Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, chara said:

Still absorbing all the morning's (for me) views and opinions but a quiet question ...not agreeing or disagreeing but the ubiquitous assumption that Nkunku, who has not played a competitive game for Chelsea, is considered a loss to the side even before the season started and an integral successful part of the future..to a certain extent that goes for others ... seems an early rush of optimism....again not +/- just curious...fwiw he did look good on tour and there are reasons for optimism, on balance I am in the + block but as yet not a sure thing. (perhaps I am answering my own question!)...anyone?

Game 1-10 , 11-20, 21-30, 31-30 are the benchmarks to see where the squad is going with 38 being the most critical and important for the TBSD and those currently experiencing wet dreams. 

Toodles

56 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

The loss of Nkunku won't be truly understood until such time as he hopefully comes back fully fit after Christmas.

He offers the team things no other current squad player can give us. For a start, if playing Pochettino's favoured 4-2-3-1, he is the ideal secondary striker playing off Jackson. It's not that Nkunku couldn't lead the line if called upon to do so, just that his skills suit the former role far better – especially when Jackson is perfect as the primary target man. I can't wait to see the two together once they've built up an understanding of each other's game. I think they could be the most devastating partnership we at Chelsea have seen for quite a while.  Imagine Gudjohnsen and Hasselbaink at the top of their game for the next five or six seasons!

Nkunku is intelligent, hard working, ruthless yet also 'generous'. It's a long time since we had a forward who could not only create for others but would continue runs into the box to pick up any scraps. Too often in the past, the likes of Mount, Havertz, Ziyech and Pulisic would put a team mate through and then, instead of bursting forward to join the attack they had created, would almost sit back and admire their handiwork. Nkunku has the intelligence to find teammates who are better placed than him, but also the ruthlessness to be in the right place at the right time to finish the half-chances that fall to him. The chances he both created for others, as well as finished for himself in pre-season were typical of his previous few years at Leipzig.

In a 4-2-3-1, he can play in any of the four attacking positions. With Sterling able to play either of the wide positions as well as the “10” role, that gives us a versatility we have been lacking for a while. With him unavailable, we lose that natural second striker as well as potential back-up for Jackson should he get injured/need a rest.

Nkunku is a strong and speedy player with good ball control. Playing out wide and attacking defenders with the ball, on the rare occasions he doesn't get past his man, he wins a free-kick. He is probably the most versatile and dangerous attacker we have (until Mudryk learns that he doesn't have to play at 100mph all the time... I'm sure he's sometimes too quick for his own good as his legs carry him faster than his brain can think. Sort that out – which will come with experience – and he'll be equally as dangerous).

Summed up perfectly 👍

• Agree 2

Just now, paulw66 said:

lots of Lewis Hall to Newcastle links on a permanent basis 

I guess this is what happens when you have excellent young players wanted by Champions League clubs and you  continue to sell the 'not ready, need a loan' charade because you can't clear the pathway for them.

Here's to five more years of Cucurella sitting on the bench and Chilwell doing cardio down the left flank. 🍻

6 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

*puts tin hat on*

He probably wants to play in MF rather than as LB - cos that's his position. Also, I actually don't think he's a good LB. Yes he goes forward alot and crosses but he's  not great at defending. 

We probably cant shift Cucurella.

On the contrary I suspect the £30m being suggested we are asking for for Hall is deliberate: because we’d ask more or less the same for Cucurella and if you have to spend 30m on a left back (which is the position they need) then which one do you buy?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

*puts tin hat on*

He probably wants to play in MF rather than as LB - cos that's his position. Also, I actually don't think he's a good LB. Yes he goes forward alot and crosses but he's  not great at defending. 

He is probably on par with half the £500m the TBSD has spent

toodles 

1 minute ago, Morgs said:

On the contrary I suspect the £30m being suggested we are asking for for Hall is deliberate: because we’d ask more or less the same for Cucurella and if you have to spend 30m on a left back (which is the position they need) then which one do you buy?

Two different players which FIFA 23 missed 

Toodles 

27 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

*puts tin hat on*

Reece wasn't exactly a great defender either but look at him now. 

Hall has so much ability they should be doing everything in their power to coach and improve him defensively but no, let's give an excellent prospect to a Champions League team for peanuts. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

My dear Mr Gizmo,

Have you been at the communion wine?

Toodles 

C_M

I was thinking along the same lines! 

I’ve sent one the earlier posts to GCHQ to see if they can decipher it!

• Haha 1

I expect the board asked Poch which of Hall, Chalobah and Gallagher should be sold as we need to get one off the books. 

We still have Maatsen too who is a left back by trade and can also play a few positions and play them quite well. 

Sophies choice comes to mind. 

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Bison said:

I guess this is what happens when you have excellent young players wanted by Champions League clubs and you  continue to sell the 'not ready, need a loan' charade because you can't clear the pathway for them.

Here's to five more years of Cucurella sitting on the bench and Chilwell doing cardio down the left flank. 🍻

It's what happens when you spend nearly a billion quid in a year. Money has to come from somewhere. 

Cucurella is a good example of just now big the risk is. Not only have we spent big on a player who has turned out to be no good and saddled ourselves with them for years, we'll have to keep him over better players who we actually can get offers for. 

We really cannot be celebrating spending £100m on Caicedo and beating Liverpool to Lavia, or even loaning out Kepa, and be taken seriously when the club makes move like this reported one.

My gut is Hall is not going to be sold to Newcastle for £30m. They cannot afford him in FFP terms. But no one who we actually get bids for is going to be off the table any more.

• Agree 1

This is what I was saying this morning. You have to pay the piper.  We are a selling club for revenue these days and we’ll see a lot more young, very promising youngsters leaving for big fees over the next few years. 

I actually think 30m for someone of Hall’s obvious talent and versatility is reasonable, especially given what we’ve been paying for the raft of young French and Brazilian starlets lately.

That Cucurella is only worth about the same speaks to what an awful time he’s had for us and what a drop his value has taken as a result.

I don’t know, man. I think we shoulda kept Hall and not bought so many wingers. I’ve made it clear we should keep Trev and Conor too. 

If we get Cucurella, Zyech and Fatso off the books surely that’ll help?  In the scheme of things Hall won’t be earning that much. 

10 minutes ago, chara said:

Hall is 18...a loan is the best thing for all concerned......look at James, JT as examples.

The loan to the Stripey Nigel's and new contract would have been perfect. Seems to be more naturally talented / skillful and with  a higher ceiling than the other candidates for sale.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Goodbye Lewis hall by the looks of it, after being persuaded to sign a six year contract, treating one of our own like that does not reflect very well on us. If If I’m maatsen as well, I’m looking at that and thinking why would I sign a contract, so not surprised he’s turned it down. 

Edited by Floyd25

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I expect the board asked Poch which of Hall, Chalobah and Gallagher should be sold as we need to get one off the books. 

Which is fine, but then don’t persuade the kid to sign a six year deal and then turn around and get rid. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Goodbye Lewis hall by the looks of it, after being persuaded to sign a six year contract, treating one of our own like that does not reflect very well on us. If If I’m maatsen as well, I’m looking at that and thinking why would I sign a contract, so not surprised he’s turned it down. 

Because it puts the player in a much greater bargaining position. It's a no brainer. 

2 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Because it puts the player in a much greater bargaining position. It's a no brainer. 

Hall could have been convinced to sign a contract purely so we could sell him for profit though, did we ever have any intention of loaning him to palace?