Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, Thiago97 said:

I remember the post and I was one of the ones who was critical of it. I would still disagree with it too.

We are scoring more goals, though clearly not enough. I firmly do not believe we are in any relegation battle. We have two brand new players still to be introduced very shortly (Nkunku & Lavia). I believe we do have to add at least one January signing, possibly two. They need to be experienced and impactful to help improve the situation, not talented kids. 

If we can keep our forwards options fit, and we sign players who are ready to contribute now,I believe that by mid - late January the situation will look better. It still won't be good enough for a club of our stature and where we want to be. I expect we will still be sat somewhere between 8th-10th, but I think we will be seeing some further progress to build upon.

I think it could honestly go either way.

The first reality is we struggle for all of Jan to bring in a striker and end up with a very expensive Datro Fofana sort of buy from the Bundesliga who isn't a meaningful upgrade on Broja but who does offer more than Jackson, who gets the hump and sulks on the bench. We don't bring in a goalkeeper and Poch goes end of Feb with us not making any real progress and us still playing with half a squad due to injuries. James doesn't come back until end of March and Chilwell is in and out of the squad.  Silva goes to Brazil in Jan and we do not replace him. Management f**k about with a replacement for Poch for longer than they ought to and we bring in someone from the MLS eventually who is all about "performance" and "levels" and "mindset" but can do nothing about the glaring issues in the squad and is unable to magic up something from the players they do not have. It takes him another four or five games to understand the need to learn to beat a press. The team do not buy into his ideas and intense training methods, so heads drop and they stop trying. Eyes are focused on the exit door, Agents are called and everyone starts worrying about getting injured. Nobody cares. The fans turn on the players in a really bad way, our home atmosphere becomes toxic, the fans protest outside the Bridge calling for Boehly to sell the club etc, and the rest of the league just pile on and slap us every week because they need the points. We drop into the bottom six in April and are docked six points instead of Everton's ten for being the ones who noted the irregularities to the authorities, with the other four suspended. It goes down to the last day. 

Or we could buy a striker who can  hold the ball up, buy an elite level keeper for £150m all in, and Poch stays. We win one game in three the rest of the season but this is enough to get us mid-table and some breathing room to clear out the dead wood and form a real plan. Those who want out are allowed to go, those that want to stick around stay. We appoint a proper sporting director team and progress starts to be made. 

I have my view on which is more likely. 

Edited by Morgs
  • Like 2

AND SO IT F'IN CONTINUES.

We continue to cash in on Cobham graduates for their pure profit and will continue to forever under this ownership.

Instead of investing in local youngsters we pluck the next 16 year old out of South America.

Makes no f'in sense except for the fact that they can CASH IN ON COBHAM.

Gallagher has limitations but he has been one of our best players this season.

Rumours we were trying to sell him all summer, now no surprises we are still trying to sell.

Looks like we need funds for our new transfers!!! 

• Angry 1

Just now, Max Fowler said:

We continue to cash in on Cobham graduates for their pure profit and will continue to forever under this ownership.

Instead of investing in local youngsters we pluck the next 16 year old out of South America.

Rumours we were trying to sell him all summer, now no surprises we are still trying to sell.

The only reason we are looking to sell Gallagher is for pure profit. Joke.

He has limitations but at least he tries and he is the kind of character we need.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I can imagine exactly who's arguing it makes sense, the cretins who's heads aren't on the block if we fail. 

27 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

The only reason we are looking to sell Gallagher is for pure profit. Joke.

He has limitations but at least he tries and he is the kind of character we need.

Do the limitations outweigh his effort and "presence" ? I like Conor but is he a "keeper" with a cold eye view?

(Please..no goalkeeper references..you know what I mean.)

Was Mount considered a "keeper".?..when PC came in there were questions as to why Carlo was being replaced..extreme comparision but if ANY player can be upgraded it should be done.

When Ivan and Dave for example reached there end we all ,with respect. said goodbye....an upgrade is the same. IMHO.

Questions only.

7 minutes ago, chara said:

Do the limitations outweigh his effort and "presence" ? I like Conor but is he a "keeper" with a cold eye view?

(Please..no goalkeeper references..you know what I mean.)

Was Mount considered a "keeper".?..when PC came in there were questions as to why Carlo was being replaced..extreme comparision but if ANY player can be upgraded it should be done.

When Ivan and Dave for example reached there end we all ,with respect. said goodbye....an upgrade is the same. IMHO.

Questions only.

To me selling Gallagher in January is suicide. As we saw against United, he is holding together our midfield trio currently. I could envisage selling him in future, but find it hard to swallow given he's easily been one of our best players this season.

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

As an experienced 23 yo England international with 2 Championship full seasons, 3 and a half full PL seasons, Gallagher joins all the other experienced but fit Chelsea players wanting to get the hell out as soonas possible.
Who can blame him.

Made his Chelsea debut just 16 months ago - must be the worst 16 months ofhis footballing career.

55 minutes ago, Leo said:

Our problems lie in squad dynamics. We have to sell to fund future transfers. And Conor might have to be the scapegoat for that to be the case considering who we have waiting in Santos and Casedei 

Gallagher is one of the only players we have left who actually fights for the badge. Sell Mudryk instead.

1 hour ago, Dwmh said:

As an experienced 23 yo England international with 2 Championship full seasons, 3 and a half full PL seasons, Gallagher joins all the other experienced but fit Chelsea players wanting to get the hell out as soonas possible.
Who can blame him.

Made his Chelsea debut just 16 months ago - must be the worst 16 months ofhis footballing career.

Actually he's desperate to stay. The club is trying to kick him out.

7 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Actually he's desperate to stay. The club is trying to kick him out.

He is not desperate to stay, however moving to a team like Palace now, seem a sensible offer to rebuild ones career 

Edited by ROTG

Weird how the constant rumours about the club trying to sell Gallagher over the summer amounting to fuck all is evidence that the current rumour is completely true.

He's got 18 months on his deal. It is stick or twist time, and there's no way I'd be signing the kind of contracts these owners offer if I were him.

18 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Weird how the constant rumours about the club trying to sell Gallagher over the summer amounting to fuck all is evidence that the current rumour is completely true.

He's got 18 months on his deal. It is stick or twist time, and there's no way I'd be signing the kind of contracts these owners offer if I were him.

They didn't. Poch pushed hard for Gallagher to stay and he wanted to as well. So the board reluctantly adjusted.

Edited by Max Fowler