Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

27 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Billy Gilmour is getting high praise for his performance over the weekend. A couple of more good games and I'll  expect a £150m bid from us in January. 

to be fair - its a shite Wolves team (but a win is a win - god how i missed those)

We just need to stick to one formation and players, and not chop and change after every match...

Edited by Miguelito07

1 hour ago, Miguelito07 said:

to be fair - its a shite Wolves team (but a win is a win - god how i missed those)

We just need to stick to one formation and players, and not chop and change after every match...

We also need to have at least one DM fit and available (hopefully soon), plus a number 10 that can play behind Jackson (doubtful with Nkunku out and Chukwuemeka also injured). That would help us get the rest of the players in the right places, rather than the Potter-esque tinkering we've seen for the first two matches.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Miguelito07 said:

To be frank and fair, West Ham is possibly an even more shite team. We lost.

3 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Billy Gilmour is getting high praise for his performance over the weekend. A couple of more good games and I'll  expect a £150m bid from us in January. 

Tbh we should never have let him go in the first place. In other news I see CHO is being chased by Fulham, Everton and Forest. Do you think we could get the bidding up to £100m?

28 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Tbh we should never have let him go in the first place. In other news I see CHO is being chased by Fulham, Everton and Forest. Do you think we could get the bidding up to £100m?

Would need the help from Paul McKenna and Dynamo the Magician to pull that one off.

2 hours ago, Miguelito07 said:

Why are Arsenal selling a striker if they need a striker?! 

I think Balogun is behind Nketiah, Trossard and Gabriel Jesus at Arsenal and is refusing to sign a new contract. He wants game time basically. 

Edited by Original 21

14 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

I think Balogun is behind Nketiah, Trossard and Gabriel Jesus at Arsenal and is refusing to sign a new contract. He wants game time basically. 

There must be a reason why he is behind all those...

I’m caught between not wanting any more signings and trying to settle / coach the group, but also knowing that we don’t have anywhere near enough goal scorers in the squad.

I think Jackson and Sterling are both good for 10-12 goals this season, but outside of that, and with Nkunku injured I think we’re going to struggle. 

Take Arsenal, they have Martinelli, Odegaard, Saka, Havertz and Nketiah on the pitch with Trossard on the bench, and Jesus injured.

Man City played Haaland, Alvarez, Grealish and Foden on the weekend, with Cole Palmer on the bench, and Silva / KDB to come back in.  

We have Mudryk and Madueke who have 1 goal between them, and possibly Gallagher to play as a 10 if he doesn’t get sold.  Our first choice striker has two PL games to his name, and our second choice has like 1 season at this level, and 7 goals.

I don’t want to come across as reactionary because I’m actually really excited by the squad generally - a huge amount of talent and the right manager to harness and develop that talent…. And we look fitter and generally “more up for it”  but I called it in pre-season that if we go into the season with Jackson and Broja as our strikers, particularly without bringing in another scoring attacker (Olise etc) it is beyond negligent. 

• Like 3