Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

I would not be surprised to see a late move for Dani Olmo. I think he has been on our radar for 2-3 years now, he could be that flexible type creative player that can play across a number of attacking positions. He is a player I can see playing for Chelsea at some point in the future.

4 minutes ago, Bison said:

What on earth is the point of signing Palmer when you already have Madueke?

We are comfortably the worst run club in the world. 

We haven’t actually signed him and it is just paper talk at the moment.

I don’t think we should be signing him though, we need a proven player at this level to come in that we know will help get us goals.

7 minutes ago, Bison said:

What on earth is the point of signing Palmer when you already have Madueke?

We are comfortably the worst run club in the world. 

Forwards we currently have (fit) Madueke, Sterling and Jackson. 

Edit - usable forwards.

Edited by paulw66

6 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

We haven’t actually signed him and it is just paper talk at the moment.

I don’t think we should be signing him though, we need a proven player at this level to come in that we know will help get us goals.

No smoke without fire imo. Clearly something afoot. 

5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Forwards we currently have (fit) Madueke, Sterling and Jackson. 

Mudryk is a minor injury, Broja is back after the international break and Nkunku should be around January. We are going to play one game a week for the most part. 

Pretty obvious what's happening here:

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bison said:

Mudryk is a minor injury, Broja is back after the international break and Nkunku should be around January. We are going to play one game a week for the most part. 

So with Mudryk and Broja, that's 5 players for the forwards positions until January. 

If the intention is to play 4-2-3-1, as we did in pre season, then we are short of forwards. 

11 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Well I didn’t expect them to be willing to sell…

IMG_7792.jpeg

I vaguely recall Guardiola saying in a press conference a few weeks ago that Palmer had said he wanted to play and that he and the club would never stand in someone's way if they say they want to leave. Can't say I've watched enough of him to have a strong view but it does feel a bit ... pointless?

Still, if it isn't Smith Rowe, it's an improvement on what I expect us to do before 11pm Friday.

Just now, thevelourfog said:

I vaguely recall Guardiola saying in a press conference a few weeks ago that Palmer had said he wanted to play and that he and the club would never stand in someone's way if they say they want to leave. Can't say I've watched enough of him to have a strong view but it does feel a bit ... pointless?

Still, if it isn't Smith Rowe, it's an improvement on what I expect us to do before 11pm Friday.

Yeah, said he'd have to fight for his place like everyone else I believe. 

IMO he's very talented and PL ready despite his age. He also ticks the boxes of being able to play on the wing or in attacking midfield, so he fits the profile of attacker we've been after. 

I actually think this could be a  very smart move depending on the cost involved. 

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Unless he actively wants to move, I’d be shocked if they sold him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12941760/cole-palmer-man-city-winger-wants-game-time-but-pep-guardiola-unsure-on-future-so-whats-next

He's been pretty consistent and honest about what he wants, ideally to stay at City and play regularly but playing is more important that staying.

Could see this happening, he ticks literally every box and City have shown they are not adverse to selling to a rival, not that they would consider us a rival right now mind.

2 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12941760/cole-palmer-man-city-winger-wants-game-time-but-pep-guardiola-unsure-on-future-so-whats-next

He's been pretty consistent and honest about what he wants, ideally to stay at City and play regularly but playing is more important that staying.

Could see this happening, he ticks literally every box and City have shown they are not adverse to selling to a rival, not that they would consider us a rival right now mind.

The key quote that's been doing the rounds is  "Obviously the best scenario is to stay at City and play but obviously you know what the competition is like, if they bring someone in – I don’t know.”

Since he said that, City just signed Jeremy Doku. I don't think he's a hope in hell of playing regularly for them. Even Foden doesn't get consistent game time even though there's a big opening for him.

I think this could actually happen. From a City perspective, they'd receive a lot of money for someone who isn't starting any time soon, Palmer is likely to want the move and, as much as it hurts to say, we're not challenging them for the title in the immediate term. I can't see them not selling to us if a good offer comes in.

Looking at the squad size......assuming we move to a back 4, that means there are 6 other outfield positions, currently to be covered by:

Enzo, Caicedo, Lavia, Gallagher, Ugochukwu, Carney, Sterling, Madueke, Mudryk, Jackson, Broja, Nkunku

That's 12 players, one of whom is out until January, and one for a few weeks.

Looks light in forward options, and maybe a touch heavy in CM.

Edited by paulw66

42 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Joe Shields?  'Co-Director of Recruitment and Talent'?

What are all these titles?  And who is the other 'Director of Recruitment and Talent'? 

I thought Winstanley and the other guy did all that?

I just can't keep up with all these jobs.  Money for old rope.