Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 minute ago, Dwmh said:

I think you really never did read any posts in that 16/17 season.  I railed at the world in 15/16 because we went into the season with 21 senior players of which 3 were  crocked CFs in a season that included the CL.  I blamed JM for that.  I praised Conte for bringing in 6 senior players and of course the big difference was that the 21 players JM left us was an incredibly strong core which could be added to so easily.  It even included a decent CF.

I railed at Conte when he bought Bakayoko, Rudiger, Zappacosta and Barkley in summer 2017, none with great experience.
by the end of that season the old site had just me and (I think) xceleryx who were supporting Conte as a competent coach when all were trying to blame him.

But you'd rather read what other people said about me.

This is a risible rewriting of history. You constantly criticised Conte and were an ardent Sarri apologist. To have to put up with your supercilious horseshit is one thing, but outright lies are quite another.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

All this from the bloke railing at the World when Conte wanted to sign experience. 

Funny old game. 

Did Conte want to buy experience? Or just a load of expensive players he and his staff already knew well? 

The squad he inherited were not short of experience, it wasn't a gap that needed filling.

We are talking about the same Conte who pushed out Costa for Morata? 

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, RDCW said:

This is a risible rewriting of history. You constantly criticised Conte and were an ardent Sarri apologist. To have to put up with your supercilious horseshit is one thing, but outright lies are quite another.

Lies and silly insults.  no change.
I stopped criticising Conte just as soon as he went to 3 on the back because there were no longer too many men standing  in teh wrong places, and all but the 3 CBs were running about the pitch chasing the men on the ball.
If you bought into any other version that is seriously your problem.

Of course I was an ardent Sarri fan - so were Juve.  The only apology I need to make was for getting him right.
(Last man to get a tune out of Hazard)

2 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Did Conte want to buy experience? Or just a load of expensive players he and his staff already knew well? 

The squad he inherited were not short of experience, it wasn't a gap that needed filling.

We are talking about the same Conte who pushed out Costa for Morata? 

One mans experience is another's "load of expensive players" 😁

Maybe Conte didn't fancy Marina buying players who couldn't actually , you know , walk?

I think it was Costa who pushed out Costa wasn't it? 

Bit like Lukaku who pushed out Lukaku . 

• Agree 1

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

Maybe Conte didn't fancy Marina buying players who couldn't actually , you know , walk?

I honestly don't understand the bit in bold. Didn't Marina buy most of the players who were there when he first walked into Cobham, and then Kante very soon after? The ones he won the league with?

Who knows with Costa tbf, we only ever see the bits people want in the public domain. But Conte himself is on record as saying Costa wasn't in his plans. In the absence of anything else to go on ... 

None of which gets round the reality that Conte's problem was not that he wasn't given ample experience and not being allowed more. He had a fantastically experienced squad. 

6 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Lies and silly insults.  no change.
I stopped criticising Conte just as soon as he went to 3 on the back because there were no longer too many men standing  in teh wrong places, and all but the 3 CBs were running about the pitch chasing the men on the ball.
If you bought into any other version that is seriously your problem.

Of course I was an ardent Sarri fan - so were Juve.  The only apology I need to make was for getting him right.
(Last man to get a tune out of Hazard)

Again, totally untrue. You criticised Conte for falling back on a defensive system rather than resolving our form through other means and you continued to criticise him after he was gone, lauding Sarri by comparison, even though Sarri's team played the dullest football of any Chelsea team since the Premier League began.

You appear to be either an inveterate liar, or utterly delusional. There is evidence on these forums to support either view, so it's difficult to establish which is the case.

As far as insults are concerned my remarks were only insulting if they were untrue, which is most certainly not the case. We see you, Droy. Your obsessive posting on here is indicative that perhaps something is not quite as it should be, so maybe the answer lies in delusion, rather than mendacity.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think someone probably needed to help push Lukaku through the door. Unless the ice cream van arrived at that moment. 🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

I honestly don't understand the bit in bold. Didn't Marina buy most of the players who were there when he first walked into Cobham, and then Kante very soon after? The ones he won the league with?

Who knows with Costa tbf, we only ever see the bits people want in the public domain. But Conte himself is on record as saying Costa wasn't in his plans. In the absence of anything else to go on ... 

None of which gets round the reality that Conte's problem was not that he wasn't given ample experience and not being allowed more. He had a fantastically experienced squad. 

From memory she bought Barclay in his second season whilst his leg was still in a cast as some kind of reward for winning the league, that was the beginning of the end I believe. 

39 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

From memory she bought Barclay in his second season whilst his leg was still in a cast as some kind of reward for winning the league, that was the beginning of the end I believe. 

Also got a freshly returned Emerson who had just spent the past like 9 months out with a major knee injury.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RDCW said:

Again, totally untrue. You criticised Conte for falling back on a defensive system rather than resolving our form through other means and you continued to criticise him after he was gone, lauding Sarri by comparison, even though Sarri's team played the dullest football of any Chelsea team since the Premier League began.

You appear to be either an inveterate liar, or utterly delusional. There is evidence on these forums to support either view, so it's difficult to establish which is the case.

As far as insults are concerned my remarks were only insulting if they were untrue, which is most certainly not the case. We see you, Droy. Your obsessive posting on here is indicative that perhaps something is not quite as it should be, so maybe the answer lies in delusion, rather than mendacity.

As well as entirely false, you really need to talk to the moderators about what is acceptable on here.

8 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

As well as entirely false, you really need to talk to the moderators about what is acceptable on here.

Not false at all, as many of the old members will attest. As to acceptability with the moderators I recall that you have been banned for your behaviour in the past; perhaps you should reflect on the reasons for that and also question yourself as to why you post so frequently and copiously.

13 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think you mean Barkley, anyone know what's happened to him?

Seems to be a key player for Luton.

Crikey, its like downtown Gaza in here. 

Calm down lads/lasses, life's too short. No need for personal attacks. We all support the same team, right?

Any predictions for tonight?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jasonb said:

I think you mean Barkley, anyone know what's happened to him?

Seems to be a key player for Luton.

Yes , Spell check I'm afraid , it's an amazing turn around , maybe being able to walk is more important for a footballer than I'd imagined.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Crikey, its like downtown Gaza in here. 

Calm down lads/lasses, life's too short. No need for personal attacks. We all support the same team, right?

Any predictions for tonight?

Well I’m at Oslo airport, my dear Morgerino, waiting for my coffee to cool down but I’ll go for 3-1 Liverpool. 

11 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Well I’m at Oslo airport, my dear Morgerino, waiting for my coffee to cool down but I’ll go for 3-1 Liverpool. 

Bizarrely, I'm at Rotterdam Airport waiting for BA to get their fingers out and, indeed, my coffee to cool down to sub-plasma temps, and I am going 4-1 Liverpool. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

13 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Also got a freshly returned Emerson who had just spent the past like 9 months out with a major knee injury.

I think the contrast between then and now is perhaps that at that time the players bought were low cost, medium-risk squad-fillers.

Our current chaps are paying £50m+ for injured or suspicious injury record, first-team regulars (or are supposed to be!!)

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Too thick to realise he actually had some talent.

Unfortunately used to like the high-life way too much and was too dopey (as you said) to realise what he had.  Mind you he's a multi-millionaire and I'm not, but I like to also think that I and others like me have worked hard (making our own mistakes along the way) and made the most of what we did have and chaps like him, will look back with some sort of regret that they haven't and what could have been. 

My niece and her friends told a few tales about his ways whilst he was with us.

Edited by east lower
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, east lower said:

Unfortunately used to like the high-life way too much and was too dopey (as you said) to realise what he had.  Mind you he's a multi-millionaire and I'm not, but I like to also think that I and others like me have worked hard (making our own mistakes along the way) and made the most of what we did have and chaps like him, will look back with some sort of regret that they haven't and what could have been. 

My niece and her friends told a few tales about his ways whilst he was with us.

You gotta tell us now 👀

• Agree 2