Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

2 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Looking after the  longtime, hardcore fanbase isn't top of their list of priorities.

I doubt that most fans would be that naive.I would guess most fans know they don't give a toss about fans unless it is in their best financial interests - they are after all an investment company.

I think we are at a crossroads - either things will get very good for us or they will get very nasty.

If we don't see a vast improvement this season and see 'an ever increasing improvement' - I think/know things will get nasty.

4 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

IMG_2807.jpeg

This is something I don't get.To me Chabolah looks as good as any of defenders we have bought lately.

If that's the case surely he would have to be in the 60mil+ category? or in Cucurellas case 100 mil+

Edited by kev61

6 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Chabolah looks as good as any of defenders we have bought lately.

I was thinking that earlier, Disasi was signed to be an upgrade, but there isn’t really much difference between the two, selling Gallagher on deadline day would really be a piss take. They better hope we get results or shit will hit the fan soon. 

4 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

I was thinking that earlier, Disasi was signed to be an upgrade, but there isn’t really much difference between the two, selling Gallagher on deadline day would really be a piss take. They better hope we get results or shit will hit the fan soon. 

I have to admit I don't understand what they are trying to do buying up all these youngsters.To me is seems like pure speculation that could bite them/us in the arse - but as I say I'm no expert in finance.

The thing is I pride myself in knowing a good player from your finest compost.

15 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

There is though, at least attribute wise? Disasi is far more physically imposing, vastly better in the air, and a more accomplished passer. For a defence that's lacked a bit of size, and also needs their defenders capable of moving the ball about with purpose, Disasi has the more appropriate profile. 

Once Disasi settles in properly then we'll get a better understanding of whether or not there's much of a quality difference overall. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, xceleryx said:
19 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

There is thought, at least attribute wise? Disasi is far more physically imposing, vastly better in the air, and a more accomplished passer. For a defence that's lacked a bit of size, and also needs their defenders capable of moving the ball about with purpose, Disasi has the more appropriate profile. 

Umm

rinse and repeat comment from KK days ?

29 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Once Disasi settles in properly then we'll get a better understanding of whether or not there's much of a quality difference overall. 

I’ll give him more time before fully judging him, but I’m just not overly convinced right now. I agree that he seems very accomplished in the air, but he’s been sloppy in possession and seems to enjoy losing the ball in dangerous areas, hope that improves. 

Edited by Floyd25

4 hours ago, Rob B said:

Selling Gallagher will not go down well.  

From an average fan’s perspective, the tide has definitely turned with him from a year ago. 

Maybe it might be the case of the right offer came in Gallagher might fancy a move regardless of his loyalties to the club.

Let’s be honest if this season goes south Gallagher will be high on the list of player sales next summer, because he’s pure profit. 

We are now in the Billy Beane world of balancing the books.

19 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Umm

KK wasn't as bad as what was peddled in the end. 

During the second half of the season he was one of our better performers once he settled in a bit more, including outstanding displays in the Dortmund games for example. 

14 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

I’ll give him more time before fully judging him, but I’m just not overly convinced right now. I agree that he seems very accomplished in the air, but he’s been sloppy in possession and seems to enjoy losing the ball in dangerous areas, hope that improves. 

He's sloppy in possession in terms of wanting time on the ball in areas he's not going to get it in, which can be adjusted once he picks up the pace of the PL properly. Not uncommon, even Thiago Silva took a minute to adjust to this. Should he settle in, then his overall game has more to offer us IMO.

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Umm

Please tell us who you think is a good player and is worth the money - and a bad player that you think is a waste of money.

Instead  of not so cryptic platitudes.

Be specific old toot,you know your flock will appreciate it.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Fraid so. 

Heavy metal is my first love, particularly NWOBHM. 

I was once thick of hair and thin of waist, sadly now it's the other way around! 

You should be barred from this site and every other person that thinks heavy metal is music.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 2

7 hours ago, McCreadie said:

Cannot be selling Gallagher or Maatsen, enough already. 

It wasn't that long ago that a lot of fans were saying Conor would never make it.

After a couple of decent performances he is now a player we look up to.

How fickle we are.There are several players that haven't been given a proper chance or are part of this clearlake project that is less than clear.

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

IMG_2808.jpeg

About time this was sorted. 

Can't see Hudson-Odoi being much of a player moving forward, injury robbed him of his burst of speed and he has (thus far at least) lacked the football brain to compensate and reinvent his game. 

All the best nonetheless. 

Edited by xceleryx
  • Agree 3

53 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Please tell us who you think is a good player and is worth the money - and a bad player that you think is a waste of money.

Instead  of not so cryptic platitudes.

Be specific old toot,you know your flock will appreciate it.

To be fair to ROTG he's given us a few names in recent years to see us rise back to the top.

Ben Mee, James Tarkovski, and the midfield maestro himself Kieran Dewsbury-Hall all spring to mind.

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

To be fair to ROTG he's given us a few names in recent years to see us rise back to the top.

Ben Mee, James Tarkovski, and the midfield maestro himself Kieran Dewsbury-Hall all spring to mind.

Never heard of any of them as a chelsea supporter of 50 years.

33 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Yeah why would we want to keep an academy produced England international when we can buy a unknown French 19-year old? I mean, it’s so obvious. 

Or a 16 year old child winger who’s played two games for FC Schmingy Schmongy, champions of the Bollock Islands Premier League. 

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Yeah why would we want to keep an academy produced England international when we can buy a unknown French 19-year old? I mean, it’s so obvious. 

Baffling isn't it. I don't mind selling Hall as he apparently really wanted to join the Toon and was going to struggle to get games. But Gallagher for all his technical failings does a job, fights for the jersey and is proven in the Prem.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I can't wait for this window to close. 

You and me both Paul.

Perhaps we can sign a petition to the league, asking them to ban Chelsea for the next 3-4 transfer windows? Or do we have someone working at the club who can dig up some dirt on historical transfers? Would be the best thing that could ever happen to us. 

9 hours ago, Original 21 said:

I wonder if Poch was sending the Board a message by making Gallagher captain the other night. A hands-off if you like. 

Problem is I can’t see Winstanley and his mate being all that bothered. It’s been clear for a while that they run things when it comes to recruitment and ultimately if they need to sell Gallagher to balance the books, they’ll get their way, especially if the offer is tempting enough. 

Is there any chance we can offer Chip and Dale to Spurs?

8 hours ago, Proud-Blue said:

So let me get this straight.

Gallagher loves Chelsea and desperately wants to stay. By all metrics, he is playing very well, Poch wants him to stay the fans want him to stay.  He's come through our academy and is truly one of our own.

As a reward, we try to flog him Tottenham Hotspur of all clubs. 

Wow.

Wow indeed. To be honest with you, if we do sell Gallagher to any team (let alone Spurs) then I'd seriously have to think about how bothered I can be with the club going forward. 

4 hours ago, xceleryx said:

KK wasn't as bad as what was peddled in the end. 

During the second half of the season he was one of our better performers once he settled in a bit more, including outstanding displays in the Dortmund games for example. 

He absolutely was exactly as bad as peddled.

For the £325k/week he was paid, he performed well below expectations. His performances ranged from disastrous in the beginning to barely acceptable PL level in the end. Just like Kepa, if he was paid £60k/week and bought in a 4th choice CB then fine, his performances were kind of acceptable. But for a star he was a massive, massive failure. 

11 minutes ago, johnnybozo said:

Baffling isn't it. I don't mind selling Hall as he apparently really wanted to join the Toon and was going to struggle to get games. But Gallagher for all his technical failings does a job, fights for the jersey and is proven in the Prem.

I do mind selling Hall. But I'd be furious if we sold Gallagher.