Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

12 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Right now, and I mean for the second half of this season, we need an experienced no9

Nothing against the Villa lad, who I know nought about, but to me that move makes little sense 

Totally agree - I see it as player trading for financial purposes and nothing else;  Sell Broja at c.£30m and bank it all in this year’s accounts, whilst buying someone of similar ability (& therefore not what we need) for £3.5m per year over the next 5 years or so.

Furthermore, what is the development plan for DD Fofana,  Dujon Richards, Burstow, Washington etc?

I know they both come with their own (different) risks but I’d much prefer a short term deal for a Benzema or Callum Wilson.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Sciatika said:

It seems that Villa are after 21-year-old Morgan Rogers from Boro for £12m as an AM/forward. It is also rumoured that Chelsea are after 20-year-old Jhon Duran from Villa for £18m as a forward. Are Villa considering selling Duran to get the money for Rogers? If so, you might be better off making an offer for Rogers.  Maybe Villa are after Rogers in case Duran wants to move away. Maybe, Chelsea are interested in Duran because someone might make a big bid for Broja. Or maybe a journalist has looked at Villa's interest in Rogers and Chelsea's possible interest in a replacement striker in case someone makes a big offer for Broja and puts two and two together and made any number imaginable. 

Villa paid around £18m for Duran last season, so I'd be surprised if they turned around and sold him for the same price twelve months later in a market where striking talent at all levels is thin. You'd think they'd look to squeeze more from any deal. 

6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

On the fence with this. Nearly 32 and injury prone. But when fit, good goalscorer 

Perched on the same fence with you on this.

Also kinda don't want to help Newcastle out of any financial challenges, unless it's to take one of their bigger names. 

14 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Right now, and I mean for the second half of this season, we need an experienced no9

Nothing against the Villa lad, who I know nought about, but to me that move makes little sense 

We needed one at the start of this season.  Especially with Nkunko going down well before the window closed.
The season before it was so obvious we needed one at the start of last season that they actually bought Aubameyang and loaned in Felix, neither of whome worked out but they did at least fit the basic job description of seasoned strikers (over seasoned literally for Aubameyang).

Come January this season and last I can't see the point.  Far more important to start the process of organic growth.
Some people claim to have spotted it in recent games, why go back to chop and changing now?

10 hours ago, chara said:

Why I pay any attention to what that fraud burbles I do not know.

Hopefully the sports department have, It would seem he has decided that his final pay check lies in KSA, meaning it should be quite a simple task for the sports department to off loading him when he return in the summer, after Roma say, thanks but no thanks on the buy him option.

8 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

@asvaberg Off topic so apologies but I’m on a plane as I type this getting ready to go to Alta via Oslo! 🫶🏻🇳🇴💫 

@Dwmh @Mark Kelly @chara Happy to report that the flight staff are standing in the right places. 🫡💙😉

Hope you have deep pockets or not so deep if you are tea total.

Polar bear and penguin country and not a Krusty Kreme in sight 😀

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Villa paid around £18m for Duran last season, so I'd be surprised if they turned around and sold him for the same price twelve months later in a market where striking talent at all levels is thin. You'd think they'd look to squeeze more from any deal. 

Would that be Villa copying the Brighton model of stuffing Chelsea for a low level player

7 hours ago, Rob B said:

Furthermore, what is the development plan for DD Fofana,  Dujon Richards, Burstow, Washington etc?

Remember the 80's/90's  stock exchange movies when the financial world goes south - Sell Sell Sell 😀

7 hours ago, xceleryx said:

You're right. I meant "at least £18m". Given mid-season, the figure will be north of £50m. 

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

I’m teetotal. Funnily enough I have been to Svalbard which IS polar bear 🐻‍❄️ territory. They had to fly up in the helicopter when I was there to scare one off! 

IMG_0088.jpeg

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rob B said:

I don't expect Burstow will make it here. Does anyone know where Richards plays? Is he a striker or a forward or winger?

10 hours ago, Rob B said:

I know they both come with their own (different) risks but I’d much prefer a short term deal for a Benzema or Callum Wilson.

Yes, makes more logical sense.

9 hours ago, Dwmh said:

We needed one at the start of this season.  

Yes, but my time machine is broken

4 hours ago, ROTG said:

eeeh - penguins? hmmmm - there is a SLIGHT difference between arctic-area and antartic-area 🙂 

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

Klopp leaving Liverpool at the end of the season.

Wow.

Big blow for them. If the likes of Poch are as good as it gets in the market they will fall off very quickly. 

17 minutes ago, Bison said:

Big blow for them. If the likes of Poch are as good as it gets in the market they will fall off very quickly. 

Wouldn’t that be a terrible shame! 😂😂

• Haha 2

If only ownership would get their shit together - Klopp gone and Pep isn't staying for too long at City. A real window of opportunity .... For Arsenal and Arteta I suppose.

Interesting times ahead for Liverpool, FSG tried to sell but couldn't. No sporting director or a lot of the Michael Edwards people left - Klopp was calling the shots and he did decently well at the squad rebuilding stuff. Now he's leaving and they have more than just a manager to replace. Salah likely gone to KSA in the summer on top of it.

I also don't think it's going to be Alonso. Seems like Klopp made the final decision by November, which means a successor is already in place most likely. My bet is on Nagelsmann, who's passing the time with the German national team.

Edited by Sabrina F.

13 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Potter is still available for them

Thought he was being lined up as Ten Hag’s replacement. 

Would be nice if he turns up at either one of them!