Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

On 24/08/2023 at 22:51, Lump Of Celery said:

Edit- I've said it a couple of weeks ago but if Felix is available on loan again I wouldn't be against it, at a reasonable fee. Fits the bill of what Poch is asking for. Seems his only option is Barca and they can't register the players they have

I think you are right.I said at the time that Felix would slot in nicely as a Nkunku replacement.

Why do people judge a player in a dysfunctinal team?.He was one the bright spots.

Some people are saying we miss Nkunku.We probably do but he has only played a handful of games.

We should be getting to the stage where we never miss one player with the money spent.

14 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I don't think it does, this is the exact wording from the FIFA website-

Players aged 21 and younger and club-trained players will be exempt from these limitations.

I took the wording from the actual regulations as the general article is misleading:

The loan of a professional will be exempt from the above limitations if: a) the loan occurs before the end of the season of the former club in which the professional turns 21; and b) the professional is a club-trained player with the former club.

This is from article 3.10 of the 2023 regulations.

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

€18.5m is a huge amount of money for a club like Roma to pay to have Romelu Lukaku for one season?! 

Yeah. Those figures look high. Looks like he’ll be expected to take a pay cut though…

IMG_7741.jpeg

Edited by Original 21

Once again take this with the biggest pinch of salt but......

Apparently......

The club are 100% working on another forward and have been all summer. I was told weeks ago we would get Caicedo a striker and another AM as proper first team players, with most the other players to be young 'club' signings.

We wanted the Vlahovic/Lukaku deal but Pochettino was against it and still is. He was the one that pushed for Jackson and he was always going to be our main striker. Pochettino thinks he will become one of the best in the world.

I doubt many will remember but I also said we were prepared to go huge, on the right AM, if they became available. The idea is clear......

Jackson

? Nkunku Sterling

As our first choice forwards.

Pochettino loves Mudryk but has a lot of work to do with him, apparently he is very naive, in terms of his understanding of how he needs to play the game, due to his lack of top level experience. Overthinking things and worrying too much about that side of his game is what his lack of confidence is being put down to but they are not worried. Pochettino is convinced he can become elite.

So 

Broja

Mudryk Chuckwuemeka Madueke

They are the four that are all seen as future stars that would be integrated into the first team over the next couple of years. All of them aware and happy with their situation and squad status.

This model, having an outright first team and younger players that are in the squad for the future can be seen right across the squad. We pretty much have two clear players in each position. There's obviously exceptions like Colwill, Enzo and Caicedo ,they are all young and seen as 'First 11' players.  Lavia and Ugochukwu are the two 'future stars' for the midfield and Ugochukwu won't be going on loan. We will see how reliable my man is on this one I suppose as most expect him to go

Anyway, apologies for the long winded post but I found the conversation I had very interesting and thought I'd share, as I'm sure most are more bothered about the potential new AM I have been told we would like and will push hard to get and that is Rafael Leao and yes I questioned straight away about him recently signing a new contract but he ticks literally every box from the manager and the boards point of view and they believe it's possible, despite the new contract.

Like I said take it for what it is.

Edited by martin1905
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Once again take this with the biggest pinch of salt but......

Apparently......

The club are 100% working on another forward and have been all summer. I was told weeks ago we would get Caicedo a striker and another AM as proper first team players, with most the other players to be young 'club' signings.

We wanted the Vlahovic/Lukaku deal but Pochettino was against it and still is. He was the one that pushed for Jackson and he was always going to be our main striker. Pochettino thinks he will become one of the best in the world.

I doubt many will remember but I also said we were prepared to go huge, on the right AM, if they became available. The idea is clear......

Jackson

? Nkunku Sterling

As our first choice forwards.

Pochettino loves Mudryk but has a lot of work to do with him, apparently he is very naive, in terms of his understanding of how he needs to play the game, due to his lack of top level experience. Overthinking things and worrying too much about that side of his game is what his lack of confidence is being put down to but they are not worried. Pochettino is convinced he can become elite.

So 

Broja

Mudryk Chuckwuemeka Madueke

They are the four that are all seen as future stars that would be integrated into the first team over the next couple of years. All of them aware and happy with their situation and squad status.

This model, having an outright first team and younger players that are in the squad for the future can be seen right across the squad. We pretty much have two clear players in each position. There's obviously exceptions like Colwill, Enzo and Caicedo ,they are all young and seen as 'First 11' players.  Lavia and Ugochukwu are the two 'future stars' for the midfield and Ugochukwu won't be going on loan. We will see how reliable my man is on this one I suppose as most expect him to go

Anyway, apologies for the long winded post but I found the conversation I had very interesting and thought I'd share, as I'm sure most are more bothered about the potential new AM I have been told we would like and will push hard to get and that is Rafael Leao and yes I questioned straight away about him recently signing a new contract but he ticks literally every box from the manager and the boards point of view and they believe it's possible, despite the new contract.

Like I said take it for what it is.

Leao seems very unlikely. FFP for a start. 

4 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Yeah you’ve convinced me with your impeccable argumentation. This is one of those instances where someone makes a claim so incredible that the only move is to walk away. 

Agree to disagree. 

lol, you've made a ridiculous, reactionary comment and know you can't defend it but are still so desperate for the high ground.

One more for you, some actual "argumentation" ... Bayern, one the "best sides in the world", finished level on points last year with Dortmund, one of ... what, 6 or 7, teams we've beat in our last 30 or so games. When we've been utter sh*te.

Bayern aren't one of the best sides in world football, loads of bit-part PL players would have much bigger roles at Bundesliga clubs. Doesn't lend itself to big angry posts, I get it, but still true.

Edited by thevelourfog
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Rob B said:

€18.5m is a huge amount of money for a club like Roma to pay to have Romelu Lukaku for one season?! 

Reported in some Italian media as a €5 loan fee, which sounds like a lame deal to me. I would be holding out for more and pushing him out to Saudi on a permanent deal if nobody matches it. I know their is some risk we would have to pick up his wages until January but €5m is just a mockery, they'll never be able to buy him permanently, he will be worth less next year and there will still be no clubs wanting to buy him

24 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Reported in some Italian media as a €5 loan fee, which sounds like a lame deal to me. I would be holding out for more and pushing him out to Saudi on a permanent deal if nobody matches it. I know their is some risk we would have to pick up his wages until January but €5m is just a mockery, they'll never be able to buy him permanently, he will be worth less next year and there will still be no clubs wanting to buy him

But the upside is he isn't here. Massive bonus. 

27 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

If we can get his £19,5m wages off the books for even one season, having an additional loan fee to sweeten the deal is just a massive bonus. I’m just surprised Mourinho is even slightly keen. 

6 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I’m just surprised Mourinho is even slightly keen. 

Perhaps desperate? If your main striking threat is an out of sorts Tammy Abraham, then you just might take a punt on lardarse.

It’s the one league that he has been a relative success for a season or two.

• Agree 1

I should have been an accountant…

Bought from Anderlecht for £12.8m

Loan fee from West Brom £0

Loan fee from Everton £3.5m

Sale to Everton £30m

Purchase from Inter £97m

Amortised over 5 years £19.5m per year

3 years amortisation = £58.5m

Loan fee from Inter £6.7m

Loan fee from Roma £8.5m

SO, by the end of this season he has cost 

-12.8+3.5+30-97+6.7+8.5 = -£61.1m

Take off the amortisation and he only owes us £2.6m.

That’s not much more than the doughnut budget!

• Haha 2

Just now, Sleeping Dave said:

Ward-Prowse and Maddison, two players we really should have been looking at this summer. Barnes a third. 

Absolutely.  

Three very under-rated players who wouldn’t have cost the earth and all possess a much-needed goal threat.