Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

4 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Can only see Gallagher / Chalobah leaving with no major incomings.

Reckon we'll wait until January to get Toney.

But does Palmer cover off the attacking player Poch was after? I'm not convinced he does and think that is more of an opportune signing than anything too planned.

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I agree. When the going get's tough and we hit a rocky patch of form, who in that dressing room is dragging us out of it? Who in that dressing room is going to be able to say 'Been here, done this many times, listen up...'.

It's a bit like when Frank Lampard was here the first time around, he had nobody on his bench to turn to with much more experience than him to help when things started to go south.

That may cost us winning the league but it shouldn't cost us getting top four / five?

If we get top four this season, we're in a great position. If not we might be a bit screwed.

I agree we need more experience, but we also need players who have the right mentality.

Bar perhaps Mudryk, nearly all of the new players look like great lads who will give their all.

I trust Caicedo, Lavia, and Enzo massively to carry our midfield over the coming years.

Caicedo is a mentality monster - Lavia too - and Enzo is top quality and effort in a nutshell.

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

But does Palmer cover off the attacking player Poch was after? I'm not convinced he does and think that is more of an opportune signing than anything too planned.

From what I read online, yep.

I think once we missed Olise, we tried to find another option.

Too late for Kudus. Doubts about Cherki, Fati, Felix.

ESR and Brennan Johnson explored.

I also heard we kept this quiet to avoid look stupid again as with Olise.

I think we want another experienced striker but there are no good ones available.

Oshimen too expensive. Poch doesn't like Vlahovic. We go for Toney in January.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

From what I read online, yep.

I think once we missed Olise, we tried to find another option.

Too late for Kudus. Doubts about Cherki, Fati, Felix.

ESR and Brennan Johnson explored.

I also heard we kept this quiet to avoid look stupid again as with Olise.

I think we want another experienced striker but there are no good ones available.

Oshimen too expensive. Poch doesn't like Vlahovic. We go for Toney in January.

Fair enough, that does surprise me though.

We're putting a lot on Broja if Jackson gets injured, so agree RE an experienced striker, but that pool of players is unfortunately very small.

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

Fair enough, that does surprise me though.

We're putting a lot on Broja if Jackson gets injured, so agree RE an experienced striker, but that pool of players is unfortunately very small.

Yeah I am not convinced about Broja but Poch seems to really fancy him.

Personally I like this seeming new strategy of not going for experienced players if there are doubts about their attitude.

Our saving grace this season is no Europe. We almost have a free hit and just need to get CL football.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

Oh well...Seems ManUre wanted the option to terminate the deal in January. Wonder is this means Maatsen might be leaving now

Why on earth was he played last night? WTF? 

3 hours ago, Box of Tricks said:

It's getting to the point where I think we need to hide Conor Gallagher in a cupboard until Deadline Day blows over.

I don't have any fears about Gallagher being sold anytime soon. He's been getting a lot of playing time which would suggest Poch likes him  thinks he's been playing well, which imho he has.

Moving forward, I can see Gallagher being an important part of the squad, starting enough games and coming off the bench enough to satisfy his need for playing time. 

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Ham said:

Why on earth was he played last night? WTF? 

It’s not because he’s cup tied for the Carabao cup.  Seems United wanted the option to send him back in January. Playing him last night scuppers that plan. Sounds like they basically wanted a three month loan on the cheap and we told them no thanks. 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

I don't have any fears about Gallagher being sold anytime soon. He's been getting a lot of playing time which would suggest Poch likes him  thinks he's been playing well, which imho he has.

Moving forward, I can see Gallagher being an important part of the squad, starting enough games and coming off the bench enough to satisfy his need for playing time. 

Hope you're right. He's been  a very valuable member of the team so far this season and looks settled in the role Poch has given him. His attitude has always been fantastic, and his overall game seems to be improving. With all the new, inexperienced arrivals, a player like him is vital for stability.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Backbiter said:

Hope you're right. He's been  a very valuable member of the team so far this season and looks settled in the role Poch has given him. His attitude has always been fantastic, and his overall game seems to be improving. With all the new, inexperienced arrivals, a player like him is vital for stability.

At 23, he is one of the experienced ones.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

I get the impression Chelsea didn't want to a deal where he could be sent back in January anyway.

Someone else must want him?

Apparently we wanted £7m for a loan and they wanted him for less, hence no deal. 

I think he needs "A" loan but one where he's valued and can play himself back into good confidence. 

For all the questions about Palmer...and rightly so....he is one of a very short list of Citeh youngsters to feature in serious games....Pep has the luxury of very good experienced players just waiting to feature in a long season for Citeh.... if "extra" strength or depth is needed the transfer window is always affordable in part I suppose due to the unique accounting system there!.....moving on players leaves no gaps .......

Please NO Toney ever!

Edited by chara

21 minutes ago, chara said:

For all the questions about Palmer...and rightly so....he is one of a very short list of Citeh youngsters to feature in serious games....Pep has the luxury of very good experienced players just waiting to feature in a long season for Citeh.... if "extra" strength or depth is needed the transfer window is always affordable in part I suppose due to the unique accounting system there!.....moving on players leaves no gaps .......

Please NO Toney ever!

Ref the no on Toney . I see a few on here with similar opinions, but I am curious as to why ?

I’m not pro signing Toney. However, I can see that what he brings to a team, and he has many attributes that are everything you want from a modern day lone striker. 
I don’t get and have yet to see any compelling reasons why a few on here would not welcome him. 
If anything , that slightly wronged and almost underdog personality, and leadership presence he has, is exactly the type of personality that would thrive here and the fans would love.

Whilst I wouldn’t necessarily draw direct comparisons with previous players . A combination of Toney and Jackson, does give me vibes of a certain Drogba and Anelka. Something about the way Jackson plays reminds me a little of Anelka. 
I cannot imagine any single defender would enjoy facing Toney supported by Jackson playing off him.

I can’t really get why quite a few are dead against Toney. At the right price . 

7 hours ago, RDCW said:

Maybe you haven't heard the original Peter Green lineup!

Sorry, I thought you meant Mick Fleetwood and John McVie's version. Ah now, Peter Green was a different matter altogether. Pure Genius. Once he left, they went downhill fast - at least in my humble opinion.

1 minute ago, Thiago97 said:

Ref the no on Toney . I see a few on here with similar opinions, but I am curious as to why ?

I’m not pro signing Toney. However, I can see that what he brings to a team, and he has many attributes that are everything you want from a modern day lone striker. 
I don’t get and have yet to see any compelling reasons why a few on here would not welcome him. 
If anything , that slightly wronged and almost underdog personality, and leadership presence he has, is exactly the type of personality that would thrive here and the fans would love.

Whilst I wouldn’t necessarily draw direct comparisons with previous players . A combination of Toney and Jackson, does give me vibes of a certain Drogba and Anelka. Something about the way Jackson plays reminds me a little of Anelka. 
I cannot imagine any single defender would enjoy facing Toney supported by Jackson playing off him.

I can’t really get why quite a few are dead against Toney. At the right price . 

Well, footballing wise he's mediocre, his stats are padded with penalties and he's playing for Brentford who nobody shuts up shop for so has room to play his game which he won't get here. 

Secondly there is an air of the idiot about him, he was caught on camera mocking Brentford a few seasons ago and the betting scandal was just the icing on a particularly overrated cake for me. 

They're not missing him either. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Well, footballing wise he's mediocre, his stats are padded with penalties and he's playing for Brentford who nobody shuts up shop for so has room to play his game which he won't get here. 

Secondly there is an air of the idiot about him, he was caught on camera mocking Brentford a few seasons ago and the betting scandal was just the icing on a particularly overrated cake for me. 

They're not missing him either. 

Pre conceived much ? You made the same argument about penalties just before they played Leeds at home last year. He then scored one of the best hat-tricks of the season ! The bit about him need to refine his game somewhere like Chelsea, is a completely fair one. That would be a challenge, but I expect one he can overcome . 
I listened to half of the diary of a CEO with him recently. I say half cos I found it a bit boring and don’t think he came across that engaging to be honest. I do think he has a certain focussed steeliness about him though. I think his mentality is to rise to almost any occasion. 
Brentford have played a handful of games without him, so it’s slightly reactionary to say they are not missing him. 

18 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Pre conceived much ? You made the same argument about penalties just before they played Leeds at home last year. He then scored one of the best hat-tricks of the season ! The bit about him need to refine his game somewhere like Chelsea, is a completely fair one. That would be a challenge, but I expect one he can overcome . 
I listened to half of the diary of a CEO with him recently. I say half cos I found it a bit boring and don’t think he came across that engaging to be honest. I do think he has a certain focussed steeliness about him though. I think his mentality is to rise to almost any occasion. 
Brentford have played a handful of games without him, so it’s slightly reactionary to say they are not missing him. 

Well my friend, you did ask. 

I think he's overrated. 

That is my honest opinion. 

25 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

I agree with you.

I think he's really kicked on to become one of the best strikers in the league.

Yes he made a big error with the gambling but the guy has something about him.

20 goals and 6 assists in 33 is excellent last season - even with 6 penalties.

10 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Well my friend, you did ask. 

I think he's overrated. 

That is my honest opinion. 

Pretty much ,along with your first answer on Toney..agree Mark...maybe irrational but just don't feel any good vibes about him..not sure that he would be a good influence on a younger set of players...just my view and I was uncertain about Anelka and was completely wrong!

2 minutes ago, chara said:

Pretty much ,along with your first answer on Toney..agree Mark...maybe irrational but just don't feel any good vibes about him..not sure that he would be a good influence on a younger set of players...just my view and I was uncertain about Anelka and was completely wrong!

He’s well known to be a leader. I don’t see why he would be a bad influence on young players. It’s no coincidence Brentford went that step further and got promoted once he joined the club. 
I just struggle to see the dislike some have for him. I believe people have this view of him, that affects their ability to judge the player.

He’s worked his way up through the leagues to become one of the most feared strikers in the PL.  He should be lauded as very few players achieve this. You need to have a certain mindset to achieve that in this current period of football. Vardy probably the only other player who done something similar in recent times. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Thiago97 said:

He’s well known to be a leader. I don’t see why he would be a bad influence on young players. It’s no coincidence Brentford went that step further and got promoted once he joined the club. 
I just struggle to see the dislike some have for him. I believe people have this view of him, that affects their ability to judge the player.

He’s worked his way up through the leagues to become one of the most feared strikers in the PL.  He should be lauded as very few players achieve this. You need to have a certain mindset to achieve that in this current period of football. Vardy probably the only other player who done something similar in recent times. 

Respect you views..as always but well...just don't like him as a person or a player,,that doesn't invalidate your opinion at all and is just my very illogical opinion😄

• Like 1