Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

11 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Entertaining interest is not news. Any business worth its salt would listen to bids for any player. It is how you tell what he might be worth. It doesn't mean they want to sell him. This is all part of a negotiation that's probably been going on since the Summer given we all know they start negotiating with two years left. We know he wants to stay because he has said so several times. We know Poch wants him to stay for the same reason. Poch is correct to say it is not in his hands because he does not own the club. If Conor does not want to sign an eight-year contract, it probably means he wants more in wages now rather than later (or, more likely, his agent does). Likely as not, Conor is not much involved in it. Since there is no transfer fee, this is probably the only thing they are discussing. So all these posts on Twitter contain no news at all. 

No but the point is - the club are actively drumming up interest for players by briefing to journalists about who is up for sale. As far as I can remember, this was never done under RA to the same extent.

Poch has no control over keeping Gallagher because despite his qualities that we desperately need - this ownership model smells pure profit with Connor and that is enough to sell. He has been one of our best players this season. It's an absolute joke!

• Agree 1

I haven't seen any evidence from genuine journalists that the management is doing anything of the sort. Strangely, no one mentioned it in today's news conference. I checked Kinsella and Law - nothing there. Nor the BBC or Guardian gossip pages. The only people I can see mentioning this are a bunch of so-called ITKs on Twitter and The Athletic.

48 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Who can forget those memorable press interviews with Abramovic?

Absolutely Bruce Bucks or Micheal Emenalo’s conferences more than made up for RA.
Also I can’t really remember a time when the club had two piss poor seasons on the bounce and needs to give explanations. Just say x or y coach had gone was enough because the club always bounced back. Unfortunately Zebedee had flatlined under the current regime. 

10 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I haven't seen any evidence from genuine journalists that the management is doing anything of the sort. Strangely, no one mentioned it in today's news conference. I checked Kinsella and Law - nothing there. Nor the BBC or Guardian gossip pages. The only people I can see mentioning this are a bunch of so-called ITKs on Twitter and The Athletic.

Kinsella literally wrote about it yesterday https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-fc-transfer-news-conor-gallagher-latest-mauricio-pochettino-b1127472.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1702852208

9 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Absolutely Bruce Bucks or Micheal Emenalo’s conferences more than made up for RA.
Also I can’t really remember a time when the club had two piss poor seasons on the bounce and needs to give explanations. Just say x or y coach had gone was enough because the club always bounced back. Unfortunately Zebedee had flatlined under the current regime. 

Well in that case let me direct you to the interview that Lawrence Stewart and Paul Winstanley gave recently 

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/interview-paul-winstanley-and-laurence-stewart-chelsea

Pys posted a tweet on Saturday claiming to be from Olivia Buzaglio, except she retweeted it, saying it had nothing to do with her. The tweet claimed that Colwill wasn't playing because he had injured himself in the warmup. Presumably, the guy playing at LB was a stunt double.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Well in that case let me direct you to the interview that Lawrence Stewart and Paul Winstanley gave recently 

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/interview-paul-winstanley-and-laurence-stewart-chelsea

What a bunch of pointless platitudes that was.  Complete waste of time.
I just received a letter from Rishi Sunak this morning that was of more interest than that.

(I'm guessing that the meaningless of it was your point MK)

Just now, Dwmh said:

What a bunch of pointless platitudes that was.  Complete waste of time.
I just received a letter from Rishi Sunak this morning that was of more interest than that.

(I'm guessing that the meaningless of it was your point MK)

I didn't read it as I've no interest ROTG wanted to know why the owners hadn't said what their plans were and then when challenged changed to tack to claiming that Emanalo had done so why didn't the new guys , and they had . 

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I didn't read it as I've no interest ROTG wanted to know why the owners hadn't said what their plans were and then when challenged changed to tack to claiming that Emanalo had done so why didn't the new guys , and they had . 

It read like a self-congratulation for a decent season last year and a good start this year.  All their hard work praised with no mention of failure or even disappointment. Getting the average age of the squad down to 22 is seen as praiseworthy in the sense that it is a good first step in getting it down to 18.  

I'm not sure they can announce plans now.  They only have Silva to replace (and we had 4 CBs yesterday, plus Gilchrist on the bench, Humphreys on loan and Fofana in limbo).  Their job is over.  We have made our bed, signed the 7 year contracts, all that can be done now is wait.  Club has basically spent it all on a 2026 lottery ticket and we must close our eyes till then.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Read that article in September and is nothing more than one would expect from a clubs standpoint at that moment in time. However one can assume the current landscape of the club is not what the envisaged in September or maybe the mid table sustainability is the goal for the club going forward. If that is the case your assessment of Poch being a coward is irrelevant because the club is in the position which meets TBSD expectations.

Just now, ROTG said:

Read that article in September and is nothing more than one would expect from a clubs standpoint at that moment in time. However one can assume the current landscape of the club is not what the envisaged in September or maybe the mid table sustainability is the goal for the club going forward. If that is the case your assessment of Poch being a coward is irrelevant because the club is in the position which meets TBSD expectations.

He's definitely a coward regardless.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ham said:

Convinced himself that something was happening and then lost his shit about it, all in the space of ten minutes. 

Let’s be honest, if we do sell Gallagher you and McCreadie will find some way to excuse the board like „if he didn’t want to stay, why should we keep him?“

3 hours ago, McCreadie said:

It’s like James Prescott never left the building.

And frankly mods I don’t know how me saying McCreadie should take his head out of his large backside is worse than this kind of snidey, personal one liner, but I can put up with being treated differently. There are worse things in the world 😊

35 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

If it’s any consolation, James is/was a very kind, sweet guy who loves Chelsea. His presence here was effervescent, exciting and fun imo and while he was a little OTT on occasion he was never nasty. The forum needs people like that imo, so for me it’s actually a positive comparison (even if it wasn’t perhaps meant that way!).  

There are far, far worse people here to be compared to imo. 🤐🤐🤐🤣🙃🤪

Thanks mate, I am alright with it! There is just an element of schoolyard bullying about it - which again - I am totally okay with, I just want to point it out because I got told off for saying McCreadie was talking out his large bottom. I have no idea how large McCreadie's bottom is and I would never want to discriminate against him for that. 

I have never met McCreadie. It was a turn of phrase - his opinion was coming out of his massive backside, yet I got reprimanded! I am okay with being less argumentative but this kind of one liner "It’s like James Prescott never left the building." is the equivalent of everyone laughing at someone in the school playground.

Hard to see how that isn't as harsh as my comment tbh.

So all I am saying is, there are different kinds of snidey comments. We are all Chels and I can absolutely take it, and I will apologize if I cross a line. I am just saying to the mods, there are different kinds of harsh comment, and all I ask for is fair treatment.

All in all I love every poster on here even if I think McCreadie talks out of his... forget it.💙

P.S how in god's name can you compare me to someone who is OTT Matt!!

Edited by Max Fowler
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Thanks mate, I am alright with it! There is just an element of schoolyard bullying about it - which again - I am totally okay with, I just want to point it out because I got told off for saying McCreadie was talking out his large bottom. I have no idea how large McCreadie's bottom is and I would never want to discriminate against him for that. 

I have never met McCreadie. It was a turn of phrase - his opinion was coming out of his massive backside, yet I got reprimanded! I am okay with being less argumentative but this kind of one liner "It’s like James Prescott never left the building." is the equivalent of everyone laughing at someone in the school playground.

Hard to see how that isn't as harsh as my comment tbh.

So all I am saying is, there are different kinds of snidey comments. We are all Chels and I can absolutely take it, and I will apologize if I cross a line. I am just saying to the mods, there are different kinds of harsh comment, and all I ask for is fair treatment.

All in all I love every poster on here even if I think McCreadie talks out of his... forget it.💙

P.S how in god's name can you compare me to someone who is OTT Matt!!

What have I missed?!

On 18/12/2023 at 14:19, Max Fowler said:

No but the point is - the club are actively drumming up interest for players by briefing to journalists about who is up for sale. 

Do you honestly think the club tells other clubs players are available for purchase via, let's say, The Guardian? Or that other clubs rifle through the news to see who it might be worth bidding for?

Of course it doesn't, agents do that far more effectively. 

Any briefing is not about drumming up interest. 

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Let’s be honest, if we do sell Gallagher you and McCreadie will find some way to excuse the board like „if he didn’t want to stay, why should we keep him?“

For my part, that would depend on whether he actually wanted to stay or not. I don’t pretend to know the answer to that.

Ideally, my preference is definitely to keep him and if he is sold when he doesn’t want to be, that would be stupid. However, I am prepared to accept other factors like a pre existing ffp plan, might form some mitigating circumstances.

1 hour ago, McCreadie said:

Apologies Max if that comment was a bit over the line. I didn’t mean offence.

My arse is pretty big as it goes.

Well said .... I totally disagree with The Duke,,,"Don't apologise Mister,it's a sign of weakness"..for me it's a sign of strength and self awareness....and calms unnecessarily troubled waters,

18 minutes ago, chara said:

Well said .... I totally disagree with The Duke,,,"Don't apologise Mister,it's a sign of weakness"..for me it's a sign of strength and self awareness....and calms unnecessarily troubled waters,

Well spoken - by a man who, like yours truly, is patently of ample dimensions!

• Haha 1