Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

2 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Hat-trick for Mohammed Kudus so far tonight. Good thing we don’t need a goal scorer as his asking price has probably just doubled. 

Didn't I read a while back that Kudos had a somewhat unsavory  social/private life reputation?..or am I getting mixed up with someone else?

Remember thinking at the time the player..if not him, sorry ...was not one I would want to see at Chelsea.

4 minutes ago, chara said:

Didn't I read a while back that Kudos had a somewhat unsavory  social/private life reputation?..or am I getting mixed up with someone else?

Remember thinking at the time the player..if not him, sorry ...was not one I would want to see at Chelsea.

That was Elye Wahi who recently signed for Lens.

My concerns  with Kudus are a) he hasn't played that many games, and only in the Eredevisie b) his injury record

It would feel like signing Madueke Mkii which just isn't what we need right now, in fact I'm not sure we should have signed Madueke Mki for the same reasons

Poch said we need another offensive player. But a short term one who can hit the ground running, and doesn't block the growth of those younger players we have.

I have no idea who fits that bill. Zaha may have been a good shout, anyone else playing at a good level, maybe in the twilight of their career, available short term, will likely be off to Saudi on huge wages. We can't even offer the sweetener of the opportunity to play in the Champions League for these type of players

Maybe we could sign someone half decent for Strasbourg, loan them, and then send them back to play there when we don't need them? I was surprised that Eley Wahi apparently didn't want to sign for us and go to Strasbourg... and then signed for Lens!

Edit- I've said it a couple of weeks ago but if Felix is available on loan again I wouldn't be against it, at a reasonable fee. Fits the bill of what Poch is asking for. Seems his only option is Barca and they can't register the players they have

Edited by Lump Of Celery

6 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I assume you mean 'Vision 2030' which I believe was thought up by Neil Bath some time before the change in ownership. The aims were to have 15% of first team minutes played by academy players, 25% of the first team squad to be academy players, above average gcse and A level results, and to have more players playing pro football than any other academy.

All to do with the academy and nothing to do with signing 18 year olds from Brazil and sending them on loan. That seems to have come with the new owners, I assume to make money.

The slew of 14-16 year old we have recently signed from other English clubs for peanuts (which none of us really care about) probably fit the bill for Vision 2030. I imagine it is now as hard as ever for any of them to break into the first team given the signings we've made, or at least not straight from the academy.

Not sure it being Bath’s vision, more a part of the TB consortium had in there bid package, which included 1b on players over 10years along with stadium investment. 
however is seem under the the Clearlake regime Bath empire and influence has grown, whether for the better on the coming years only time will tell. 

Most of the first team are made up from winstanley  and stewards previous employers, which may not be the best way of building a successful team. 

34 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Not sure it being Bath’s vision, more a part of the TB consortium had in there bid package, which included 1b on players over 10years along with stadium investment. 
however is seem under the the Clearlake regime Bath empire and influence has grown, whether for the better on the coming years only time will tell. 

Most of the first team are made up from winstanley  and stewards previous employers, which may not be the best way of building a successful team. 

Well I guess you're completely wrong then, beacuse here is Neil Bath talking about Vision 2030 in 2021 some months before the club was put up for sale - https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/the-young-generation--neil-bath-on-plotting-pathways-and-his-pri

Still think it was TB's idea? Like I said before, it's got nothing to do with the foreign teenagers that we are signing.

Thank god Neil Bath's "empire and influence has grown" under the new ownership, he's done an amazing job so far. Maybe no coincidence that the current crop of excellent academy graduates that came through from the Under 10s coincides with his promotion to overseeing the entire development operation in 2011 ‐ https://www.chelseafc.com/en/teams/profile/neil-bath

Edited by Lump Of Celery
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, chara said:

I know your got your answer about this being Wahi, but just on Kudus specifically. 

The biggest gripes around Kudus stem, at least from what I've see, around his unintelligence aka "lack of football IQ",  tactically naivety, and injury record. He's got all the fundamental talent, so it's whether the other aspects can be added to actually propel his game forward - as he' said to have shown no great improvement over the last couple of seasons.

7 hours ago, xceleryx said:

The biggest gripes around Kudus stem, at least from what I've see, around his unintelligence aka "lack of football IQ",  tactically naivety, and injury record. He's got all the fundamental talent, so it's whether the other aspects can be added to actually propel his game forward - as he' said to have shown no great improvement over the last couple of seasons.

Interesting. My biggest problem with the squad right now is, with Nkunku out for several months, I can’t see us scoring enough goals. From what I’ve seen so far, Jackson seems to be the only player capable of getting into double figures and I don’t see how you can have a credible campaign on that basis.

I don’t know if Kudus is a regular goalscorer or if he’s the kind of player, like Nkunku, who can raise the game of those around him. Reports are we’re interested in Toney as an out and out striker, but he’s not available until January. I reckon we might end up pinning all our hopes on Broja coming good – but from the little I’ve seen of him, that’s a really big gamble. 

Edited by Original 21
  • Agree 1

No idea if anything in it, but some random links to Darwin Nunez today. 
He would surely cost a packet, but I do think he is a seriously talented and powerhouse No9. I know he has his critics, but there is a raw player in there waiting to blow up in my opinion.

I would take him at the right price, which I think is about £60-£70m mark. However, as they paid something around this mark and it would involve selling to a rival, I suspect they will be looking for close to £100m. He’d be a no at that price for me. 
I think he could really flourish here though and whilst he is a little wasteful and not the finished article, he would score goals and supplement goals from Jackson . 
Maybe nothing in it and a highly unlikely deal though.

Just now, Thiago97 said:

No idea if anything in it, but some random links to Darwin Nunez today. 
He would surely cost a packet, but I do think he is a seriously talented and powerhouse No9. I know he has his critics, but there is a raw player in there waiting to blow up in my opinion.

I would take him at the right price, which I think is about £60-£70m mark. However, as they paid something around this mark and it would involve selling to a rival, I suspect they will be looking for close to £100m. He’d be a no at that price for me. 
I think he could really flourish here though and whilst he is a little wasteful and not the finished article, he would score goals and supplement goals from Jackson . 
Maybe nothing in it and a highly unlikely deal though.

I would say no to this. if anything, we have too many raw players. 

Just now, Miguelito07 said:

I would say no to this. if anything, we have too many raw players. 

Probably different levels of raw though. He is raw but very capable now, as opposed to Washington who is raw and would be nowhere near the current level required. 

19 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Romano reckons Washington going straight out on loan isn't a dead cert. He's played something like 9 senior games.

U21s perhaps? 

17 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

We've now signed 9 (7 of which have gone into first-team) players this summer plus Gusto and Santos who we signed in January and loaned straight back and the new GK once he comes in. Compare that to the other top 6 (if they can actually be classed as our rivals):

It is an extremely rapid rebuild the owners are trying to implement and it comes with a lot of risk.

It definitely does come with risks, but I'm assuming their plan is to do a lot of the rebuild now and then add 2-3 players each year to refresh/garnish the side? I really can't see us having this sort of spend or turnover of players longer term