Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

24 minutes ago, Bison said:

Nice. 

He's attempting to get ingratiated with the chaps from Saudi, I'd guess he can now see the writing on the wall as regards his career - He's ostracised himself from the big clubs in his seemingly preferred country of Italy and can see that door closing.

The only place left for him to pick up his massive pay check and balance it on his equally massive backside is Saudi, he's not a big enough name for the good ole' USA to take up the burden.

Self-serving git that he is.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

47 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

I know absolutely nothing about the kid but if it means the end of Broja I'm all for it.

Could bring Burstow back and save money, there is not a lot of difference in their levels 

I think what people need to realise is that the board see buying Duran as a potentially profitable asset. 

Yes he will be a stop gap and add another option up top, but they believe he has enough potential to have resale value later on.

If we need to loan him in the summer like D. D. Fofana then fine.

IMO - at least currently, they are looking at most purchases through that lens, rather than "who is the absolute best person for the job"

• Like 1

What's frustrating in our search for a reliable CF is that Jackson was just starting to turn in really good performances before the ACON.  

Hoping that version, or better, comes back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Could bring Burstow back and save money, there is not a lot of difference in their levels 

Oh please, behave with this nonsense! There is a big difference between a Colombian international involved at first team level for a top6 team, compared with what Burstow offers.

You are ridiculous at times !

1 hour ago, east lower said:

He's attempting to get ingratiated with the chaps from Saudi, I'd guess he can now see the writing on the wall as regards his career - He's ostracised himself from the big clubs in his seemingly preferred country of Italy and can see that door closing.

The only place left for him to pick up his massive pay check and balance it on his equally massive backside is Saudi, he's not a big enough name for the good ole' USA to take up the burden.

Self-serving git that he is.  

They have Fuddruckers down there (probably the best fast food burgers you can get) 😁😁

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

They have Fuddruckers down there (probably the best fast food burgers you can get) 😁😁

Fuddruckers eh, will have to look them up. Perhaps the Barclays could pay him in Burgers,  although he'd probably want free ones for the whole Lukaku entourage thrown in as part of the contract.

Got to be careful how you pronounce their name though 😉

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Hope he goes there.

He's talking nonsense though. Players are jumping ship already and we are not even a year in 

He's run out of options and it's a last big pay day. 

• Agree 2

It seems that Villa are after 21-year-old Morgan Rogers from Boro for £12m as an AM/forward. It is also rumoured that Chelsea are after 20-year-old Jhon Duran from Villa for £18m as a forward. Are Villa considering selling Duran to get the money for Rogers? If so, you might be better off making an offer for Rogers.  Maybe Villa are after Rogers in case Duran wants to move away. Maybe, Chelsea are interested in Duran because someone might make a big bid for Broja. Or maybe a journalist has looked at Villa's interest in Rogers and Chelsea's possible interest in a replacement striker in case someone makes a big offer for Broja and puts two and two together and made any number imaginable. 

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

It seems that Villa are after 21-year-old Morgan Rogers from Boro for £12m as an AM/forward. It is also rumoured that Chelsea are after 20-year-old Jhon Duran from Villa for £18m as a forward. Are Villa considering selling Duran to get the money for Rogers? If so, you might be better off making an offer for Rogers.  Maybe Villa are after Rogers in case Duran wants to move away. Maybe, Chelsea are interested in Duran because someone might make a big bid for Broja. Or maybe a journalist has looked at Villa's interest in Rogers and Chelsea's possible interest in a replacement striker in case someone makes a big offer for Broja and puts two and two together and made any number imaginable. 

Good news!!!

Duran has a hamstring injury 🤜💥

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

Sciatika...what are you doing?...... making my head hurt with all that...not that it doesn't make sense ... you usually calm my fevered brow🥵....my only comment is who on earth would make a big offer for Broja.?🥲..perhaps it should read Chelsea's interest in a REAL striker😝... if only the media actually functioned in a 2+2= 4 world!

Edited by chara

27 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

IF (and that’s a huge if) this is true in anyway, we need to be getting this done asap.

On the fence with this. Nearly 32 and injury prone. But when fit, good goalscorer 

2 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

I think we won't be signing anyone this month as the club is working on a mega deal for the summer (which may be announced before), but I now fully expect to be proved wrong in a matter of minutes.

Mega deal, meaning another 100M player worth 10? 😁

9 hours ago, Bison said:

Nice. 

SOO.... Being a Deep Thinker Lukaku has come to the conclusion that the Saudi League.."IN TWO YEARS" will achieve something that the USA, with great financial and marketing clout has failed to reach with MLS and previous identities in a lot more years?..not to mention the Chinese fiasco !

The tribal base of the game in many, if not all, Leagues is a driving force and the developed fan bases in other countries fuels a lot of EPL income from media etc....over simplification but just pouring money, even endless, into a League will not turn it into any sort of World Class entity. 

Why I pay any attention to what that fraud burbles I do not know.

I hate to mention them both in the same breath but compare The Sponge with the Burger.....

7 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Villa are fast becoming a very well run club.

Evidenced by their first team and highly regarded youth development system. They are investing heavily in that area. 

A close friend of mine has his son going there (16 years old and an England youth international) from another midlands club. Transfer fee of close to £750k. They had the choice of Villa, Man City and L’Pool. Villa impressed them, including his agent (exPL player) the most.

Edited by east lower
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1