Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

3 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Question was asked on Talksh1t this morning. Simon Jordan said it not possible unless the player changes T&C of his contract. 

More likely it’s one of those deals where all parties are happy and the details of the deal are kept between the parties. He also said next summer Lukaku’s book value is £25m. 

Why 25m? 100m and a five year contract. Book value should be 40m. 

6 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Come on, your Grace. It’s funny 🤣

You are right it was funny maybe a bit long winded. 

At least it is on the back burner until next summer 👍

Edited by ROTG

2 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Let that be an expensive lesson to the club. 

well, most of the outgoings have been signings by the previous establishment, and at least we got most of the Koulibaly money back. 

The Cucurella loan makes sense. If he has a decent season, someone might want to buy him. His value can't be any lower than it is now.

I get that members might be happy to see the back of Cucurella. But let's not kid ourselves, signing a player for £63m (despite originally being available for £50m) and loaning them to a direct rival a year later for peanuts, is an embarrassment.

I hope United will be covering his coach fare as we cant afford it...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I get that members might be happy to see the back of Cucurella. But let's not kid ourselves, signing a player for £63m (despite originally being available for £50m) and loaning them to a direct rival a year later for peanuts, is an embarrassment.

It's embarrassing yes but at least something is being done about it. We would only be able to shift him at a loss this window so a loan fee plus wages taken care of and reassessing him next summer is the best we can do.

• Agree 2

Just now, Blue_in_TX said:

Everyone that bleeds Blue gets shipped out 

I hope we know what we're doing. James, Colwill, Maatsen, Broja, Humphreys and Gallagher will be tough to replace with such little time left in the window. 

43 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

If he wasn’t embarrassingly shit he wouldn’t be being moved on tbh.

• Agree 3

46 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

So what do you propose, we throw good money after bad? 

Hopefully the loan secures Maatsen here for this season and beyond, and if Cucurella has a remotely decent season, someone might buy him. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

If he wasn’t embarrassingly shit he wouldn’t be being moved on tbh.

Which begs the question why do United want him?  Or does ten Hag have plans for him like he did with Mount? 😏 

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

So what do you propose, we throw good money after bad? 

Sorry PW66,

that is a real loaded question if you look at  recruitment over the past 3 windows. 

At least when the window closes the club lives will Or dies by the recruitment campaign over the past two windows. 

hopefully you agree there are no excuses once the transfer window closes. 

Edited by ROTG