Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

2 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Do you really think Fatty hasn’t acted like a spoilt, arrogant, entitled dickhead? How dare he disrespect the club he willingly signed for at huge wages, and who he even loved as a child? His actions were contemptible. And he wasn’t even that good for us. 

quite

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

As @Mark Kelly already addressed, Lukaku didn't want to be here under any circumstances. Not sure why you continue to find that such a difficult concept to grasp, yet here we are. 

quite

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

What Matt says to a "T" 

Quite why you continue to champion an absolute waste of time like Lukaku is beyond me. 

quite

29 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Anyway, let's see what happens this summer. Maybe a new coach 😯 will have other ideas about the man. 

Fatty doesn't want to be here and has burnt his bridges.

19 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

WHAT PART OF LUKAKU NOT WANTING ANY PART OF BEING HERE IS STILL NOT REGISTERING? 

I really wouldn't bother. some people refuse to see what is right in front of them

• Love 1

38 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

WHAT PART OF LUKAKU NOT WANTING ANY PART OF BEING HERE IS STILL NOT REGISTERING? 

It has ZERO to do with the club or manager not being wanting or willing to utilise him.

The man didn't even want to be in the country, and couldn't have made it any clearer either. 

Sweet fancy Moses. 

Another classic strawman from you

The bottom line is when you are paying someone 350k per week, they do as they are told. However the club or the jellyfish had already decided that he was no part of this seasons plans, therefore they force him to return late, then train on his own whilst the squad went on the pre-season tour of USA, if that wasn't enough humiliation for him, they then forced his hand to take a hefty pay cut and renegotiated his contract with a release clause this summer.

Nice try

27 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

quite

quite

quite

Fatty doesn't want to be here and has burnt his bridges.

I really wouldn't bother. some people refuse to see what is right in front of them

Maybe it is the case of some can forgive and forget in the hour of need, rather than be totally blinkered with blind faith 

Any sympathies I had for Lukaku are long gone, but if we're going to talk about him not wanting to be here, we should probably be putting that in the context of more or less the entire squad from just 2 years ago also not wanting to be here and wondering if there might be something more than just "he's a dickhead" (incidentally, I'd agree he is) to it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Any sympathies I had for Lukaku are long gone, but if we're going to talk about him not wanting to be here, we should probably be putting that in the context of more or less the entire squad from just 2 years ago also not wanting to be here and wondering if there might be something more than just "he's a dickhead" (incidentally, I'd agree he is) to it.

There was a helluva lot of turmoil at the end of the RA era, and I think that played a bigger part than people realised.

RL did "that" interview long before Putin invaded the Ukraine though.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Maybe it is the case of some can forgive and forget in the hour of need, rather than be totally blinkered with blind faith 

You really don't (dont want to) get it.

Maybe we did offer an olive branch, maybe we didn't. I am sure if he had come back and banged in a few goals, then most would forgive and forget.

That's all irrelevant because he doesn't want to come back

• Like 3

5 hours ago, xceleryx said:

It has ZERO to do with the club or manager not being wanting or willing to utilise him.

The man didn't even want to be in the country, and couldn't have made it any clearer either. 

Sweet fancy Moses. 

And The Red Sea he parted!

Lukuku is a bad memory for whatever causes,,,, forget him..lets move on...fighting over him is like a reenactment battle...all noise and no different conclusion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Sweet fancy Moses. 

I really think you need to be shouting at the Creamcakes with that insight.
If we can't get an out of form Lukaku to play for us on his 5 year contract on top dollar,  how on earth can anyone enforce 7 or 8 year contracts on claimed low wages if they ever hit some form?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, ROTG said:

I really do not care about history, all I know is the club have a asset that scores goals, and instead of utilising that asset, the club decided loan him out again. Not sure who was responsible for loaning last summer was it TBSD or maybe the Jellyfish coach. Whoever IMO it was not the best decision especially when you see the calibre of his replacements. 

Anyway, let's see what happens this summer. Maybe a new coach 😯 will have other ideas about the man. 

I will close my book on this one. 

Not often I agree with you but I'm on record in saying that the ideal scenario for the club was that Lukaku was brought back and made to play for his salary here. 

I say this partly to spite Lukaku and partly to spite Inter who have had our pants down over this. 

Mainly though, he's a big CF presence and a finisher. Who knows how he would have fared with our current squad. 

8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

There was a helluva lot of turmoil at the end of the RA era, and I think that played a bigger part than people realised.

I thought it was Abramovich who invaded Ukraine 🤔

• Like 1

So Maatsen to Dortmund on loan. No obligation to buy being reported and no contract extension either. He'll have one year left on his deal once this loan expires. What type of mismanagement is this? 

3 hours ago, Dwmh said:

I really think you need to be shouting at the Creamcakes with that insight.
If we can't get an out of form Lukaku to play for us on his 5 year contract on top dollar,  how on earth can anyone enforce 7 or 8 year contracts on claimed low wages if they ever hit some form?

And how do you propose we've done that? Should we have tied him down to a chair with a gun to his head? Maybe kidnap one of his kids?

It's all well and good saying we should've got him to play for us and fulfil his contract but if there's zero, and I mean zero interest from the player himself, what sort of good is realistically going to come from? He'd be an absolute cancer to the rest of the playing group with his attitude. With a squad that's young as it is, having a stroppy senior figure isn't exactly going to boost moral during those tougher periods where everyone really has to come together either. 

You can't force someone who doesn't want to be here to remain, much less expect peak performance out of him. Lukaku made it quite clear he didn't want to be in England and a return to Italy was top of his agenda. That's it in a nut shell. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Funny, every thing I have read in the British media in last 18 months was about how Ukraine with Nato help was going to re-take Crimea after the Crimeans voted out in 2014.  Are we back to Putin being the aggressor now?

1 hour ago, Bison said:

So Maatsen to Dortmund on loan. No obligation to buy being reported and no contract extension either. He'll have one year left on his deal once this loan expires. What type of mismanagement is this? 

Can't sell if there's not interest being drawn from clubs actually willing to buy. 

Don't think a 6 month loan is a bad solution for now. Puts us back in the same situation as the summer, with hopefully more teams being interested in buying him should he perform well. 

3 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

And how do you propose we've done that? Should we have tied him down to a chair with a gun to his head? Maybe kidnap one of his kids?

My point precisely.  Given how wise you have been to the dangers of long contracts and to the dangers of replacing a core of experienced players with youths, you'd must be as furious with the board as I am.

Just now, Dwmh said:

My point precisely.  Given how wise you have been to the dangers of long contracts and to the dangers of replacing a core of experienced players with youths, you'd must be as furious with the board as I am.

Mate, you're on a whole different level. 

Wouldn't shock me if you believed the world was flat either. 

1 minute ago, xceleryx said:

Because I both predict what the club is doing will inevitably lead to problems, and then use that as an excuse for their failure?
Which is what you are doing.

Sure nothing would shock you - every bad decision is an excuse.

7 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Because I both predict what the club is doing will inevitably lead to problems, and then use that as an excuse for their failure?
Which is what you are doing.

Sure nothing would shock you - every bad decision is an excuse.

Lol ol' Nostradamus here. Bloody hell.

Good luck with it mate. 

13 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

World Is Flat?....hmm often post Chelsea game it seems so to me..even after all these years!

Edited by chara

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

Don't think a 6 month loan is a bad solution for now. Puts us back in the same situation as the summer, with hopefully more teams being interested in buying him should he perform well. 

Let put it like this he's not any worst than the £60m clown you been telling everyone for the past 18 months will come good, who's  managed to blag another season with the squad due to injury.  

3 hours ago, Bison said:

Not what I read at all. 

I read the loan comes with a year extension to 2026.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, chara said:

And The Red Sea he parted!

Lukuku is a bad memory for whatever causes,,,, forget him..lets move on...fighting over him is like a reenactment battle...all noise and no different conclusion.

The club still owns him for the next couple of years so unless someone buys him it's going to rinse and repeat time. Especially when you see the level of the other strikers at the club. 

You bring JM mklll back, Guaranteed your man would be on the list of players to bring back from loan. 

As Sean Connery proved as JB never say never again 😀 

On 04/01/2024 at 13:17, ROTG said:

On 05/01/2024 at 17:00, chrisb said:

Apparently when he was born the doctor handed him over to his proud parents saying “Congratulations, it’s a man!”

I have to say I've never laughed so much...so thank you!.

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Let put it like this he's not any worst than the £60m clown you been telling everyone for the past 18 months will come good, who's  managed to blag another season with the squad due to injury.  

Ignoring the fact he can't defend - a common gripe held by Burnley fans last season in the Championship, who dominated possession in most matches and didn't require much depending to be done in general. 

Cucurella has been fine this season when he played, not that you'd ever acknowledge it of course. Can't be praising someone we've purchased from Brighton now, that would ruin your little obsession and require your agenda to pivot. Not that you're not accustomed to twisting situations to suit yourself anyway, or just straight up ignoring factual information when you've been caught out like with Lukaku earlier.

• Agree 1

On 02/01/2024 at 22:55, NoblyBobly said:

I don’t think Reece had to be captain tbh. Great player when fit , but not a captain imo. Not just because of his injury record but more his personality. Connor a bit more understandable, just ironic we now are selling our skipper to our biggest rivals. 
Silva has vast experience. Can see everything in front of him. With him as skipper for the season or maybe another it would give the coach a chance to see which younger player deserves it. As it is , James is permanently injured, Connor may be off and we have pissed off Silva in the process. 

Silva's reaction after the Luton game said it all.Of course he should be captain!,he has forgotten more about the game than every player in the premiership knows.

Another stroke of genius  from a clueless manager.Imagine Conor Gallagher captain compared to a player in the hall of fame(no disrespect to Conor).