Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

20 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

just cannot let the insanity of playing Colwill , Chilwell and Enzo in positions that actively weaken us go, it's mental. 

That's the crux  mark. He  is making no sense.It doesn't take me long to make a judgement on a manager.

I have never been wrong.No big headiness just a stat!!.

On 22/09/2023 at 11:45, Morgs said:

I honestly think Poch is already at odds with the board. You saw it in the summer when asked in pressers about signing players, that he responded "i don't know, you guys would know better than me" and when asked about Ugochukwu signing "I don't know him, the club say he is a good player" (paraphasing)

The Gallagher and Chalobah things are obviously where he is disagreeing with the board of getting rid of them. 

He'll be gone by Easter. 

Note Poch saying "we have the squad we have, we just have to make the best of it" in his presser yesterday. Dead man walking - he'll be gone by Christmas. 

I don't WANT him gone but he will be. And the moment he goes we are as good as done. 

Relegation certainties I think. Us, Luton and Sheffield United. 

I cant be the only one who wasn't the least bit surprised to see Villa put ten men behind the ball and press us out of the game and then hit us on the break yesterday. 

Its like Groundhog Day. 

Been saying it all summer - doesn't matter how much you spend, if you don't have a decent keeper you are keeping your diamonds in a gilded bucket with a hole in it. 

But I was wrong about Jackson - I thought he was a good player but he's Championship level. Movement, mentality and finishing nowhere near even close to a Prem level predator. Miles off. Absolute bottle job. A likeable try-hard bottle job but a bottle job nonetheless. 

He might do okay in the Championship though. Which is good as that is where he and us are headed. 

Just now, Morgs said:

I cant be the only one who wasn't the least bit surprised to see Villa put ten men behind the ball and press us out of the game and then hit us on the break yesterday. 

Its like Groundhog Day. 

Been saying it all summer - doesn't matter how much you spend, if you don't have a decent keeper you are keeping your diamonds in a gilded bucket with a hole in it. 

But I was wrong about Jackson - I thought he was a good player but he's Championship level. Movement, mentality and finishing nowhere near even close to a Prem level predator. Miles off. Absolute bottle job. A likeable try-hard bottle job but a bottle job nonetheless. 

He might do okay in the Championship though. Which is good as that is where he and us are headed. 

And of course their goal came from a calamitous mistake from the slowest player in the side caught out on the halfway line as our possession did nothing but bamboozle ourselves again. 

Jackson would be much better if we weren't intent on playing him isolated as a target man who isn't a target and didn't have Enzo plodding around doing arsehole nothing behind him. 

• Agree 2

Talking of Groundhog Day - its weird after the summer we have had to be talking about "a huge clearout needed" but here we are.

Mudryk needs a loan, Jackson is nowhere near, get rid. Lavia a waste of money, likewise Caicedo who looks half the player Big Les Ugochukwu is at four times the price. Criminal.

Sanchez isnt a Premier League keeper, will end up going on loan. 

Hate to say it but this is 100% Enzo's last season at Chelsea and he'll be off in the summer, likewise someone will bid 100m for Colwill and he'll be gone as well. I'd be amazed if the club didn't cash in on James as well: enough is enough mate. 

Wesley Fofana likely wont play for us again. Club want to get rid of Maatsen and Chalobah who will both go in Jan, Cucurella is another criminal waste of money. Palmer will bang goals in for us in the Championship if he stays. Sterling I rate but don't see him sticking around for another relegation fight: Saudi Arabia or Jeddah-on--Tyne beckon for him. This is Silva's last season for us as well. 

Essentially we are talking about building a team around Chukwuemeka, Gallagher, Gusto, Chilwell, Ugochukwu, Badiashile and Palmer. Maybe Madueke if he sticks around. 

Sorry. 

I know that's pretty stark but that's how it is, folks. Grim. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

And of course their goal came from a calamitous mistake from the slowest player in the side caught out on the halfway line as our possession did nothing but bamboozle ourselves again. 

Jackson would be much better if we weren't intent on playing him isolated as a target man who isn't a target and didn't have Enzo plodding around doing arsehole nothing behind him. 

Couldn't agree more Mark old son. Its like a repeating nightmare we cant wake up from.

Just now, Morgs said:

Talking of Groundhog Day - its weird after the summer we have had to be talking about "a huge clearout needed" but here we are.

Mudryk needs a loan, Jackson is nowhere near, get rid. Lavia a waste of money, likewise Caicedo who looks half the player Big Les Ugochukwu is at four times the price. Criminal.

Hate to say it but this is 100% Enzo's last season at Chelsea and he'll be off in the summer, likewise someone will bid 100m for Colwill and he'll be gone as well. I'd be amazed if the club didn't cash in on James as well: enough is enough mate. 

Wesley Fofana likely wont play for us again. Club want to get rid of Maatsen and Chalobah who will both go in Jan, Cucurella is another criminal waste of money. Palmer will bang goals in for us in the Championship if he stays. Sterling I rate but don't see him sticking around for another relegation fight: Saudi Arabia or Jeddah-on--Tyne beckon for him. This is Silva's last season for us as well. 

Essentially we are talking about building a team around Chukwuemeka, Gallagher, Gusto, Chilwell, Ugochukwu, Badiashile and Palmer. Maybe Madueke if he sticks around. 

Sorry. 

Absolute bonkers. No other word for it.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

That last post. 

So - just curious mate - and I'm not being confrontational, just appreciate your feedback that's all. 

If I say:

Mudryk

Jackson

Lavia

Sanchez

Enzo

Colwill

Gallagher

Madueke

Kepa

James

Wes Fofana

Maatsen

Chalobah

Cucurella

Sterling

Silva

....how many of these will be in the squad this time next year if we get relegated? How many do you honestly see staying? 

Or perhaps more topically, how many do you see the club keeping around? 

Edited by Morgs

8 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Sorry. 

If you are interested in feedback, I will give feedback on why this post is just bonkers. None of this clever on my behalf, its just stating the obvious.

Mudryk - You say needs a loan off the back of probably his best game for the club.

Jackson - Written off after a handful of games in a new league when the club is asking a lot of him for his experience. 

Lavia - Written off despite not kicking a ball.

Caicedo - Written off after playing what 4 games is it ? By all account, he was pretty good yesterday

Sanchez - Improvement with every game so far. Who knows if he is long term No1, what he is though, as I said when we signed him. A better shot stopper than Kepa and good enough to be part of our squad, fighting for No1 / No2

Colwill - No problem with him so far, but what have you seen to suggest any club is going to pay £100 million for him ? He has not even started in his position yet.

Maatsen - We have offered him contract extensions, so where is the evidence to suggest we want rid? We may want rid cos he is not signing a contract, that's different.

Palmer - Not started a game yet, so no idea why we will score goals in Champ on some notion of us being relegated.

Fofana - Well who knows on this, he is young enough to get over these problems.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thiago97 said:

If you are interested in feedback, I will give feedback on why this post is just bonkers. None of this clever on my behalf, its just stating the obvious.

Mudryk - You say needs a loan off the back of probably his best game for the club.

Jackson - Written off after a handful of games in a new league when the club is asking a lot of him for his experience. 

Lavia - Written off despite not kicking a ball.

Caicedo - Written off after playing what 4 games is it ? By all account, he was pretty good yesterday

Sanchez - Improvement with every game so far. Who knows if he is long term No1, what he is though, as I said when we signed him. A better shot stopper than Kepa and good enough to be part of our squad, fighting for No1 / No2

Colwill - No problem with him so far, but what have you seen to suggest any club is going to pay £100 million for him ? He has not even started in his position yet.

Maatsen - We have offered him contract extensions, so where is the evidence to suggest we want rid? We may want rid cos he is not signing a contract, that's different.

Palmer - Not started a game yet, so no idea why we will score goals in Champ on some notion of us being relegated.

Fofana - Well who knows on this, he is young enough to get over these problems.

Not saying you're wrong mate.

I just think that there will be a monster clear out when we fail to qualify for Europe and that this will deepen considerably if/when we go down. 

Mudryk does need a loan and isn't at the level we need. Id love to be wrong about him as he would probably keep us in the division if I am, but I cant see it. Good player in there somewhere but that is a long way off on his current development pathway. 25 games for us almost and has contributed nothing. 

Jackson isnt the striker we thought we were getting and whilst I happen to agree with you re asking a lot of him, the fact is he isn't able to lead the line for us as a number nine. Just not good enough, doesnt have the mentality, movement or finishing required. Like Mudryk, may end up being a very good striker in a few years but is nowhere near right now. Bought far too early and thrown in the deep end in a sink or swim move. He hasnt swum. 

Lavia isn't going to get in the side ahead of Caicedo or Ugochukwu. Fitness issues abound. Where does he fit in? Not at Chelsea, I'd contend. 

Not writing Caicedo off as he's obviously a good player in what he does, but Ugochukwu has performed better than him this season. IF/when we go down, do you really see Caicedo and Enzo sticking around? No way, sorry. 

Sanchez, sorry cant see it. Horrific mistake to get beaten on his near post yesterday even if he did play well the rest of the game. A top keeper doesn't get beaten there. Got too many mistakes in him, sorry. Not denying his distribution is good and that he can play as a sweeper when we push up with the ball at his feet, but the actual goalkeeping side is more important and he isn't as good as Kepa was. I cant see the club persisting with him as number one long term. 

Colwill was subject to big money bids in the summer that the club turned down. Will they turn down big money for him in the summer if we go down and he says he wants out to play Premier League football? Nope. 

Maatsen I think is engineering his own move rather than the club trying to sell him. Not signing a new contract so cant expect him to stick around much longer. 

Palmer yeah ok, too soon. Give him a season and we'll see. 

Fofana - I am a huge fan of his and I'd love him to come back as I think he is a class act. I think it is fair to say that this is in some doubt now. 

3 hours ago, Ham said:

How weird is this from Napoli?

Not seen the video so can't comment on that, but Oshimen has deleted all references of Napoli from his instagram account - for whatever that's worth. 

Said it before but I think we'll target him this upcoming summer, as he'll be in the last year of his deal. Far more obtainable then he would've been this summer or prior. 

6 hours ago, Ham said:

How weird is this from Napoli?

I've seen the videos and they are absolutely bang out of order. It's not just one video (which could perhaps be blamed on the social media manager intending to post it on his personal account), but 2.

The coconut one is absolutely horrible to watch as well. Just cringe all round, and I'm sure someone has lost their job.

• Like 1

On 25/09/2023 at 10:10, Mark Kelly said:

Controversial  Mark.'Enzo is head and shoulders better than any player we have signed recently'.!.

A world cup winner he has to be special....I'm yet to see it.

He is not in the same league as Makelele  and Kante,and if someone(droy) tells me he has a completely different roll in the team I will squeam and squeam.