Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

2 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Frustrated yes. Disappointed yes.

“Toxic” suggests infighting and unrest. No. 

5 wins in the last 6 games. Green shoots of positivity.  

4 wins and penalties against a very poor Newcastle.  Left it very late against Palace too.
3 of the wins were against teams in Championship this season or last (and next).
We'll see how we do against a real rival - Fulham.

Toxic to me suggests half the squad off injured.  It suggests performances like today where we were quite rubbish so long as Preston were still trying and the quality gap suddenly appeared only after we scored.
Are players celebrating goals wildly?  Do they rush to the fans if they win?  No.

13 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Werner to Spurs feels a bit weird.

Much like Schurlle or Willain to Fulham.
Werner is basically a slightly bigger Son in style it seems to me.

2 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

It’s worse than weird. I think he will do very well there.

Hope so for his sake.

4 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Oh I see. So winning on penalties isn’t a win. Let me call Didier Drogba and let him know. And I should also give JT the good news too.

Winning AET isn't a win as far as I am concerned.  But I'll let you interpret it how you want.

18 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Winning AET isn't a win as far as I am concerned.  But I'll let you interpret it how you want.

Thanks, very generous of you. I’ll keep my CL winners medal from 2012 after all…

16 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Thanks, very generous of you. I’ll keep my CL winners medal from 2012 after all…

I was thinking the two draws  in 1970  🙂

49 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Oh I see. So winning on penalties isn’t a win. Let me call Didier Drogba and let him know. And I should also give JT the good news too.

He probably thinks that losing 4-0 is a win if your XG or whatever it is is better. 

As for Werner, I’m a fan. I don’t think we should have sold him, espesh when you look at the dross we bought to replace him like Mudryk. Just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

@Dwmh you’re definitely going to have to wash your mouth out, at the very least! 

I always "enjoy" Droy...even at his most annoying and although I know he can rub some the wrong way I refuse to be offended or annoyed at his windups ,,,SO

The "Werner" moments from him....reminds me of Old Mose in "The Searchers"..indulge an OG if you will...

Quote "Made out I was crazy,,,(toJane) you don't think I'm crazy maam?

"No (Droy) Mose your' sick and hurt.."

"Ate dirt and chewed grass....I FOOLED THEM"..........(With a smile Droy!)

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

@Dwmh you’re definitely going to have to wash your mouth out, at the very least! 

If people didn't like that wait till they get a load of this:

The former Liverpool captain is reportedly seeking a move back to the Premier League

Just saying - don't believe a word of it myself - honest.

8 hours ago, Dwmh said:

I actually wouldn’t be against us signing Henderson, but not to replace Gallagher! Gallagher cannot go anywhere!

Henderson is the kind of experienced player I think we need though, someone who can come on with 15 to go when things are tight, to help calm the nerves and help us over the line. It also gives the young players someone to learn from.

Maybe I’ll have to wash my mouth out with soap now as well!

8 hours ago, Dwmh said:

Hmm selling one of our home grown stand out players to finance a move for a clapped out old carthorse from our hated rivals ? 

It does sound feasible if your the world's most moronic and clueless owners and management consortium .

Those two bellends in procurement must be scouting the world for non scoring non assisting midfielders.

Edited by Mark Kelly

12 hours ago, Dwmh said:

Toxic to me suggests half the squad off injured.  It suggests performances like today where we were quite rubbish so long as Preston were still trying and the quality gap suddenly appeared only after we scored.
Are players celebrating goals wildly?  Do they rush to the fans if they win?  No.

Going  by what I've read on here there's a disconnect between a percentage of our fans and the current players and owners.

The atmosphere at matches is often poor to the point where the players can hear every moan and groan from the fans when an error is made. None of this is helping our young players and can only be making them more edgy. I'm sure they must talk about this amongst themselves, so feeling that lack of support from fans who should be supporting  them is resulting in the players behaving the way they are.

Sad sign of the times that we're not the only lackluster fanbase these days, but we are amongst the most lackluster.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Hmm selling one of our home grown stand out players to finance a move for a clapped out old carthorse from our hated rivals ? 

It does sound feasible if your the world's most moronic and clueless owners and management consortium .

Those two bellends in procurement must be scouting the world for non scoring non assisting midfielders.

Would be the most ludicrous transfer of all-time if that were to happen. So ludicrous that I don't believe it for one second.

Even our owners can see how important he has become to this team, so I'll bet anyone who fancies a charity bet that he is going nowhere and will be offered a tasty new contract.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Werner to Spurs feels a bit weird.

Sterling at Chelsea, Mount at United, Jorginho and Havertz at Arsenal, Kovacic at City, Rudiger at Madrid, Christensen at Barcelona, Pulisic at Milan and Werner at Spurs.

Imagine thinking that on the night of 29th May 2021. 

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Tbf, we have a very specific strand of transfer idiocy we stick to now and Jordan Henderson isn't in it. Has Henderson got any kids? It's them I can see us readying contracts for.

• Haha 1

No idea if Henderson got lazy or unfit, I wouldn't be against it for a quick experience fix for the squad, but that's about it.

I would be far more interested in loaning Firmino.

The Henderson link is also completely manufactured. A journalist quoted his name to Pochettino in his post-game conference and Poch clearly had no idea what he was talking about.

I imagine Henderson has planted those stories of wanting out of KSA so we'll see a lot of nonsense as he tries to convince clubs to pay for his salary.