Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

8 hours ago, xceleryx said:

KK wasn't as bad as what was peddled in the end. 

During the second half of the season he was one of our better performers once he settled in a bit more, including outstanding displays in the Dortmund games for example. 

He was toilet full stop. Never suited for the PL hence your highlighting a European game as his best. 

5 hours ago, xceleryx said:

To be fair to ROTG he's given us a few names in recent years to see us rise back to the top.

Ben Mee, James Tarkovski, and the midfield maestro himself Kieran Dewsbury-Hall all spring to mind.

Correct, I suggested them as tactical buys last summer who would have cost nothing and been happy to bench warm and be punted after a year, instead we brought KK and Cucurella who you championed for and look how that turned out. 

As for Dewsbury-Hall I doubt he could be any worst than Mudryk or half of the other overpriced recruits this summer. 

looking forward to the closure of the transfer window, so you can recommence your in depth analysis of matches which I do enjoy. 👍

3 hours ago, kev61 said:

If only we had the likes of alex Ferguson's managerial expertise.

He jumped ship because  the modern day footballer would laugh in his face with a contract that guaranteed wealth.

Hear hear.  
That Jimmy Hill has a lot to answer for.  

Those were the days when the club payed a player a honest wage so when they retired they normally brought a pub and were skint within two years. 

No insurance, no player welfare, no education and 20 woodbine a day as bonus.  

yeah the dark old days bring them back Kev. 😀

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Lump Of Celery said:

From Poch's news conference it sounds like he hasn't had much say in the transfer business this summer

Billy Beane Management on player recruitment 😀

Also Poch using the word project seems to be coming more common at his press conferences

1 minute ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

A lot of clubs use that stupid expression. Used to be a European thing but they use it here now too. 

Maybe i should send a post card to Eggy's and Todd, suggesting Poch's Head Coach title should be changed to Project Manager?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ham said:

I swear Cucu is going to become the villain in this piece.  SB will become toxic for him. 

I doubt he will give a dam "I know i would not"

Marc Cucurella signed a 6 year / £54,600,000 contract with the Chelsea F.C., including an annual average salary of £9,100,000. (£175K per week)

Edited by ROTG
He's a bit young for Saudi

13 minutes ago, Ham said:

I swear Cucu is going to become the villain in this piece.  SB will become toxic for him. 

I suspect a Maatsen sale has nothing to do with Cucurella and everything to do with us having just over 8 hours before we see absolutely nothing for years of investment in him.

I don't think Stamford Bridge could be any more ambivalent to Cucurella.

I watched the news conference which is quite an ordeal as to hear what the questions are you have to jack the volume right up and then it sounds like Pochettino is shouting his replies , anyway , I digress , Poch said , when asked about Gallagher leaving , that he didn't expect anyone in the main match day squad to go and that Conor had been good from day one and is very versatile , however there was a caveat about the usual , things change etc so we will have to wait and see I suppose . 

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Romano saying they've just had a bid accepted for Sangare, so with that an Hudson-Odoi and a keeper coming in, I think this rumour is probably rubbish. They've already got too big a squad.

Notice Romano hasn't said anything on Gallagher/Spurs and that it hasn't been picked up by the BBC/Guardian Live blogs, either.

Romano saying Chalobah would only move to Bayern, so it will be them or staying at Chelsea.

Reports that Mason Burstow is set for a season-long loan deal at Sunderland. I wonder if that means we may have another striker coming in or are we going forward with just Jackson and Broja?