Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

Said it before, but if Carlsberg did transfer windows....

Look at the dross we managed to shift! Now if we could just find a loan for Cucurella and Mudryk. 

We are another top striker and a world class goalkeeper away from being challengers next season I think. Incredible when you think we almost got relegated last season. Three or four more weeks of that and and we'd be playing in the Championship now. Astonishing. 

Talk about back from the brink! 

Honestly, deep sixing Lukaku feels even better than I thought it would. Chuffed to bits to be seeing the back of him, never to darken our doors again we hope. Cheerio, Buffet Boy. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Miguelito07 said:

i think it was inevitable. Wouldnt be a bad move for him

Should be another 30m in the coffers too, which will be handy in case there's another highly rated Paraguayan 12 year old left back  we fancy. 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Said it before, but if Carlsberg did transfer windows....

Look at the dross we managed to shift! Now if we could just find a loan for Cucurella and Mudryk. 

We are another top striker and a world class goalkeeper away from being challengers next season I think. Incredible when you think we almost got relegated last season. Three or four more weeks of that and and we'd be playing in the Championship now. Astonishing. 

Talk about back from the brink! 

Honestly, deep sixing Lukaku feels even better than I thought it would. Chuffed to bits to be seeing the back of him, never to darken our doors again we hope. Cheerio, Buffet Boy. 

Also CHO. I still think the squad is a bit big, Morgerino. Remember we have players to return from injury - Badabingbadaboom, Nkunku and Reece for another ten minutes’ game time before he’s out for another six months. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Some Emile Smith Rowe rumours swirling around but can't see any reputable sources discussing it yet.

Depending on the price I wouldn't mind, he always seems to do well against us?

But Arsenal would price gouge us surely, and wouldn't want to look stupid with Havertz there and Smith-Rowe here if the former continues the form we know, and the latter shines brightly here?

8 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Some Emile Smith Rowe rumours swirling around but can't see any reputable sources discussing it yet.

But Arsenal would price gouge us surely, and wouldn't want to look stupid with Havertz there and Smith-Rowe here if the former continues the form we know, and the latter shines brightly here?

It’s the risk you take. I don’t think Havertz will be any less disappointing there than he was for us. He will end up in Spain where his spindly physicality will serve him well. 

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Also CHO. I still think the squad is a bit big, Morgerino. Remember we have players to return from injury - Badabingbadaboom, Nkunku and Reece for another ten minutes’ game time before he’s out for another six months. 

I think we have done amazingly this summer. I'd love to see a comparative study of the squad 12 months ago compared to now. 

Petrovic, Sanchez and Bettinelli is our weakness right now unless the big Serb proves to be a world class surprise. 

Gusto and Reece at right back is as good as it gets. 

Likewise Maatsen and Chilwell on the left side , not many clubs have a better strength in depth than we do at full back. Cucurella will go on loan, I am convinced.

Two or three from Silva, Disasi, Humphreys, Badiashile and Colwill is pretty good even if we are probably unlikely to see Wesley Fofana back, sadly. If we are letting Chalobah go then it seems like Humphreys wont be going on loan, which I'm fine with as I think he looked excellent in pre-season.  We have a lot of quality at centre half now. 

Arguably, Enzo, Caicedo, Gallagher, Chukwuemeka, Ugochukwu and Lavia is amongst the finest midfields in the world.  Big Les is likely to go on loan but if he doesn't he will do okay for us as a squad option. Santos and Casadei on loan is good: both will come back and be ready for the first team. We are blessed with a very solid middle now. 

A rejuvenated Sterling is our main threat from out wide with squad depth coming from Madueke and Mudryk. The stories of us buying "an attacking player" probably refer to a left sided striker/winger to add more quality as there are questionmarks over whether Mudryk will make it. The club probably now accept the latter will need a loan so perhaps we will buy one more before the window shuts. 

Jackson, Nkunku, Broja and Burstow will do okay but the likelihood is a new striker will replace Burstow who probably needs a loan. If not now, then probably in Jan. 

That's 25 players. Should be manageable, especially, as you point out, with so many injuries. 

Thing is you look at that and there aren't many holes. We have quality in depth all over the park apart from in goal and in a couple of months once everyone is gelled it will be wonderful to see us start slotting crap teams away as we should be doing. 

We talked about "a spine" a lot before and I'd contend that our spine of Jackson, Nkunku, Caicedo, Enzo, Silva and Colwill (with the jury still out on Petrovic) is the strongest we've seen for many years. 

That said I am absolutely buzzing to watch us batter Wimbledon 0-0 tomorrow.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Wouldn't surprise me if that is the totality of the scouting and basis for any interest. 

We are definitely going to do something stupid (again) before 11pm on Friday.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Wouldn't surprise me if that is the totality of the scouting and basis for any interest. 

We are definitely going to do something stupid (again) before 11pm on Friday.

Just read he didn't even start a game for Arsenal last year, under 200 minutes as a sub after injuries and recovery from surgery. 

Christ, can we just skip to the bit where we've paid £50m for him.

Catching up on the Chalobah rumours, which we should all take with a pinch of salt. What is being reported doesn't read like we're shopping him around, more that we've been approached and have set an asking price ... And quite a big one at that. As much as I think lots of our transfer dealings have been dangerous, that is what I'd expect 99% of clubs to do for 99% of their players.

• Agree 1