Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

4 hours ago, xceleryx said:

I believe I've heard Oshimen supported Chelsea growing up and Drogba was his idol, that may carry some weight.

Real Madrid don't sign African players, and they'll likely target Mbappe instead forming a fluid front three with Vini and Rodrygo. Barcelona have Lewa and likely cannot afford the sort of fee Oshimen would likely be sold for. We can rule Bayern and PSG both out, the former signing Kane and the latter Gonçalo Ramos and Kolo Muani this summer. No Serie A side can afford to take him on. Man Utd signed Hojlund, Liverpool have Nunez, Newcastle can't because of FFP, and it's unlikely Tottenham would have the spending means either. This really only leaves Arsenal and ourselves. With Arsenal already having Jesus and spending £100m on Rice, they'd certainly have to sell before buying based on what some of their supports have suggested. 

We've got the opening, the need, and the spending means, so it's not out of the realm of possibility. 

Hello

Got a funny feel Chelsea are  not doing so well with FFP. 

So who are the sacrificial academy players for the exit door, if the club could brooker a deal for Oshimen?

39 minutes ago, Morgs said:

So - moving on. 

Predictions for tonight? 

Quoted in the match thread:

We'll get more booked than they do.

They'll get more goals than we do

Additionally, there'll be a  far worse standard of casual numpties at the ground than is usual for cup games and a good few will be sat near me either booing, jeering every mis-placed pass or have been some footballing god/goddess telling the pro's how to play.  I'll end up with some 6ft 10" monster in the front row directly in front of me and he'll insist on standing up, plus he's also gonna be wearing a hat or have his hood up all game. The remaining people around me will be filming every corner/free-kick with their phones up in the air getting in my view.

Do I need to take a happy-pill? Damn right!!!!

Edited by east lower
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Holymoly said:

They have spent on young players they expect to increase in value not players that will impact the team today in a footballing capacity. Consider a parallel universe where all the signings have paid off and we are sitting at the top of the league with maximum points at Christmas. We would be sitting on a goldmine of young players on insanely long contrats whose values are incresing logarithmically. Those contracts aren't that length to protect them, they are 8-9 years so that we can charge a premium on their prices when we come to sell them. In that parallel universe we may instead find ourselves bemoaning the owners selling the brightest stars to Madrid in January as their values have doubled or tripled.

We are no longer a football club. We have become an investment speculation company and as such I am becoming more relaxed over our current form as it must be making the owners' collective arses twitch something rotten at the moment.

Completely disagree again Holy. 

The long term plan is to increase the value of the brand. That only happens through success. 

I don't share your pessimism about the motives of the owners. 

I think they would like nothing more than Chelsea dominating on the pitch, winning everything and playing in the best stadium in the country.

Then, perhaps, they'll sell us for £10bn or more. 

1 minute ago, east lower said:

Additionally, there'll be a  far worse standard of casual numpties at the ground than is usual for cup games and a good few will be sat near me. I'll end up with some 6ft 10" monster in the front row directly in front of me and he'll insist on standing up, plus he's also gonna be wearing a hat or have his hood up all game. The remaining people around me will be filming every corner/free-kick with their phones up in the air getting in my view.

My experience is that you tend to see a lot more old-school fans at the cup games. Lots of PL tickets end up in the hands of tourists somehow. 

19 minutes ago, ROTG said:

What about D Forfana?

We have created a deep pool of strikers and wingers that might eventually be good enough, including most of the ones that are currently in the first team squad.

Looking ahead to the next two windows, striker is the one area where further investment would be reasonable. In almost all other areas we should have sufficient cover with everyone we either have in the squad or on loan. We should also expect more sales to balance the books, unfortunately including more than just Lewis Hall.

13 minutes ago, Ham said:

Completely disagree again Holy. 

The long term plan is to increase the value of the brand. That only happens through success. 

I don't share your pessimism about the motives of the owners. 

I think they would like nothing more than Chelsea dominating on the pitch, winning everything and playing in the best stadium in the country.

Then, perhaps, they'll sell us for £10bn or more. 

I've oft been accused of being cynical. I just hope I'm not proven correct.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, east lower said:

Additionally, there'll be a  far worse standard of casual numpties at the ground than is usual for cup games and a good few will be sat near me either booing, jeering every mis-placed pass or have been some footballing god/goddess telling the pro's how to play.  I'll end up with some 6ft 10" monster in the front row directly in front of me and he'll insist on standing up, plus he's also gonna be wearing a hat or have his hood up all game. The remaining people around me will be filming every corner/free-kick with their phones up in the air getting in my view.

😊 It can go the other way in fairness.

I picked up a ticket for league cup tie against Southampton (cannot remember if last season or one before tbh). I was seated in around ST holders, the geezer two rows back was an absolute disgrace.

Screaming and balling obscenities at our players throughout. Marcos Alonso hit one over the bar at one point, to which these geezer thought it appropriate to shout out ' Get that fckin murdering scum out of this club'

That was the general vibe from him all evening, and he is a Chelsea ST holder .  He made it a thoroughly enjoyable evening !

35 minutes ago, Ham said:

My experience is that you tend to see a lot more old-school fans at the cup games. Lots of PL tickets end up in the hands of tourists somehow. 

Yes, noticeably more obvious football tourists at the PL games so far this season. 

Might be down to holiday season, but probably down to STH's non-attendance. 

Cup games in the MHL though can be a blooming nightmare, little or no old school and full of I wanna be's I.e. on telly, the loudest/wisest man in the room merchant's. As for asking people to lower phones, you might as well be speaking Swahili. 

I'm no shrinking violet and if something needs to be said I will do, passively etc. But it does get to be a pain dealing with some of the 'cup game characters'. Apart from the moaning Minnie's behind me, the other STH's around me are sound characters. 

Edited by east lower

18 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

😊 It can go the other way in fairness.

I picked up a ticket for league cup tie against Southampton (cannot remember if last season or one before tbh). I was seated in around ST holders, the geezer two rows back was an absolute disgrace.

Screaming and balling obscenities at our players throughout. Marcos Alonso hit one over the bar at one point, to which these geezer thought it appropriate to shout out ' Get that fckin murdering scum out of this club'

That was the general vibe from him all evening, and he is a Chelsea ST holder .  He made it a thoroughly enjoyable evening !

Yep, there's one of that sort in most places. One a row back and 7 or 8 seats laterally. Well presented, just obnoxious and thinks he's hilarious but isn't.  Gate 11 of the MHL, could be your fella!

I'm just waiting for the right sort of comment and the seat number will be getting sent through to the reporting portal. 

15 minutes ago, east lower said:

Yep, there's one of that sort in most places. One a row back and 7 or 8 seats laterally. Well presented, just obnoxious and thinks he's hilarious but isn't.  Gate 11 of the MHL, could be your fella!

I'm just waiting for the right sort of comment and the seat number will be getting sent through to the reporting portal. 

Could be....it was MHL and pretty good situated seat about 8-15 rows back, more towards left hand side of the goal towards East Stand side.

Horrible piece of work!

1 hour ago, east lower said:

Is it Andy Jacobs 😀

There was some stories yesterday that Roma would be willing to swap Luakku for Tammy. Not saying they are true, but wondered what people's thoughts on that would be? I know quite a few on here are/were dismayed that they traded places in the first place. Let's assume that Tammy comes back fully recovered from his injury before any transfer for arguments sake.

2 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

There was some stories yesterday that Roma would be willing to swap Luakku for Tammy. Not saying they are true, but wondered what people's thoughts on that would be? I know quite a few on here are/were dismayed that they traded places in the first place. Let's assume that Tammy comes back fully recovered from his injury before any transfer for arguments sake.

Tammy and enough money to cover all outstanding costs of Lukaku could be a good deal, depending on what Tammy is looking for and the injury position.

3 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

barely a twist on the oft repeated story of Dybala for Lukaku.
10 days ago Dybala was the absolute star in the game I was at.

On 28/09/2023 at 01:36, Lump Of Celery said:

I like Tammy, but no thanks. He already divides enough opinions at Roma. 

He's not really the answer to any of our problems, even if it meant getting rid of Lukaku in the process taking on a player that doesn't move the needle a lot isn't beneficial either. 

Still to be proven, but if this is what we choose to do moving forward it'll align with exactly what I was conveying during the transfer window. 

We'll sign a host of young talent to rebuild our foundations with, then add more established complimentary pieces as we go along. We're still going to invest heavily in youth moving forward, which is logical given it's a cheaper entry point and if we manage to get a couple who can fill first team roles even better, otherwise it'll be used as a vehicle to keep generating funds that can help offset the cost of other signings. 

I still think Oshimen will be tough to snag before next summer, just because ADL is a prick and he has to stroke his own ego. If there is a chance though then we should certainly be exploring it, I'd much rather him than Toney.

• Agree 1

On 27/09/2023 at 15:20, east lower said:

Yeah we all have stories like that but why report anyone? Sounds like an over reaction. I would rather report those that just sit there like stuffed dummies who don't even clap. It is the 000s of these fans that make the Bridge like a morgue most league games and completely out sung by away fans at Cup games. It's been like that in the east forever and west since built but has now crept into the MH upper and lower. Sanitised football is making matchdays awful. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Blue Orca said:

Yeah we all have stories like that but why report anyone? Sounds like an over reaction. I would rather report those that just sit there like stuffed dummies who don't even clap. It is the 000s of these fans that make the Bridge like a morgue most league games and completely out sung by away fans at Cup games. It's been like that in the east forever and west since built but has now crept into the MH upper and lower. Sanitised football is making matchdays awful. 

Because he’s an obnoxious, offensive, boorish ****. With a good touch of racism about him too. That’s enough for me.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1