Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

7 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

The same could be said for Cucurella in the League Cup.

If only we had the likes of alex Ferguson's managerial expertise.

He jumped ship because  the modern day footballer would laugh in his face with a contract that guaranteed wealth.

11 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Fraid so. 

Heavy metal is my first love, particularly NWOBHM. 

I was once thick of hair and thin of waist, sadly now it's the other way around! 

Same, including the hair and waistline. I am listening to Draconian Times as we speak in fact. 

The reality is that every player is up for sale. If someone came in and offered £100m for, say, Gallagher or Maatsen, the club would be crazy not to sell provided the player is willing assuming that the transfer would not diminish the squad to a greater degree. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

He absolutely was exactly as bad as peddled.

For the £325k/week he was paid, he performed well below expectations. His performances ranged from disastrous in the beginning to barely acceptable PL level in the end. Just like Kepa, if he was paid £60k/week and bought in a 4th choice CB then fine, his performances were kind of acceptable. But for a star he was a massive, massive failure. 

Relative to what he was paid he didn't perform to the overall level warranted or expected, sure. And at the end of the day that's largely why he was sold - his wages weren't a good reflection of the role he'd hold moving forward. Still, his second half of last season was solid and had he remained here he'd have likely been alright. 

Not that it really matters now.

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Wow indeed. To be honest with you, if we do sell Gallagher to any team (let alone Spurs) then I'd seriously have to think about how bothered I can be with the club going forward. 

Truthfully, and it hurts to even think about this but deep in my soul I agree with you. Absolute joke of a decision and so very telling.

They've not done a lot wrong this summer so I will cautiously say I don't see it happening but if it does it undermines a lot more than just a transfer window. 

It goes right to the heart of what Chelsea is. Selling Gallagher is a red line I cannot abide crossing. Not that my wrath or my conscious decision to invest less of myself, my time, my money and my emotional energy, my love and my hopes and dreams into the club I've supported for over 35 years will matter or even be noticed by the club, but that's where I'm at with it. 

Don't do it Chels. Just don't. 

• Love 1
  • Agree 3

6 hours ago, xceleryx said:

KK wasn't as bad as what was peddled in the end. 

Not Bakayoko or Cucu levels of bad but that'wasnt the issue with KK. Question should be is wether he was a good enough level for us to go forward with and the answer to that was a big NO! 100% the right decision to move him on!

• Agree 1

So, predictions folks? 

Mine:

* Chalobah goes, probably to Bayern on a LWOTB before the deadline. 

* CHO completes his move to Forest.

* Spurs do make a bid for Gallagher but we don't let him go as it isn't enough. 

* Maatsen goes for pocket money because he hasn't signed his contract. 

* Chelsea do go in for Toney this afternoon, fail and then bring him in in Jan. Burstow stays. 

* Sarr gets released and goes somewhere like Fulham for nothing. 

* Washington gets a League One loan.

* Moreira gets the last foreign loan spot so Big Les Ugochukwu gets a decent Championship loan, somewhere like Leicester. 

* Bergstrom also gets a League One loan. 

* Cucurella stays and has a reasonably decent season. Nothing amazing but better than he was last season. 

* Humphries doesn't get a loan and stays with the first team. 

* Salah goes to Al Ettihad for a world record transfer fee that Liverpool dine out on for seven years. 

Edited by Morgs

5 hours ago, kev61 said:

I just replied with a long reply and then lost it.Nasty is when fans turn against the owners like Manu.How would you define nasty in similar circumstances?

If the club is not sustainable due to the stupid contracts and becomes a mid table team, then one has to look at the ground which is a huge asset if developed. With the ownership building another ground somewhere “let hope its not Milton Keynes” 😀

4 hours ago, kev61 said:

You should be barred from this site and every other person that thinks heavy metal is music.

I'm not a heavy metal fan but it does at least require a good level of musicianship to be able to play it well.  

The only  genre your post should apply to is Rap, which literally requires zero musical talent to make. Talking or shouting over samples and computer generated noises does not deserve to bracketed alongside all the other proper musical genres.

Edited by boratsbrother
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Morgs said:

So, predictions folks? 

Mine:

* Spurs do make a bid for Gallagher but we don't let him go as it isn't enough. 

* Maatsen goes for pocket money because he hasn't signed his contract. 

* Chelsea do go in for Toney this afternoon, fail and then bring him in in Jan. Burstow stays. 

* Washington gets a League One loan.

* Moreira gets the last foreign loan spot so Big Les Ugochukwu gets a decent Championship loan, somewhere like Leicester. 

* Bergstrom also gets a League One loan. 

* Cucurella stays and has a reasonably decent season. Nothing amazing but better than he was last season. 

* Moreira gets a Championship loan.

* Big Les Ugochukwu stays.

* Bergstrom gets a League One loan. 

* Cucurella stays.

* Burstow goes on loan to one of the newly promoted clubs.

* We sign someone completely unexpected on loan.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Relative to what he was paid he didn't perform to the overall level warranted or expected, sure. And at the end of the day that's largely why he was sold - his wages weren't a good reflection of the role he'd hold moving forward. Still, his second half of last season was solid and had he remained here he'd have likely been alright. 

Not that it really matters now.

Alright for a £325k/week player? Your standards are well and truly below expectations in that case. 

5 hours ago, kev61 said:

Please tell us who you think is a good player and is worth the money - and a bad player that you think is a waste of money.

Instead  of not so cryptic platitudes.

Be specific old toot,you know your flock will appreciate it.

Now then my old cock sparrow. 

one would hope when signing a player you are hopefully they are either on par with the current playing staff or an upgrade to ensure the club continues to evolve and reinforcing its position as a top team in the world, hence the wonderful trophy room over the past 3 decades. 

That philosophy has been thrown out the window in favour of Billy Beane style of player recruitment and management. 

Some of us will be pushing up the daisies before continual success comes back to the club. Look at the Arse, Manure, Dippers all have spent years in the wilderness due to the clubs leadership having epiphanies  

Over and out.  

Edited by ROTG

If the owners want to get the Chelsea fans onside, I strongly advise them to continue any talks happening with Tottenham about the transfer of Conor Gallagher, knowing Tottenham need to sell players before they can make a concrete offer. Let them get those players out the door, string them along and then with about an hour to go, tell them that actually Conor isn't for sale... then sit back and watch them scramble for an hour.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1