Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Pay attention MK - I said tactical Snr players with PL milage on the clock and are prepared to be a squad member and could do a job when asked, maybe even a leader within the squad.

BTW - Dwight McNeil cost £17m - 5 goal 2 assists the season in a relegation team, how does that compare to Pulisic, Zyech, Mudryk, Madueke?

Your right it really funny when you look at the stats of £17m vs £200m of chelsea talent 

Pulisic and Ziyech were bought by the RA elite players sporting department I believe.

The season McNeil got relegated Mudryk scored three goals in the Champions League 

Madueke is one for the future and has scored 11 goals for PSV Eindhoven previously and is an England U21 international already .

But sure , make your mind up about decent young players let down by the elite professionals surrounding them in a season where they've barely played because TB sporting department.

On 29/04/2023 at 13:44, boratsbrother said:

According to the Athletic, a number of our new signings regret coming here and want away.  

As far as I'm concerned, any player who is not up for the fight to try and turn the club around can jolly we'll do one!

Agreed. I presume they've rocked up, assuming they could just hitch their wagon to the Chelsea express then they find out, too late, that we're not that same club and that they are expected to be integral in dragging us kicking and screaming up the table. If they're not prepared to put the work in then we don't need them. The reality is that at the moment we're a mid tale club with a bunch of very highly paid unmotivated players. It will take a turnaround in the players' attitudes to get us anywhere near top 4 contention and I don't see it happening next year even with Pep in charge. We need to start building from the bottom up again and embed players with a solid work ethic in the team before we begin to think about hanging the sparkly ornaments on the tree.

35 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Pulisic and Ziyech were bought by the RA elite players sporting department I believe.

The season McNeil got relegated Mudryk scored three goals in the Champions League 

Madueke is one for the future and has scored 11 goals for PSV Eindhoven previously and is an England U21 international already .

But sure , make your mind up about decent young players let down by the elite professionals surrounding them in a season where they've barely played because TB sporting department.

Stop trying to move the goal posts, you made statement about a player at Everton and how he has done this season, I countered with facts about the performance of Chelsea equivalent players the season, regardless of when they were signed 

Spending £30m on one for the future is a gamble, especially as he has already been released by two London club before closing the pond to PSV. Is he an upgrade on CHO, Lewis Hall, Tino Anjorin, Omari Hutchison to name a few at the club?

7 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Agreed. I presume they've rocked up, assuming they could just hitch their wagon to the Chelsea express then they find out, too late, that we're not that same club and that they are expected to be integral in dragging us kicking and screaming up the table. If they're not prepared to put the work in then we don't need them. The reality is that at the moment we're a mid tale club with a bunch of very highly paid unmotivated players. It will take a turnaround in the players' attitudes to get us anywhere near top 4 contention and I don't see it happening next year even with Pep in charge. We need to start building from the bottom up again and embed players with a solid work ethic in the team before we begin to think about hanging the sparkly ornaments on the tree.

The club always had a process for players for keeping the 1st squad compact and usually letting a new coach bring in one or two key players to support their philosophy. Unfortunately this season, the club buying ethos especially in January has totally destroyed any structure the club had. As you rightly say, It is going to take a miracle worker unconstrained to back this club out of the col de sac. As for the playing staff this goes back to the new coach and constrains, hopefully the new coach can pick and choose who he wants to keep, punt and bring in. Anything else is more problems on the horizon.

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

Imho, all we have at the moment is a hope that the new signings are going to make significant progress and become good enough to get us back to being top four and progress from there 

The big worry for me is this. We know the majority of the old squad is simply not good enough to ever get us back to title challenging again and they need to be moved on over the next few windows. Perhaps an even bigger worry are the new signings. Imho, so far, only W Forfana and Badiashile have shown signs of being able to grown into the quality we need and both of them have looked wobbly after a good start at the club. 

I watched highlights of the Brighton v Wolves game on YouTube the other day. Nevermind us tackling the likes of City, we are light-years away from the fast flowing, technical football of Brighton. That is how far we have fallen, and it's going to take  at least a  couple of years to sort out this absolute shambolic state we are in now, no matter who the manager is going to be!

Enzo is also on that list of success so far, he's been light years ahead of any of our other midfielders and will only get better once he's not bogged down by trying to fill a defensive role that shackles his ability to have more impact on the ball further upfield. I know you're indifferent on him, but he's absolute class I assure you.

Mudryk has shown glimpses, certainly enough to be curiously optimistic over also. 

Overall we know this isn't a quick fix situation, it will take some time as we sort of knew would be the case going down a more youthful path. I think the next few windows will define us more and I do hope we try to still bring in a couple of more established players here and there to add experience, leadership and proven quality that doesn't necessarily require development. Should we be able to blend the two together we'll be a better side for it.

22 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Stop trying to move the goal posts, you made statement about a player at Everton and how he has done this season, I countered with facts about the performance of Chelsea equivalent players the season, regardless of when they were signed 

Spending £30m on one for the future is a gamble, especially as he has already been released by two London club before closing the pond to PSV. Is he an upgrade on CHO, Lewis Hall, Tino Anjorin, Omari Hutchison to name a few at the club?

C'mon ROTG you should be happy today , Allardyce is back in management.

38 minutes ago, ROTG said:

By the way , you asked "how it compares to" and I told you how they compared .

Sorry I annoyed you by answering your question !

For what it's worth I do agree with getting some experienced heads in to help steer the ship I just think that not everything wrong with the club can be distilled down to buying rubbish players in January when they've barely been trusted to play .

The single biggest shaper of our destiny as a club was the meddling by HM government.

Our players so far this season have underperformed under Tuchel , Potter and Lampard 

Maybe the finger should be pointed , just a little bit in their direction?

We keep hearing how they're giving their all and are apparently hurting  but actions really do speak louder than words .

You blaming TBSD for everything just gets them off the hook.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

The single biggest shaper of our destiny as a club was the meddling by HM government.

Our players so far this season have underperformed under Tuchel , Potter and Lampard 

Maybe the finger should be pointed , just a little bit in their direction?

Without HMG's unwarranted attack on Chelsea Football Club as opposed to crippling Putin's lunacy by hammering RA thus ending the conflict,,(or did I miss something?) the situation at Chelsea would have followed a much simpler and hopefully better path.

No doubt a change and different approach would have been necessary somewhere along the line but at a "natural" pace not the chaos and uncertainty initially prompted by HMG.

Every thing today follows on from there....not helped by many factors but without the knee jerk public "feel good" hatchetjob things would have been,,different.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, chara said:

Without HMG's unwarranted attack on Chelsea Football Club  [SNIP]

How deluded/paranoid are you?

HMG didn't attack CFC. They imposed sanctions on a person they believed to be close to Putin, who just happened to own CFC. To use a military phrase, what happened to CFC was collateral damage. It wasn't HMG deliberately targeting CFC.

The last person I would willingly defend is the bin bag of custard and serial-liar that was our former Prime Minister, but I don't see his sanctioning of Abramovich as a deliberate attempt to destroy the club we support, no matter what you and a few others on here  think.

My only 'gripe' is that his, the current and many previous governments have been complicit in allowing the UK (and especially certain institutions in London) to enable money laundering on an industrial scale for so long.

4 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Overall we know this isn't a quick fix situation, it will take some time as we sort of knew would be the case

We've always known it. It didn't stop most  jumping up and down once European qualification became out of the question though. It's one thing saying it and quite enough for some to understand the concept.

Just now, Holymoly said:

We've always known it. It didn't stop most  jumping up and down once European qualification became out of the question though. It's one thing saying it and quite enough for some to understand the concept.

In fairness the drop off in quality has been genuinely shocking, some if not all the players need to stop whining about how difficult it all is and actually do something about it. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ham said:

If he's another young winger I'll lose my shit. 

Alex Matos ; Date of birth/Age: Oct 3, 2004 (18) ; Citizenship: England ; Position: Right Winger ; Former International: England U15 ; Appearances. 8.

😂😂😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Oh dear.

Right winger .

Lol.

3 minutes ago, chrisb said:

Alex Matos ; Date of birth/Age: Oct 3, 2004 (18) ; Citizenship: England ; Position: Right Winger ; Former International: England U15 ; Appearances. 8.

😂😂😂😂😂

Our entire team's heatmap season 2024-25

Kimpembeheatmap.jpg

• Haha 2

On 02/05/2023 at 13:02, xceleryx said:

Enzo is also on that list of success so far, he's been light years ahead of any of our other midfielders and will only get better once he's not bogged down by trying to fill a defensive role that shackles his ability to have more impact on the ball further upfield. I know you're indifferent on him, but he's absolute class I assure you.

After another complete non- performance last night,  I'm starting to move from being underwhelmed by him to thinking he's another terrible signing.  When the tempo of the opposition is high, not only does he move like a milk cart in amongst F1 cars, last night he hid away and did not compete. Absolutely shocking from a British record signing! 

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

After another complete non- performance last night,  I'm starting to move from being underwhelmed by him to thinking he's another terrible signing.  When the tempo of the opposition is high, not only does he move like a milk cart in amongst F1 cars, last night he hid away and did not compete. Absolutely shocking from a British record signing! 

Might be something to do with the lad be knackered. He's been flogged like a dead horse since the arrival

• Agree 1

Arsenal apparently after Marc Guehi. Doesn’t The notion of not keeping our best prospects and instead paying massive, massive money for players who aren’t any better (if at all), has been a problem for a few years now. 

I firmly believe that the best strategy for us over the last few years would have been to have a squad consisting of the likes of Guehi, Tomori and Abraham. Let one or two academy prospects make their way into the first team squad and then put the majority of our money on top quality players. Instead the strategy has been to pay a lot of money for average players. We aren’t going to consistently be challengers by paying stupid money for average players. 

I think, after seeing the train wreck of this season, that we have to be brave when rebuilding this club. I’d be happy to let us have a few years to get back to where we want to be, as long as we can add some fucking passion into the side again. 

GK1, Slonina, Bettinelli

James, Malo 

Chilwell, Maatsen 

Fofana, Badiashile, Chalobah, Colwill

Enzo, DM, Gallagher, Chukwuemeka, Santos, Hall

Mount, Nkunku, Mudryk, Madueke, Sterling

S, Havertz

italics, back from loan

bold, new player needed

Cucurella, Koulibaly, Felix, Aubameyang and Zakaria who were recently added to the squad needs to be let go. 

Will this squad challenge next season? No. Can it be a top six side. Yes perhaps. 

So, who would I like to see being signed? Perhaps Guimares or Rice as DM. S? Osimhen perhaps? GK? An experienced keeper who is done it before, is reliable and has a few good years left in him before Slonina is ready to take over. Think that’s a pretty good start in our rebuilding efforts, playing a 433;

GK

James   Fofana    Badiashile   Chilwell

Rice    Enzo 

Mount                 Nkunku             Mudryk

Osimhen

second

Slonina

Gusto   Chalobah   Colwill   Maatsen

Gallagher   Santos

Madueke     Chukwuemeka   Sterling

Havertz

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Arsenal apparently after Marc Guehi. Doesn’t The notion of not keeping our best prospects and instead paying massive, massive money for players who aren’t any better (if at all), has been a problem for a few years now. 

I firmly believe that the best strategy for us over the last few years would have been to have a squad consisting of the likes of Guehi, Tomori and Abraham. Let one or two academy prospects make their way into the first team squad and then put the majority of our money on top quality players. Instead the strategy has been to pay a lot of money for average players. We aren’t going to consistently be challengers by paying stupid money for average players. 

I think, after seeing the train wreck of this season, that we have to be brave when rebuilding this club. I’d be happy to let us have a few years to get back to where we want to be, as long as we can add some fucking passion into the side again. 

GK1, Slonina, Bettinelli

James, Malo 

Chilwell, Maatsen 

Fofana, Badiashile, Chalobah, Colwill

Enzo, DM, Gallagher, Chukwuemeka, Santos, Hall

Mount, Nkunku, Mudryk, Madueke, Sterling

S, Havertz

italics, back from loan

bold, new player needed

Cucurella, Koulibaly, Felix, Aubameyang and Zakaria who were recently added to the squad needs to be let go. 

Will this squad challenge next season? No. Can it be a top six side. Yes perhaps. 

So, who would I like to see being signed? Perhaps Guimares or Rice as DM. S? Osimhen perhaps? GK? An experienced keeper who is done it before, is reliable and has a few good years left in him before Slonina is ready to take over. Think that’s a pretty good start in our rebuilding efforts, playing a 433;

GK

James   Fofana    Badiashile   Chilwell

Rice    Enzo 

Mount                 Nkunku             Mudryk

Osimhen

second

Slonina

Gusto   Chalobah   Colwill   Maatsen

Gallagher   Santos

Madueke     Chukwuemeka   Sterling

Havertz

Lots of sensible decisions in here. I think all of the young CBs would benefit from another season with Silva around, even if he plays a lot less. I think Hall needs a loan. Awkward questions regarding Kante and Kova...

Its a VERY young squad. 

33 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Arsenal apparently after Marc Guehi.  [SNIP]

... and United looking at Tammy Abraham as a cheaper (and easier to complete deal) alternative to Harry Kane.

Regarding your 'rebuild', lots to agree with, but I think Rasmus Hojlund of Atalanta will not only be an easier deal to make than Osimhen, but possibly a better fit.  Hojlund is a mix of a young Kane and a Haaland.  I know You tube videos only show the best bits, but if you watch him, he has a strength and physicality similar to Haaland, and the willingness to drop deep that we see from Kane.  Should Pochettino  be the new man in charge, Hojlund is about the same age as when he developed Kane into the player he is.  I also feel that, much as I rate Osimhen, Hojlund looks better suited, in style of play, for the Premiership.

Much as I'd like Rice to join us, I think we may have now missed our opportunity given our current position and him being courted by other clubs who will be able to offer CL football next season. If that is the case, then Romeo Lavia of Southampton looks a good prospect. Still a bit raw, but loads of potential. 

5 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

What an absolute load of nonsense.

4 hours ago, Box of Tricks said:

With Enzo I feel like we've bought a spectacular 52" TV to be pride of place in our living room. Then we've realised we don't have a wall bracket, so we've had to prop it up against the fireplace and put a few shoes in place so it doesn't fall the other way.

Absolute shit show from a succession of managers and two boards. Time we got a proper DM who will sit and do the main share of the ugly defensive work, and ideally complement Enzo to truly reach his potential.

We haven't had one since Matic. Kante and Kovacic shouldn't even be in the conversation.

I'm afraid I have to go against the grain again.I don't see the potential Enzo has that others can.

What exactly is he good at?.A good midfielder should stand out from the crowd especially with his price tag and in a weak team(like ours).

Enzo looks no better than Jorginho imo.I'm looking forward to people pointing out to me why he has so much potential.