Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

3 minutes ago, Bison said:

I know what you mean but a coach with 18 months left on his deal and, as it stands with no chance of an extention arriving any time soon, having final say on transfers is exactly the omnishambles I've now come to associate with Boehly and Clearlake.

Importantly, other sources have shared that Poch will now get final say on transfers. My understanding is that the owners wanted to build a core of young players over the last couple of windows and now want to add a few additions to suit Poch on top.

6 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Importantly, other sources have shared that Poch will now get final say on transfers. My understanding is that the owners wanted to build a core of young players over the last couple of windows and now want to add a few additions to suit Poch on top.

Let's hope he's better at it than he is at coaching. 

10 minutes ago, Bison said:

I know what you mean but a coach with 18 months left on his deal and, as it stands with no chance of an extention arriving any time soon, having final say on transfers is exactly the omnishambles I've now come to associate with Boehly and Clearlake.

6 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I trust Bison's guess work (which he is quite happy to admit is guess work) far far more than a hack or a PR person's guess work of what the Creamcakes are thinking presented as fact.  (Didn't we have enough or RA insiders spilling inside story after inside story to media hacks as if anyone would really tell?  Twice.)

And you are missing the important point.  The message is entirely dependent on the PR issue they want to address and entirely independent of the facts.  There is no Bayesian logical path that takes you from what gets reported to what is true.

1 minute ago, Dwmh said:

I trust Bison's guess work (which he is quite happy to admit is guess work) far far more than a hack or a PR person's guess work of what the Creamcakes are thinking presented as fact.  (Didn't we have enough or RA insiders spilling inside story after inside story to media hacks as if anyone would really tell?  Twice.)

And you are missing the important point.  The message is entirely dependent on the PR issue they want to address and entirely independent of the facts.  There is no Bayesian logical path that takes you from what gets reported to what is true.

But some reports are not coming from Creamcakes PR - they are coming from leaks and sources not sanctioned by the board. All I am saying is don't paint all journalists and sources with one broad brush - clearly some are better and more reliable than others.

14 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

But some reports are not coming from Creamcakes PR - they are coming from leaks and sources not sanctioned by the board. All I am saying is don't paint all journalists and sources with one broad brush - clearly some are better and more reliable than others.

You are lost mate.  All non-named sources have an agenda and most are Agents.  You are living in a Meta world created by the media for you.
How do you judge the big world events?  Who to vote for? China runs the world or USA?  Who is winning in Ukraine?

20 hours ago, Ham said:

So by scoring a goal, his first goal from open play, in late November, he proved that he is good enough for this league?

So Nico Jackson must be amongst the greatest PL players of his generation then. 

Lot of difference 

Havertz scores key goals that influence the a game e.g CL final come to mind, whereas Jackson to date has only been the bridesmaid with the likes of sterling getting the key goals in matches this season. Not sure 3 against 9 man spud is the best yard stick to measure Jackson by.

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

Lot of difference 

Havertz scores key goals that influence the a game e.g CL final come to mind, whereas Jackson to date has only been the bridesmaid with the likes of sterling getting the key goals in matches this season. Not sure 3 against 9 man spud is the best yard stick to measure Jackson by.

The shortcomings of Jackson have no relation to the general nothingness of Havertz whatsoever.

Havertz is like a wraith , he's an ethereal nothing , more smoke than substance , he had ample opportunities under numerous managers to build on his key goal in the Champions League final and played like he was asleep .

• Agree 4

12 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The shortcomings of Jackson have no relation to the general nothingness of Havertz whatsoever.

Havertz is like a wraith , he's an ethereal nothing , more smoke than substance , he had ample opportunities under numerous managers to build on his key goal in the Champions League final and played like he was asleep .

Well he does look like he was dug up. Another massively overhyped “generational talent” who looked good in Germany, like so many other flops. 💀😬🙈

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I am amazed by links to a big money signing in January. It seems very clear that we do not have the money for it within PL P&S rules, especially when Opta has our chances of qualifying for the CL as less than 1% (bookies are keeping themselves safe with far less drastic odds of 5/1). 

These stories are complete fancy. What we should be preparing ourselves for is big outgoings come July 2024.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

For a nothingness man £130m has been past around for his services an he is only 24. Do you think Jackson will be passed around for the same amount by the time he is 24 and have CL, Supercup, CWC winners medals?

46 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

. What we should be preparing ourselves for is big outgoings come July 2024.

Unfortunately it will probably be players who are 100% profit. Interesting to see what happen once that pool has dried up and the club are potentially stuck with several duds on 8 year contracts at 100k per week. 

54 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I am amazed by links to a big money signing in January. It seems very clear that we do not have the money for it within PL P&S rules, especially when Opta has our chances of qualifying for the CL as less than 1% (bookies are keeping themselves safe with far less drastic odds of 5/1). 

These stories are complete fancy. What we should be preparing ourselves for is big outgoings come July 2024.

Any information that elaborates on this being the case, or is it more of an assumption on your behalf? 

Genuinely curious FWIW. 

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Who did you mean preparing "ourselves".  I think TB and co might be the big outgoings.
In the meantime clearly no major decisions should be made - until we have a team that is competent to make decisions.

2 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Any information that elaborates on this being the case, or is it more of an assumption on your behalf? 

Genuinely curious FWIW. 

My assumption. Based on what is out there on our revenue and what we've reportedly spent (so nothing I'd base anything more robust than a post here on!) but I'd nonetheless feel confident that another huge buy when we're clearly not getting CL money next season feels at best dangerous.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ROTG said:

Unfortunately it will probably be players who are 100% profit. Interesting to see what happen once that pool has dried up and the club are potentially stuck with several duds on 8 year contracts at 100k per week. 

It’s the risk you take to amortise I guess, hoping they’ll come good and earn revenue from winning and / or sell-on value. At the moment it’s not looking good at all - and it could all have been avoided, which is ten times as worse.

Telegraph today reporting we are looking at 2-3 new signings funded by outgoings. (full article: https://archive.ph/jBAYA)

Loose rumours that Madueke might be in those possibly sold. Would absolutely be willing to get rid.

Yes we have got rid of the deadwood - but we shouldn't be afraid to quickly sell more players who haven't worked over coming windows in order to generate revenue for new additions. Call them deadwood 2.0.

Madueke and Mudryk are top of my list - Enzo, Gallagher and Jackson possibly further down the line.

Likes of Palmer have hit the ground running. If it's not working for others, time to cash in.

Edited by Max Fowler

Madueke will probably go as Poch hates him from way back , Broja is on Fulham's radar apparently and would be "all profit" and given the dire situation we are likely to find ourselves in I'd imagine they'd be thinking about moving on Reece James again for the "profit" side and also the "rarely fit" side . "Clown maths" is all "they"  apparently care about. 

Edited by Mark Kelly

8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Madueke will probably go as Poch hates him from way back , Broja is on Fulham's radar apparently and would be "all profit" and given the dire situation we are likely to find ourselves in I'd imagine they'd be thinking about moving on Reece James again for the "profit" side and also the "rarely fit" side . "Clown maths" is all "they"  apparently care about. 

thats a bit harsh. Both Madueke and Broja havent really played much under Poch. 

Just now, Miguelito07 said:

thats a bit harsh. Both Madueke and Broja havent really played much under Poch. 

I'm not saying I want them to go , Madueke was at Spurs and left because Pochettino didn't rate him and he isn't playing him now , Broja  and James will be a cash cow to raise funds for us to waste on Brazilian (the place not the amount- although...) children . 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Madueke will probably go as Poch hates him from way back ,

Madueke was 16 when he left Spurs but lets not let that get in the way of a piece of gossip.

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Broja  and James will be a cash cow to raise funds for us to waste on Brazilian (the place not the amount- although...) children . 

trying to decipher the joke, so

the next players will be so young we won't know if its a Brazilian or just pre-puberty.
or yeah they will cost a Brazillion.

40 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm not saying I want them to go , Madueke was at Spurs and left because Pochettino didn't rate him and he isn't playing him now , Broja  and James will be a cash cow to raise funds for us to waste on Brazilian (the place not the amount- although...) children . 

Like this guy? 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Miguelito07
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Sorry Mark, surprised you are not being harsher on Madueke for his antics. Least we needed this season was a guy out partying without permission, let alone someone who has done absolutely nothing for our club (he's no Grealish or Foden).

Looks great at U21 level but that's his level - Crystal Palace or similar. He did absolutely nothing last season and he's done nothing this season, opportunities or no opportunities he's simply never going to be good enough. He's 21 already.

We need proper characters like Palmer not Madueke.

Just now, Miguelito07 said:

Like this guy 🤦‍♂️

Honestly I am happy we are buying these talents. 16-18 year olds - brilliant - still time to grow a lot. Kendry Paez looks sick and we have stolen a march on big clubs.

I would rather we bought 16-18 year olds and some actual experienced seniors than these 21-23 year olds who have already found their level.