good time to move on.

Shh. His best place is with us. 🤣💙

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Of course. 

Why of course? If of course, why would he start against Liverpool? If of course, shouldn’t Les or Santos have started? Personally I think one of Ugochukwu or Santos will go out on loan together with Hall and Casadei and give us;

Enzo, Caicedo, Gallagher, Lavia, Chukwuemeka, Ugochukwu or Santos. 

6 midfielders for 3 positions. Maybe one to many, but I’d rather send both Ugo and Santos on loan than to sell Gallagher. However, it would be madness to sell Gallagher, considering his experience. 

57 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

I hope we play it safe and keep Chalobah and Gallagher in the squad until at least January, giving them a chance to fight for their places. We have injuries at centre back and we don't how ready for Premier league football Lavia and Andrey Santos are.

100% mate. 

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Why of course? If of course, why would he start against Liverpool? If of course, shouldn’t Les or Santos have started? Personally I think one of Ugochukwu or Santos will go out on loan together with Hall and Casadei and give us;

Why....plenty of reasons.

Firstly, why did Gallagher play on Sunday:

I don't suppose Poch fancied giving either of the other two their PL debut in a game v Liverpool.  Les was probably more suited to that role, but I understand that he has always been pencilled in for a loan (on the assumption the new boys arrived) anyway. Santos is a more attacking player, and unlikely to be playing that deeper role, especially in a game like that.

However, going forward, the above is completely moot as Les and Santos are not going to be Gallagher's competition. The role he was asked to play on Sunday will be taken by Caicedo and or Lavia (assuming all goes through).  

So, why sell Gallagher.......with the arrival of Caicedo and Lavia, his game time might be somewhat limited, especially without European games. We aren't going to sell Santos or Les, obviously. So if we have too many, he is the obvious and most dispensable, whilst being pure profit on the books. Also, if he does have limited game time this season, his value is only going to go one way, and he'll have one year less on his contract. 

In terms of Santos and big Les, as we can only do 8 foreign loans now (new rules), and we have already used 7, then it is unlikely / impossible that both will be off.   

So, Enzo, Lavia, Caicedo, Santos and Chukwemeka.......seems enough for one game a week. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

29 currently listed including 4 (Sarr, Huddson-Odoi, Lukaku and Ziyech) who hopefully should be gone soon, 4 'keepers of whom one is 19 and the other 18 (so unlikely to be ACTUAL squad members), 1 long-term injured (W Fofana) and several U-21s who may yet go on loan.  Also, what happens to Broja?  Back-up to Jackson or sent on loan to rebuild fitness,  game movement etc after a year out?

Broja was being linked with AC Milan a day or two ago I believe, not sure just how credible it is but was stated the club will block a move. If there's any truth to this then it would appear that he'll be sticking around for now anyway. No idea when he'll actually be fit enough to play, don't think there's been a timeline put on it as of yet.

Personally I'd have sold him last summer, and would at least send him out on loan this one depending how far away he is from being fit again to play, but having the Caicedo and Lavia deals take time, the sudden departure of Kepa, and then still needing to sort Ziyech, Lukaku and co's futures out it may prove to be a little too much to take on to try and find a striker this late on without being fleeced further out of desperation.

Yep. It's a mind blowing array of young talent we've got all over the pitch but the midfield is particularly stacked. There won't be room for a good 5 or 6 of those at Chelsea but you'd hope they'll be able to sell them for good fees. 

6 minutes ago, Spawton said:

Yep. It's a mind blowing array of young talent we've got all over the pitch but the midfield is particularly stacked. There won't be room for a good 5 or 6 of those at Chelsea but you'd hope they'll be able to sell them for good fees. 

Hopefully it’s a good thing that we finally have some proper competition in a couple of key areas. 

With Nkunku injured and Poch seeming to favour a 4231 and Chuk still being quite raw. I think we could see Enzo playing in more of a No10 role in some games. Something along the lines of below. It looks like it could be very versatile and easily become more of a 433 for difficult games away from home, which may also open up more space for Mudryk to work in wider areas for those games.

Caicedo   Lavia

Sterling/Mad                 Enzo               Mudryk/Maat

Jackson        

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

Hopefully it’s a good thing that we finally have some proper competition in a couple of key areas. 

the club has never had a problem in key areas hence the trophy room swelling every couple of years for the last two decades.

More a case of persons faces not fitting and being targeted "Jorginho being a classic case"