Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

Kendry Paez, the 16 year old Ecuadorian we're going to be signing once he turns 18, scored a classy goal for the senior side (assisted by Caicedo) against Bolivia. In doing so he's also become the youngest ever South American goalscorer in qualififiers apparently. 

This kid genuinely looks a real upper echelon talent. 

Edited by xceleryx

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

Kendry Paez, the 16 year old Ecuadorian we're going to be signing once he turns 18, scored a classy goal for the senior side (assisted by Caicedo) against Bolivia. In doing so he's also become the youngest ever South American goalscorer in qualififiers apparently. 

Another South American child who’ll never play for Chelsea. 

Edited by Chelsea_Matt

6 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Yup, I dont care what country you play for, if you are making the team at 16, there is something about you.

5 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Another South American child who’ll never play for Chelsea. 

Who are the others, out of curiosity?

5 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

That's the spirit!

I really don't understand this mindset tbh. Most people follow a team (whatever sport) as a means of joy; an escape from the struggles of regular life. Not for some. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Yup, I dont care what country you play for, if you are making the team at 16, there is something about you.

Who are the others, out of curiosity?

I really don't understand this mindset tbh. Most people follow a team (whatever sport) as a means of joy; an escape from the struggles of regular life. Not for some. 

We have other priorities, don’t you think? That’s all I’m saying. 

9 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Tim Vickary a South American football  'expert' who actually does seem to know his stuff has called this young man a 'generational talent' .

Let's hope so, and let's get him to our club as soon as possible -  No foreign loans where he gets a view of the Real Madrid's or Barca's of the footballing world and get's his head turned before we get a chance to see how good he could be.

4 hours ago, east lower said:

Tim Vickary a South American football  'expert' who actually does seem to know his stuff has called this young man a 'generational talent' .

Let's hope so, and let's get him to our club as soon as possible -  No foreign loans where he gets a view of the Real Madrid's or Barca's of the footballing world and get's his head turned before we get a chance to see how good he could be.

No skin in this debate which I am following with interest but "a generational talent" ?....seem to remember that being attached to Havertz..or am I misremembering?...perhaps potential should be included.."a potential generational talent" seems a bit more realistic.

29 minutes ago, chara said:

No skin in this debate which I am following with interest but "a generational talent" ?....seem to remember that being attached to Havertz..or am I misremembering?...perhaps potential should be included.."a potential generational talent" seems a bit more realistic.

I stand in the Dock your honour to plead my case in matter of accidental sensationalism  - I plead guilty with the mitigation that I do recall that the writer did say Bolivian commentators are calling him a generational talent. The evidence thus far may indicate that he might be a but special.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Ham said:

BRigHtON's tHiRd kEepEr leading all premier league stats and winning save of the month?

Who knew that the TBSD knew what they were doing?

Answer: Me for one.  

Are those stats against all the other 3rd choice PL keepers, as he certainly doesn't top any of the PL stats for GK published by the  official premier league website,

Mind you who cares about stat as i have constantly been reminded about on this forum

Keep it up

8 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

It’s what I meant. But to clarify for you: I don’t think buying South American children who’ll never play for us should be the priority. No matter if it’s yet another “generational” talent. 

Might a well sign another 4 players to make 50 professionals footballer on the books at Chelsea, currently 46 according to sportac

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Can't see how Saul and Felix aren't getting more games to be honest , other than the fact they actually don't play for Chelsea.

oops 6 spaces for the magical bullseye 

tell yer - trying to cancel something with sky is mind blowing, long and anal - over an hour so far and still going around in circles. the latest there are 35 callers in front of me trying to cancel sky applications 

Edited by ROTG

15 minutes ago, ROTG said:

oops 6 spaces for the magical bullseye 

tell yer - trying to cancel something with sky is mind blowing, long and anal - over an hour so far and still going around in circles. the latest there are 35 callers in front of me trying to cancel sky applications 

Surprised you can get Sky where you are 🐑

• Haha 2