Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

8 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

The Guardian link earlier in the thread details some of the payments.  From memory they were undeclared payments involving people representing players we signed, like Willian and Christensen. Don't know the size and number of the payments or whether they were of a magnitude that would have put us in breach of FFP. 

Thanks mate..still a media report ...the usual pitchforks and burning torches accusations....not denying any possibilities but I do so hate the media hypocrisy,

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

The Guardian have now decided that the contracts that Abramovich and Pini Zahavi were issuing were "modern slavery". 

Given that both are high profile Jews I think we can see what has rung the Guardians bell. 

Unlike the long ago West Ham involvement with Tevez and his mate?

3 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

They can’t help themselves, same as the BBC. Like the majority of the boneheaded protesters they have a weird fetish for hating people like me and believing (then publishing) everything Hamas says. 

ANYWAY - sorry mods - I won’t mention it again. 

It's ok Matt.... For me it's not so much politics as pointing out the ever present Guardian agendas including Football and the obvious anti Chelsea bias presented over a long period.

I truly believe no EPL club (and down the pyramid) can come out unscathed should a real in depth investigation be held into their "business" dealings.,,,Glass houses comes to mind and first stones!! 

It's the hypocrisy and slanting of any events that really gets to me...Plucky Spurs v useless Chelsea for example,,,had it been, say Brentford. it would have been a different slant.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, chara said:

It's ok Matt.... For me it's not so much politics as pointing out the ever present Guardian agendas including Football and the obvious anti Chelsea bias presented over a long period.

I truly believe no EPL club (and down the pyramid) can come out unscathed should a real in depth investigation be held into their "business" dealings.,,,Glass houses comes to mind and first stones!! 

It's the hypocrisy and slanting of any events that really gets to me...Plucky Spurs v useless Chelsea for example,,,had it been, say Brentford. it would have been a different slant.

Agreed. See…the way I view things is in the media especially is that you can believe what you want and put out what you want. But be honest - don’t pretend to be objective. If you’re left, right or whatever just say so. There’s nothing wrong with that. 💙 

2 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Agreed. See…the way I view things is in the media especially is that you can believe what you want and put out what you want. But be honest - don’t pretend to be objective. If you’re left, right or whatever just say so. There’s nothing wrong with that. 💙 

Yep S & G,,,"A man hears ( reads!) what he wants to hear (read) and disregards the rest!" (To my regret and damage many times in the real World!)

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

There is a lot to be said for pre-1990s politics where we all knew where everyone stood and we knew why people said what they did.
Now everyone pretends to be centrist and reasonable and anyone who disagrees is the extremist.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

There is a lot to be said for pre-1990s politics where we all knew where everyone stood and we knew why people said what they did.
Now everyone pretends to be centrist and reasonable and anyone who disagrees is the extremist.

Could be said about Football as well as the media,

• Agree 1

Agreed. After 30 years in the Shed, and decades of fun working in Europe, I had a moment of irritation and calmly explained to my neighbour why it was that I felt B***** - as realised - was not to our advantage. Result was our previously warm relationship is no more. In the past we’d have talked it out - continuing in the pub over a few weeks - and agreed the other was a moron (in public) but maybe had a point (privately). People are far too quick to jump on a platform these days. Shame: I liked the bloke, and quite saw his point of view. Even had some sympathy with it.

Ah...@Blue Moon..that's  the difference now,,,on here, regardless of the debate, even when I may disagree with a point of view I can usually see the point and, as you say, in part agree with it and most seem to see the same..elsewhere?

Sunday morning dressing room banter across the previous days results was always give and take amongst a close knit side with no nastiness or anger..just good old gloating and knowing that next week it would as likely be your turn to dig and smile,,now it seems the tribal thing has become exactly that..tribal and shirt colour blind.

I get asked politely how Chelsea are doing by folks I know who are aware of my loyalties but really is only politeness with no real understanding of things..as for "other" subjects I avoid all discussions due to the pit falls of such debates and the less than polite manner in which any issue is addressed.

Just an OG's take...

7 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

Agreed. After 30 years in the Shed, and decades of fun working in Europe, I had a moment of irritation and calmly explained to my neighbour why it was that I felt B***** - as realised - was not to our advantage. Result was our previously warm relationship is no more. In the past we’d have talked it out - continuing in the pub over a few weeks - and agreed the other was a moron (in public) but maybe had a point (privately). People are far too quick to jump on a platform these days. Shame: I liked the bloke, and quite saw his point of view. Even had some sympathy with it.

I think since then we have had a few factors that have really destroyed civility and polite but vigorous debate: 

- emergence of extreme politicians (globally) on both sides espesh compared to pre-2016

- explosion of social media use (espesh the increasingly dangerous TikTok) where people have no boundaries due to no social contact 

- the pandy, Ukraine, Israel etc etc - and a generally upside down world that exacerbates the above 

- the lethal mind poison of wokeness that has destroyed the police/justice system and infected all aspects of society. 

All we can hope is that Chels win our next game! 🤣💙

Edited by Chelsea_Matt
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Matt Law said something similar on London is Blue. He doesn't see why they would go for another "project" as a striker. So it would have to be an elite-level one, but there are very few around at a reasonable price. He thought they would see where they were in the summer.  He thought they might sell a couple in January through. He thought Chalobah would go and maybe one other, though he didn't think it would be Conor because MP has been promoting him. He also said that he had been a bit disappointed in Enzo. He thinks he is the player with the most potential, he has not got the goals and assists in an advanced position and is not that great playing very deep. I wonder if he is carrying an injury. 

53 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Matt Law said something similar on London is Blue. He doesn't see why they would go for another "project" as a striker. So it would have to be an elite-level one, but there are very few around at a reasonable price. He thought they would see where they were in the summer.  He thought they might sell a couple in January through. He thought Chalobah would go and maybe one other, though he didn't think it would be Conor because MP has been promoting him. He also said that he had been a bit disappointed in Enzo. He thinks he is the player with the most potential, he has not got the goals and assists in an advanced position and is not that great playing very deep. I wonder if he is carrying an injury. 

I was thinking, and not sure if this has been mentioned, that we should be looking to sell Broja if clubs are still seriously willing to pay upwards of 50 million for him. I don't think he's ever going to be good enough, but if he is we can slap a buy back clause on him. 

If we could get 80 or 90 million for Broja and Chalobah, Osimhen deal suddenly looks more doable.

Enzo is burned out but still shows quality in moments. I have faith in him and Caicedo - Lavia could also unlock them.

Edited by Max Fowler

2 hours ago, Sciatika said:

He also said that he had been a bit disappointed in Enzo. He thinks he is the player with the most potential, he has not got the goals and assists in an advanced position and is not that great playing very deep. I wonder if he is carrying an injury. 

Winnng the WC then almost 12 months with this team (as de facto captain and cheer leader), is there any surprise his enthusiasm is wearing off.
Compare Jorginho who seems to be loving it at Arsenal right now.

1 hour ago, chrisb said:

Sarr may be leaving in January. Could be true but also just media talk due to neither of them featuring in games. 

Sarr?  Another loand I guess.  Chalobah will have his pick of teams to move to.

2 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

I was thinking, and not sure if this has been mentioned, that we should be looking to sell Broja if clubs are still seriously willing to pay upwards of 50 million for him. I don't think he's ever going to be good enough, but if he is we can slap a buy back clause on him.

Not quite realistic maths here. 

Our main striker is what is written on the label £30m No 2 at a top team.  Being as Broja is lower in the pecking order, £15-£20m to a championship side or lower PL club is realistic. Agree with the buy back clause especially if he's were sold to Brighton. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Or overrated 

I've been ridiculed on here for my opinion about Enzo, but now even a respected journo is seeing what I've been seeing.

The excuses last season were that he needed time to settle. He's now playing worse than when he arrived. Meanwhile, Palmer cones in and takes to the team like a duck to water from game one.

Then it was down to him needing a defensive midfielder behind him. Got that but it's not made any difference.

He needs to be played higher up the pitch. Tried that and he's been utterly woeful and even less effective in the final third than Jorginho and Kova.

Now we're getting it's because he's burnt out or might be carrying an injury.

Problem is, being a below average athlete this league is too quick for him. Then it his very limited skill set which is basically just being near and tidy on the ball around the middle of the pitch. That is all he offers and it's simply nowhere near enough!

I'd sell him this summer for whatever we can get for him.

Edited by boratsbrother

1 minute ago, boratsbrother said:

I've been ridiculed on here for my opinion about Enzo, but now even a respected journo is seeing what I've been seeing.

The excuses last season were that he needed time to settle. He's now playing worse than when he arrived. Meanwhile, Palmer cones in and takes to the team like a duck to water from game one.

Then it was down to him needing a defensive midfielder behind him. Got that but it's not made any difference.

He needs to be played higher up the pitch. Tried that and he's been utterly woeful and even less effective in the final third than Jorginho and Kova.

Problem is, being a below average athlete this league is too quick for him. Then it his very limited skill set which is basically just being near and tidy on the ball around the middle of the pitch. That is all he offers and it's simply nowhere near enough!

Nice try. Opportunism at it's best.

He's been excellent for us from day one and has very recently looked tired thanks to his willingness to play every single game for club and country.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

"excuses last season"????
Enzo was phenomenal last season.  Stand out top player from both sides in pretty much every game.
I see @Ham got ther before me

Edit:  I really worried for Jorginho at Arsenal given how Enzo was a clear upgrade to him, and Jorginho had been a personal favourite.  Maybe I had overrated Jorginho.  But it seems Jorginho is doing fine at Arsenal.

Edited by Dwmh

3 hours ago, chrisb said:

Rumours today that Chalobah and Sarr may be leaving in January. Could be true but also just media talk due to neither of them featuring in games. 

Sarr makes more of a difference to the wages (which are very high given he arrived on a free).

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

Now we're getting it's because he's burnt out or might be carrying an injury.

I don’t know bro…I think Enzo is terrific. And he’s only really just been given a more defensive partner in Moises.

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

Sarr makes more of a difference to the wages (which are very high given he arrived on a free).

I'm puzzled how a player with 32 appearances in his first season as a 17 yo in Ligue 1 in France with Nice, and 119 appearances by the age of 21 could be so damned average when he came to us.
Gonna be hard to shift.

Chalobah will be really easy to sell.  And when he goes he will join Tomori and Guehi on the edge of the England team.