Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

11 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Are there two Christensen's then? 

I don't recognise this behemoth of defending that everyone is eulogising. 

The one who played for us was as wet as an April fortnight in Margate. 

He is as good as any of the defenders we have pissed money against the wall.

Very few are "eulogising".You think he was a waste of space I don't(and a few others) - simple as that.

I don't see any talent in picasso's  work compared to Caravaggio,but I have to be wrong because people pay millions for his paintings.

9 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

He’s perfect for Barcelona. But in any League where he’ll be under pressure he’ll fold. Mental strength of a toddler. It’s amazing what absence can do to a players ability. 

So you don't think he is "under pressure" in the cauldron of the camp nou??.

I can't wait for volunteers  to be asked to populate Mars- I'll be first to sign up.

13 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

I just think there's less characters because everyone's addicted to their phones.

New generations are softer even if they are better tactically and even technically.

Leads to players like Mudryk who can't handle the pressure of the big occasion.

While South Americans who genuinely grew up in the streets still escape some of that.

There's less characters because the sport itself requires far more professionalism with "imagine" being a such a huge component of players and brands. 

The young kids that come through from grassroots levels are all coached in a specific manner, therefore they're all by large carbon copies of each other with the flair and individualism often being stripped in the process. You wouldn't see a player have a pathway like Joe Cole in this day and age for instance. 

The cheap shot at Mudryk is unnecessary.

7 hours ago, kev61 said:

I don't see any talent in picasso's  work compared to Caravaggio,but I have to be wrong because people pay millions for his paintings.

I think the Mona Lisa is as dull as dishwater to look at (my mum and dad had a print hanging for years. Mum hated it too)  but that's Art for you!

Van Gogh died a pauper while Picaso left an estate worth hundreds of millions, yet both are rated as geniuses. Though they're not all to my taste I can see the talent in all the great artists. It's today's so called 'modern art'which needs to be called out. Much of it is little more than pretentious tripe.

I liked Picasso's Blue and Rose periods mostly and the synthetic cubist works, but not so much the surreal or later works, though with individual pieces excepted. However, when I look at the conceptual art of, say, the YBAs, I find very little of any value in any of it. It just seems like ephemera to me. But then, sometimes, I see value in players that most other people seem to think awful and vice versa. Just personal taste, I suppose.

8 hours ago, kev61 said:

He is as good as any of the defenders we have pissed money against the wall.

Very few are "eulogising".You think he was a waste of space I don't(and a few others) - simple as that.

That's because the defenders we have pissed money against the wall for are also not very good. Not much of an argument really Kev !

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

I liked Picasso's Blue and Rose periods mostly and the synthetic cubist works, but not so much the surreal or later works, though with individual pieces excepted. However, when I look at the conceptual art of, say, the YBAs, I find very little of any value in any of it. It just seems like ephemera to me. But then, sometimes, I see value in players that most other people seem to think awful and vice versa. Just personal taste, I suppose.

Damien Hirst's 'Shark In A Tank' Tracey Emin's 'Unmade Bed' which was eventually sold for over 4million dollars. It's an insult to the great painters and sculptors for that kind of nonsense to be classed as Art.

18 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Put Christensen in the PL and he’ll go back to dodging games because he can’t stomach it. One of the most overrated defenders we’ve ever had. 

He’s perfect for Barcelona. But in any League where he’ll be under pressure he’ll fold. Mental strength of a toddler. It’s amazing what absence can do to a players ability. 

I usually agree with your posts but not this one 

I think Christensen's legacy at Chelsea has been greatly tarnished by the unprofessional way he handled his last month's at club during his contract problems.

Before the contract problem, him and Rudi were forming one of the best partnerships in the league and one which was getting better and better. Christensen was also improving as an individual, with the brain farts becoming less and less frequent along with him becoming physically stronger. Had they stayed together, I could see them going onto becoming second only to Terry & Gallas and Terry & Carvalho as all-time great Chelsea partnerships.

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

You won't see this on RAWK. 

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Exactly!

Just looked at his stats at Chelsea. 13/14 played 10 with 4 as sub and scored 2 goals. 14/15 played 3 as sub then sold. Hardly terrible stats and certainly not ones to not rate a young forward starting his career at a big club.

Chelsea players didn't want him to leave because they saw him tearing it up on the training ground and knew what a talent he was. There's also a YouTube highlights video of him at Chelsea which shows very clearly he was an immense talent just waiting fo fully get going as a player.

A Wenger, Pep or Klopp type manager would have nurtured him along, whereas Jose was always about the here and now. 

Yes.  The alternative to sending Salah on loan would have been to sell Hazard instead.  Or gone for the another season of big squad development phase instead of hiring the top jockey as manager and trying to win the Prem.

Wenger might have nurtured Salah.  Klopp certainly wouldn't have, Klopp is as much an out and out win or bust man as JM ever was.
Pep has got say Foden exactly right (to my great disappointment Foden has turned out as promised).

But Pep has had a much stronger team that Chelsea had in 2014 and had all the funds he wanted it.
The City and Man U model has been to constantly spend big to maintain what should be constantly a top team.
Chelsea have (other than 2003, 4, 22& 23) limited big spending and controlled costs until the team looked good enough to win trophies and only then invested big in title-winning transfers.  Liverpool have been similar.

Salah has 2 PL medals, one was for those 3 sub appearances in 14/15.

1 hour ago, Ham said:

You won't see this on RAWK. 

My sixpeneth !!...amazed when I first saw "The Haywain" after years of biscuit tin tops!!

and Turner in full Trimarine glory...and as you say Mona Lisa,,,more subtle than on first glance but something of a let down...traumatic visit to Lourdes (sort of on point!),,Hampstead Heath on Bank Holiday...but the Grotto?...hair on neck vibe..as was a Bacon painting shown to me waiting to be catalogued for auction,,still feel it today.

3 hours ago, Dwmh said:

Yes.  The alternative to sending Salah on loan would have been to sell Hazard instead.  Or gone for the another season of big squad development phase instead of hiring the top jockey as manager and trying to win the Prem.

Wenger might have nurtured Salah.  Klopp certainly wouldn't have, Klopp is as much an out and out win or bust man as JM ever was.
Pep has got say Foden exactly right (to my great disappointment Foden has turned out as promised).

But Pep has had a much stronger team that Chelsea had in 2014 and had all the funds he wanted it.
The City and Man U model has been to constantly spend big to maintain what should be constantly a top team.
Chelsea have (other than 2003, 4, 22& 23) limited big spending and controlled costs until the team looked good enough to win trophies and only then invested big in title-winning transfers.  Liverpool have been similar.

Salah has 2 PL medals, one was for those 3 sub appearances in 14/15.

I doubt very much we'd  have sold Salah if Jose saw his huge potential and rated him as highly as the players did.  Along with De Bruyne, it was a huge and costly mistake letting him go, simple as that really. 

Just imagine the goal threat we would have possessed with Hazard on the left, Salah on the right with Costa in the middle and De Bruyne pulling the strings in midfield. A goal threat as dangerous as anything a primetime City or Liverpool have had over the last ten years. Furthermore, City and Liverpool would have been without two of their most important players. A sad case of what might have been for us.😭

2 hours ago, chara said:

My sixpeneth !!...amazed when I first saw "The Haywain" after years of biscuit tin tops!!

and Turner in full Trimarine glory...and as you say Mona Lisa,,,more subtle than on first glance but something of a let down...traumatic visit to Lourdes (sort of on point!),,Hampstead Heath on Bank Holiday...but the Grotto?...hair on neck vibe..as was a Bacon painting shown to me waiting to be catalogued for auction,,still feel it today.

The Haywain was another picture mum and dad on the wall. Quite liked that one.

These days i  have several Dali's. A few Van Gogh and Manet's and various other prints by less famous artists. 

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

I doubt very much we'd  have sold Salah if Jose saw his huge potential and rated him as highly as the players did.  Along with De Bruyne, it was a huge and costly mistake letting him go, simple as that really. 

I doubt there is a single player with 3 appearances for us that doesn't have an amazing video of what he did in training, or quotes from senior players about how great he is.    But lets face it on U21 clips and senior pro quotes, Salah was no RLC or CHO let alone a Josh McEachran.  More people on here (or should I call it there) in 13/14 were predicting big things for Tomas Kallas than for Salah.  

But more importantly  Summer 2013 & 14 was a time of making huge decisions.  Of players like Salah arriving after 2012 we committed starting places to Oscar, Azpi, Willian, Hazard and Courtois. 
Lampard, Ashley Cole, Drogba (for 2 years), Malouda, Anelka, Essien and Mata all were moved on and Cech dropped.

No one can say the club wasn't making room for the new talent to thrive at Chelsea.  Just that Salah(1992) and Lukaku(1993) and de Bruyne(1991) weren't starring yet in the way that Willian(88) , Hazard(91), Azpi(89), Oscar(91) and Courtois(92) were.
Sending Salah on loan mid-season when we were on course to win the Prem was frankly doing him a big favour.

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

Just imagine the goal threat we would have possessed with Hazard on the left, Salah on the right with Costa in the middle and De Bruyne pulling the strings in midfield. A goal threat as dangerous as anything a primetime City or Liverpool have had over the last ten years. Furthermore, City and Liverpool would have been without two of their most important players. A sad case of what might have been for us.😭

So sell Willian, don't buy Fabregas, and watch City or Arsenal win the Prem???
No Thankyou.   I loved 14/15 and wouldn't have it ruined with players not ready.
The cost is in titles missed by Chelsea, not goals scored for other clubs.  That would be jealousy not self interest.

If you want to find the big transfer errors you have to go 2007, 8 & 9 when we missed 3 titles by close amounts (the legends game reminds me, Kalou was our 2nd choice striker  🙂 ).
2013/14 was a surprise on the upside by the little ponies, and since then the only times we have been less than 19 points off the top we have won it.  I really don't see how Salah and KdB could have won us any more titles.

2 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Seen links of Maatsen to Real Madrid and Man City in the last couple of days. Suspect it is his agent putting the work in to push up the contract offer though!

Yes - isn't the arrangement he stays and signs an extended contract.  Loan in January then i expect.

28 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

I doubt there is a single player with 3 appearances for us that doesn't have an amazing video of what he did in training, or quotes from senior players about how great he is.    But lets face it on U21 clips and senior pro quotes, Salah was no RLC or CHO let alone a Josh McEachran.  More people on here (or should I call it there) in 13/14 were predicting big things for Tomas Kallas than for Salah.  

But more importantly  Summer 2013 & 14 was a time of making huge decisions.  Of players like Salah arriving after 2012 we committed starting places to Oscar, Azpi, Willian, Hazard and Courtois. 
Lampard, Ashley Cole, Drogba (for 2 years), Malouda, Anelka, Essien and Mata all were moved on and Cech dropped.

No one can say the club wasn't making room for the new talent to thrive at Chelsea.  Just that Salah(1992) and Lukaku(1993) and de Bruyne(1991) weren't starring yet in the way that Willian(88) , Hazard(91), Azpi(89), Oscar(91) and Courtois(92) were.
Sending Salah on loan mid-season when we were on course to win the Prem was frankly doing him a big favour.

So sell Willian, don't buy Fabregas, and watch City or Arsenal win the Prem???
No Thankyou.   I loved 14/15 and wouldn't have it ruined with players not ready.
The cost is in titles missed by Chelsea, not goals scored for other clubs.  That would be jealousy not self interest.

If you want to find the big transfer errors you have to go 2007, 8 & 9 when we missed 3 titles by close amounts (the legends game reminds me, Kalou was our 2nd choice striker  🙂 ).
2013/14 was a surprise on the upside by the little ponies, and since then the only times we have been less than 19 points off the top we have won it.  I really don't see how Salah and KdB could have won us any more titles.

Yes - isn't the arrangement he stays and signs an extended contract.  Loan in January then i expect.

This is indeed the return of Droy Was My Hero. Where have you been? 

16 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

This is indeed the return of Droy Was My Hero. Where have you been? 

OK..no more fluffing about,,,IF @Dwmh you are the real McDroy then you will not hesitate to answer 3 easy questions!

1...How tall are you ?

2... Why did you choose your forum name?

3,,, You and I way back had an interesting,,for me..discussion about former Chelsea ownership..who was it and what was the subject of an employee issue?

Challenge?

Added,,and I want you to be Droy!

Edited by chara
  • Like 2