Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

12 minutes ago, ROTG said:

IMO will be our squads Achilles heal. 

I agree. When the going get's tough and we hit a rocky patch of form, who in that dressing room is dragging us out of it? Who in that dressing room is going to be able to say 'Been here, done this many times, listen up...'.

It's a bit like when Frank Lampard was here the first time around, he had nobody on his bench to turn to with much more experience than him to help when things started to go south.

5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I agree. When the going get's tough and we hit a rocky patch of form, who in that dressing room is dragging us out of it? Who in that dressing room is going to be able to say 'Been here, done this many times, listen up...'.

It's a bit like when Frank Lampard was here the first time around, he had nobody on his bench to turn to with much more experience than him to help when things started to go south.

On top of that Poch has had more than one meltdown

Just seen this estimate of the savings made on the wages this season , sobering stuff .

Chelsea's reduced wage bill this summer:
Lukaku - 375K P/W.
Kanté - 300k P/W.
Koulibaly - 290k P/W.
Havertz - 200k P/W.
Azpilicueta - 180k P/W.
Cucurella - 175k P/W.
Aubameyang - 160k P/W.
Kepa - 170k P/W.
Pulisic - 150k P/W.
Ruben - 120k P/W.
Ziyech - 100k P/W.
Kovacic - 100k P/W.
Mount - 80k P/W.
Mendy - 55k P/W.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Just seen this estimate of the savings made on the wages this season , sobering stuff .

Lukaku - 375K P/W.
Kanté - 300k P/W.
Koulibaly - 290k P/W.
Havertz - 200k P/W.
Azpilicueta - 180k P/W.
Cucurella - 175k P/W.
Aubameyang - 160k P/W.
Kepa - 170k P/W.
Pulisic - 150k P/W.
Ruben - 120k P/W.
Ziyech - 100k P/W.
Kovacic - 100k P/W.
Mount - 80k P/W.
Mendy - 55k P/W.

So many on there were so over paid for their quality/what they gave the club.

You can kind of see why Mount would be annoyed when you see how much players like Cucurella, Auba & Havertz were earning, let alone Koulibaly and Lukaku!!

Thats some serious saving there though, it’s over £125m a year! It’s covered the Caicedo signing… although we’ve signed a lot of players this summer as well, but clearly on much lower wages.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Lukaku - 375K P/W.
Kanté - 300k P/W.
Koulibaly - 290k P/W.
Havertz - 200k P/W.
Azpilicueta - 180k P/W.
Cucurella - 175k P/W.
Aubameyang - 160k P/W.
Kepa - 170k P/W.
Pulisic - 150k P/W.
Ruben - 120k P/W.
Ziyech - 100k P/W.
Kovacic - 100k P/W.
Mount - 80k P/W.
Mendy - 55k P/W.

rumours floating around that ManUre are now after Reguillon rather than Cucurella.  Maybe this is the reason he played last night?

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

rumours floating around that ManUre are now after Reguillon rather than Cucurella.  Maybe this is the reason he played last night?

Yeah, would be surprised if he went out on loan now. He’d now be cup tied for Man United in the LC and it also makes it a harder sell to the player, because if he were to on loan to Man United, it didn’t work out and he came back to us in January, he wouldn’t be able to then go on and play for a third club this season.

Im really surprised he played last night with the speculation around.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Miguelito07 said:

Also, WTF is going to happen in pre-season next season?! with Casadei and Santos returning from their loans. We will have a bigger squad than we did at the beginning of this pre-season.

Well, that's already a potential issue. We have Enzo, Lavia, Caicedo, Gallagher and Ugochukwu, plus Carney. Oldest player Gallagher, 23

Add in the other 2, that's midfielders, who next summer will all be 24 and under. 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Lukaku - 375K P/W.
Kanté - 300k P/W.
Koulibaly - 290k P/W.
Havertz - 200k P/W.
Azpilicueta - 180k P/W.
Cucurella - 175k P/W.
Aubameyang - 160k P/W.
Kepa - 170k P/W.
Pulisic - 150k P/W.
Ruben - 120k P/W.
Ziyech - 100k P/W.
Kovacic - 100k P/W.
Mount - 80k P/W.
Mendy - 55k P/W.

130 million / year (23% of our FY22 revenue!!), that's a huge huge chunk off the wage bill. Unfortunately, from this list, Big Rom, Cucurella and Kepa will be coming back and their situations will be next year's problem.

Edited by SideshowLuiz

6 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Find it hard to believe United won’t follow through because Cucurella can’t play in the bloody Carabao cup!

IMG_7803.jpeg

It's more likely they watched him and saw how hapless he was than the fact he's cup tied. 

He's a player who desperately needs a loan away for his own mental wellbeing more than anything. 

• Like 1

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

Is it just me or is anyone else expecting a couple of twists and turns before the end of this window? Wouldn’t be shocked to see someone depart or someone else come in (in addition to Palmer).

I'm just hoping we keep hold of Gallagher at this juncture , I can't imagine Lavia being as useful 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Is it just me or is anyone else expecting a couple of twists and turns before the end of this window? Wouldn’t be shocked to see someone depart or someone else come in (in addition to Palmer).

I hope we don't bring in more. Our dressing room is full. Our treatment room is full. The refs object to our players changing in their room (at least, according to Micky Thomas). At this rate, they will have to change using beach towels in front of the MHL.

20 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Can only see Gallagher / Chalobah leaving with no major incomings.

Reckon we'll wait until January to get Toney.

59 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Well, that's already a potential issue. We have Enzo, Lavia, Caicedo, Gallagher and Ugochukwu, plus Carney. Oldest player Gallagher, 23

Add in the other 2, that's midfielders, who next summer will all be 24 and under. 

I think some of those will be allowed to leave on loan again / on a fee depending on how they progress.

6 midfielder doesn't sound like too many.