Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Sounds like just the kind of signing we'd make and probably stick him on £400k a week for 6 years.

What makes you say that? All the long contracts we have given have been for players 22 and under.

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Unless he came dirt cheap it would be a potential disaster with his age and recent injuries.  

He has played in all 33 of Spurs' league games this season

He played in 37 league games last season

He played in 35 the year before.

4 league games missed in almost 3 seasons. 

Just now, paulw66 said:

What makes you say that? All the long contracts we have given have been for players 22 and under.

We have been known to sign players, in particular strikers, at the wrong time (either age or injury record)... Shevchenko, Falcao, Torres, Aubameyang and in recent times we've been handing out very long contracts, so I was just combining the two to make a lighthearted post on a Friday afternoon, that was all.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

We have been known to sign players, in particular strikers, at the wrong time (either age or injury record)... Shevchenko, Falcao, Torres, Aubameyang and in recent times we've been handing out very long contracts, so I was just combining the two to make a lighthearted post on a Friday afternoon, that was all.

Light hearted Sam?...shame on you..😁

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I love the way posts now merge if you do them in quick succession. 

Yeah, debated adding it in as a feature for a while, but think it makes sense to do it… it’s only if you post in the same topic within a certain space of time. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

He has played in all 33 of Spurs' league games this season

He played in 37 league games last season

He played in 35 the year before.

4 league games missed in almost 3 seasons. 

That doesn't sound right at all as he was out for a few spells (when Son stepped up in his absence) from recollection in the last 12 months. 

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/83532/History/Harry-Kane

Only 1 appearance as a sub, so the rest were all starts.

The year before (4 seasons ago) he played 29 league games. 

How on earth was my recollection of his past few seasons so skewed?

What about his dodgy ankles?  🤷🏻‍♂️

I stand by his age being a potential issue though for the price they'd ask.

3 hours ago, Ham said:

How on earth was my recollection of his past few seasons so skewed?

What about his dodgy ankles?  🤷🏻‍♂️

I stand by his age being a potential issue though for the price they'd ask.

I don't disagree with the last paragraph 

2 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Kane is a technically sound striker with a good football brain who doesn't rely on pace. That kind of player tends to age well and I can see him being a quality player well into his 30's.

Agree.

I can see him ageing much in the same way as Lewandowski has as a striker, but with greater scope to drop deeper more like a Rooney or Gudjohnsen. 

Really just will be a matter of his body holding up.

Kane would be a phenomenal signing.  He is amongst the top three numbers 9’s in world football (Benzema, Lewa) and is rounded enough as a player to slot in straight away IMO - unlike say a Timo Werner who has a very distinct way of playing and needs a certain style to get the best out of him. 

Kane on the other hand can come deep and link up play, scores taps in,  free kicks, penalties, shots from distance etc.  He doesn’t rely on pace and has an existing relationship with Poch. 

Highly unlikely Spurs would sell to us, but he would be probably the best purchase in what is a very limited pool of options.