Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

7 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I think since then we have had a few factors that have really destroyed civility and polite but vigorous debate: 

- emergence of extreme politicians (globally) on both sides espesh compared to pre-2016

- explosion of social media use (espesh the increasingly dangerous TikTok) where people have no boundaries due to no social contact 

- the pandy, Ukraine, Israel etc etc - and a generally upside down world that exacerbates the above 

- the lethal mind poison of wokeness that has destroyed the police/justice system and infected all aspects of society. 

All we can hope is that Chels win our next game! 🤣💙

It seems like no thread is safe from the culture wars at the moment. Roll on end of the international break.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I’m not part of that crap. It was just a discussion. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

You said "the lethal mind poison of wokeness that has destroyed the police/justice system and infected all aspects of society". This is jumping into the culture wars with two feet.

• Agree 3

17 hours ago, Dwmh said:

Edit:  I really worried for Jorginho at Arsenal given how Enzo was a clear upgrade to him

a 100m upgrade????

Apart from being a part of Messi's world cup team, I am not sure Enzo  will win the same amount or more honors than Jorginho whilst playing in the PL

18 hours ago, Ham said:

Nice try. Opportunism at it's best.

He's been excellent for us from day one and has very recently looked tired thanks to his willingness to play every single game for club and country.

Which particular match in the 7 wins and 2 assists in his 29 match PL career he's been head and shoulders above everyone else or been a game changer?

100m you would hope for something special once in a while.

Maybe he really is an Todd & Eggy's ego buy form the WC

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

a 100m upgrade????

Apart from being a part of Messi's world cup team, I am not sure Enzo  will win the same amount or more honors than Jorginho whilst playing in the PL

Wasn't aware team based success equated to whether an individual player is better than another. 

By your logic Djimi Traore or Pascal Cygan were better than say players like Di Natale or Le Tissier.

11 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Wasn't aware team based success equated to whether an individual player is better than another. 

By your logic Djimi Traore or Pascal Cygan were better than say players like Di Natale or Le Tissier.

Dare i say top teams have a game changers in there ranks e.g. KDB, Salah, Saka, Mbappe, Vinicius Jnr to name a few.

BTW - Mentioning the likes of Le Tissier are you suggesting if Enzo's trajectory goes on an upward trend,  he could be content being big fish in a small pond?

12 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

You said "the lethal mind poison of wokeness that has destroyed the police/justice system and infected all aspects of society". This is jumping into the culture wars with two feet.

Any fair-minded person would agree imo but aside from that, expressing an opinion on a footy forum isn’t jumping into anything.

• Like 2
  • Disagree 1

23 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

It seems like no thread is safe from the culture wars at the moment. Roll on end of the international break.

It is increasingly tedious, and because we are a relatively small forum (which I actually think is generally a nice thing), it is the same few users every single time. People whose football contributions I often disagree with but am always happy to read and engage with. I'd be no great loss here but it does make it feel less and less worthwhile coming to the forum.

Give me arguing about where Conte told Matic to stand over "it's just common sense that there is a cultural Marxist plot to takeover the world" any day. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

It is increasingly tedious, and because we are a relatively small forum (which I actually think is generally a nice thing), it is the same few users every single time. People whose football contributions I often disagree with but am always happy to read and engage with. I'd be no great loss here but it does make it feel less and less worthwhile coming to the forum.

Give me arguing about where Conte told Matic to stand over "it's just common sense that there is a cultural Marxist plot to takeover the world" any day. 

There 100% *IS* is neo-Marxist, globalist plot to takeover the world btw. 

Anyway, back to football.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Well you would actually, not that you care what I think.

We do our best to nip these things in the bud as soon as they happen.

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Well you would actually, not that you care what I think.

We do our best to nip these things in the bud as soon as they happen.

Ah Jane...most of us do care what you think...and I AGREE TVF would be missed as indeed would anyone here....all Chelsea voices and all opinions worth consideration...the wandering off into non Chelsea/football areas comes in part..I feel..from the close comfort and ease most feel coming on here.😇

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, chara said:

Ah Jane...most of us do care what you think...and I AGREE TVF would be missed as indeed would anyone here....all Chelsea voices and all opinions worth consideration...the wandering off into non Chelsea/football areas comes in part..I feel..from the close comfort and ease most feel coming on here.😇

Thank you Chara.

I think it’s partly because we’re in the dreaded international break and our minds wander.

Personally I don’t mind that, it quite often gives me a giggle, as long as we return to the relevant topic eventually, which we always do.

What we can’t allow is drifting into more serious stuff, ie politics, but everyone knows that, or they should by now 🙄

33 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Thank you Chara.

I think it’s partly because we’re in the dreaded international break and our minds wander.

Personally I don’t mind that, it quite often gives me a giggle, as long as we return to the relevant topic eventually, which we always do.

What we can’t allow is drifting into more serious stuff, ie politics, but everyone knows that, or they should by now 🙄

I meant  to add that point !!!,,,,, as I said elsewhere,,,"Will no one rid me of these turbulent fixtures"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Brentford are running the old "Arsenal are interested" scam. 

I think we could get Arsenal to pay over the odds in their shot at the title.

If we end up getting excited and paying 100+ million for Toney, we will live to regret it.

If we can make Arsenal do the same the Arteta project will continue to unravel.

• Agree 1

Every time I hear about us being interested in a big money signing it gets me thinking "if true, maybe the club aren't actually worried about the possibility of us being relegated from the PL".  

Could be just short sighted sports journalists forgetting that we're on the cusp of Armageddon of course. 

If we do actually spend big in the next 12 months that would give me some comfort in a strange way. 

Edited by Ham
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

Every time I hear about us being interested in a big money signing it gets me thinking "if true, maybe the club aren't actually worried about the possibility of us being relegated from the PL".  

Could be just short sighted sports journalists forgetting that we're on the cusp of Armageddon of course. 

If we do actually spend big in the next 12 months that would give me some comfort in a strange way. 

Could it also mean that we are trying to sign players before we get a transfer embargo and or become so unattractive because of our league position after a 20 point deduction?

Personally I think the board is just identifying the positions that need strengthening now, then we take what punishment we get.

Edited by Max Fowler