Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

44 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

You gotta tell us now 👀

Booze, ladies, late nights and other accompaniments - same stuff that a few get up to, especially those not playing and getting routinely or randomly tested.

Edited by east lower
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

Not sure where to put this - but Paez just won player of the year in Ecuador.

I have a feeling this kid is going to be sick!

Generational talent according to the fella who does the South American football slot on Hawksbee & Jacobs show on Talksport.

Edited by east lower
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, east lower said:

Generational talent according to the fella who does the South American football slot on Hawksbee & Jacobs show on Talksport.

I actually like the owners strategy of looking for 16 year olds - potentially there is an opportunity to steal a march on the market. Problem I have is we sign too many 20-22 year olds like Madueke, Jackson etc. who frankly are already adults and whose ceiling is much more limited.

A better approach would be focussing on under 18s and many more over 25s... but after a few half decent results people think our dodgy strategy is coming good.

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

Not sure where to put this - but Paez just won player of the year in Ecuador.

I have a feeling this kid is going to be sick!

I suspect there will be plenty of attempts by RM and Barca and a few others to hijack this deal.  I hope the Chelsea team have a watertight contract signed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

A better approach would be focussing on under 18s

The odd £10m wasted on another South American gamble, could easily be used to invest in further scouting of British tallent at school kids level. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 29/01/2024 at 10:24, martin1905 said:

You didn't choose to support Chelsea. Chelsea chose you.  You were either a local or someone somewhere in your immediate family was. It was a family thing and we were resigned to a lifetime of disappointment but we didn't care. It became a way of life and we embraced it, more than that we loved it. My first ever game was the 94 FA Cup Final. I was 11. Imagine it. My first ever game, an FA cup final against my most hated club. A chance to go into school on the Monday morning and give all the grief that I had taken back, 10 fold. 

Funnily enough, I have just stumbled on this, which is an article I wrote in 2012 for CFCnet its original form

Dad.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Ooh , like Havertz . 

Ouch, 

Well, if he scores the winner in a CL Final for us in the future, I can forgive him all sorts.

Not sure there's many currently who could have played the through ball, made the run and stayed onside or finished it.

I have watched this chap a bit and he looks exceptional for a 16 year-old in men's professional football, even looks good for their National side.

I think I read somewhere that we have security guards in place guarding him and his direct family.

Just now, east lower said:

Well, if he scores the winner in a CL Final for us in the future, I can forgive him all sorts.

Not sure there's many currently who could have played the through ball, made the run and stayed onside or finished it.

I have watched this chap a bit and he looks exceptional for a 16 year-old in men's professional football, even looks good for their National side.

I think I read somewhere that we have security guards in place guarding him and his direct family.

Lets hope we keep him and give him meaningful playing time when he joins then rather than loaning him out to somewhere he falls in love / is brainwashed with/by 

2 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Is there any way we can pay twice the going rate?

Breaking news: Strasbourg have got their man after agreeing to pay the loan fee. 

tenor.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Lets hope we keep him and give him meaningful playing time when he joins then rather than loaning him out to somewhere he falls in love / is brainwashed with/by 

He might go just like Rooney and Owen, who were running on fumes from 28 ish - too many miles on the clock.

So, if he is this massive talent let’s see if he can do it on a cold Tuesday in deepest, darkest Luton. Apart from the temperature it’ll be just like the S. American ghetto’s

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

The odd £10m wasted on another South American gamble, could easily be used to invest in further scouting of British tallent at school kids level. 

Nobody is missing out on the best kids coming out of the schools. 

We're probably better than most of the world's academies in that regard. 

43 minutes ago, Morgs said:

God last night was f**king dreadful wasn't it?  Excuse the profanity but sometimes it is needed and this is one of those times. Here are some thoughts while I wait for my bleach latte and arsenic toasty to cool down. 

I remarked on twitter last night that it was the bending over that made me most angry last night. We just tamely bent over for the Klopp show, got railed by the Kloppity hype train, fully played our part in just tamely letting them take what they wanted from us. There wasn't so much as a reacharound, it was just Liverpool taking the points and us giving them willingly because that is easier and less controversial than actually trying. 

When did we start doing that???? Since when have we been a club that does that? 

One of the things I've always loved about Chelsea is that we don't do stuff like that. We spoil parties, we go against the grain, we are awkward, difficult, we do our own thing. But last night you saw us just bend over for Liverpool. 

The Klopp show means that they'll get all the decisions between now and May. Arsenal and Citeh will get nothing. Two of the most obvious pens you'll see all day and a card happy Ref looking to play his part in the Klopp love in farewell glory tour as well. We'll see that every week now. It isn't ineptitude, its corruption. The question is whether it is outright "brown envelopes" corruption or just the insidious kind where you have a officiating team looking to write their stories, go with the media narrative, make things happen because "its what the neutrals and sponsors want". 

Which is it? I suspect somewhere in the middle, but it is corruption nevertheless. Clear as day. You have Keith Hackett in the papers this morning making all sorts of excuses as to why the decisions were given the way they were because he and us can see plain as the blinding white of Klippity's Haywards that the decision was wrong. They both were. Sometimes errors cannot be explained by mere "we made a mistake in the heat of the moment" because of the sheer number of PROFESSIONAL PEOPLE looking at it. So you have to make excuses to try to muddy the waters and fend off calls for a review. 

But dwelling on the penalty calls and the laughably one-sided refereeing decisions is not helping. The fact is we got done by a better team who wanted it more than us. This I cannot excuse. People point to "when we were s*** in the 80s" (I was there in the latter part) as some sort of ointment for the hurt we feel when we watch this crap week in week out, but honestly, we were better in the 80s, even in the dark days, because we at least tried. We were crap and got beat a lot of the time but we at least tried. Our fanbase wouldn't tolerate anything else. But this is worse because you have an idiot coach who is an absolute charlatan, singularly unable to organise a pissup in a brewery let alone prepare football players for a game, with no plan, no discernible tactics and a team that cannot be bothered. They don't give a s***.  So then you get the whole bending over for the Klopp show thing as if we are some star struck lower league club just happy to be on telly. It makes me sick to my stomach to see it. 

THIS is how far we have fallen. 

Last night was the moment I changed my mind on Poch. I had been of the reasoned view that he was better than the Allardyces of this world who we would be able to replace him with, and that for better or worse we needed to give him time. 

Nope, not any more, sorry. The bloke is clueless. The team hasn't got a clue what they are supposed to be doing. They DONT CARE. You cannot tell me with the talent there is in that squad that nobody can mold a decent team from it. He's done nothing. We have made zero progress and in many ways have regressed even from last season's plunging depths of hapless crapness. Poch has done nothing, improved nothing, managed nothing, achieved less than nothing. The league cup final means nothing, and pointing to it as some sort of progress is silly, as if we aren't going to get a second dose of the Klopp cheeky wink pants down at Wembley. Poch hasnt got a clue what he is doing. Just go. 

Worrying too is the decline in certain players this season. I was very pleased with Enzo and Badiashile last season as very positive buys that brought genuine quality and had sky high ceilings. Both were quite jawdroppingly awful last night and both have been miles and miles off it this season. The regression there is astonishing. Chillwell I like but he had a nightmare last night, as did Gallagher. 

Something isn't right. 

All is not well behind the scenes. We've seen "palpable discord" enough times to know what it smells like. This stinks of it to high heaven, Chelsea stank the place out last night. It was probably the worst performance I've seen from us in living memory. Risible. Disastrous. Supine. Clueless. 

What you saw last night is a squad of clueless kids who can't be bothered and a laughably overrated charlatan of a manager who cannot lead them, motivate them, organise them or prepare them for matches. All set against a backdrop of a media-led agenda to give Klopp a farewell title and a club ownership cringing in embarrassment at having p*ssed a billion quid up the wall to take a team backwards because they and the idiots they employed know f*** all about football.  Flukey wins against Luton, Fulham and battering a crap Boro side do us no favours. They just muddy the waters and make the players and manager look better than they are. Its not helpful for us. 

The waters were plenty clear last night though, I see it with plunging sorrowful alacrity, I'm afraid. 

I no longer recognise this club. It isnt the Chelsea I supported as a boy and a man. We would never have bent over for the scousers like we did last night, It is shameful and embarrassing. I've honestly never felt so disconnected from the club. You want to talk about "palpable discord" well I am feeling pretty bloody palpably discordant this morning I can tell you. Chelsea are dead and the way these idiots are dancing on our grave makes me sick to my stomach. We're over, finished, ended. The Chelsea I loved has gone, never to return. 

We've gone from David Speedie, the Zenith Data Systems Cup, the best away support in the land, F**K EM ALL, Kerry Dixon, Di Matteo after 42 seconds, Gianluca Vialli, the only club in London with a European Cup and Super Frankie Lampard to...

...."Argylle", Astrid Wett, Mikhailo Mudryk, Todd bloody Boehly, breaking out the Vaseline at Anfield and a bowl of lemons. 

I feel sick just writing it. Truly, truly miserable. 

Rant over. 

Thanks for letting me get it off my chest.

Sadly, I think you've absolutely smashed the nail on the head with this post. I've highlighted the line that saddens me most, but that I wholeheartedly agree with. We are now a US investment company play thing and they're trying to find as many novel ways to make some money back as possible, as they've realised they have no idea how to set us up to do the one thing we're supposed to be able to do... be good at football.

I don't know who this club is anymore, but it's not ours and that is a real heart breaker.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

51 minutes ago, Morgs said:

God last night was f**king dreadful wasn't it?  Excuse the profanity but sometimes it is needed and this is one of those times. Here are some thoughts while I wait for my bleach latte and arsenic toasty to cool down. 

I remarked on twitter last night that it was the bending over that made me most angry last night. We just tamely bent over for the Klopp show, got railed by the Kloppity hype train, fully played our part in just tamely letting them take what they wanted from us. There wasn't so much as a reacharound, it was just Liverpool taking the points and us giving them willingly because that is easier and less controversial than actually trying. 

When did we start doing that???? Since when have we been a club that does that? 

One of the things I've always loved about Chelsea is that we don't do stuff like that. We spoil parties, we go against the grain, we are awkward, difficult, we do our own thing. But last night you saw us just bend over for Liverpool. 

The Klopp show means that they'll get all the decisions between now and May. Arsenal and Citeh will get nothing. Two of the most obvious pens you'll see all day and a card happy Ref looking to play his part in the Klopp love in farewell glory tour as well. We'll see that every week now. It isn't ineptitude, its corruption. The question is whether it is outright "brown envelopes" corruption or just the insidious kind where you have a officiating team looking to write their stories, go with the media narrative, make things happen because "its what the neutrals and sponsors want". 

Which is it? I suspect somewhere in the middle, but it is corruption nevertheless. Clear as day. You have Keith Hackett in the papers this morning making all sorts of excuses as to why the decisions were given the way they were because he and us can see plain as the blinding white of Klippity's Haywards that the decision was wrong. They both were. Sometimes errors cannot be explained by mere "we made a mistake in the heat of the moment" because of the sheer number of PROFESSIONAL PEOPLE looking at it. So you have to make excuses to try to muddy the waters and fend off calls for a review. 

But dwelling on the penalty calls and the laughably one-sided refereeing decisions is not helping. The fact is we got done by a better team who wanted it more than us. This I cannot excuse. People point to "when we were s*** in the 80s" (I was there in the latter part) as some sort of ointment for the hurt we feel when we watch this crap week in week out, but honestly, we were better in the 80s, even in the dark days, because we at least tried. We were crap and got beat a lot of the time but we at least tried. Our fanbase wouldn't tolerate anything else. But this is worse because you have an idiot coach who is an absolute charlatan, singularly unable to organise a pissup in a brewery let alone prepare football players for a game, with no plan, no discernible tactics and a team that cannot be bothered. They don't give a s***.  So then you get the whole bending over for the Klopp show thing as if we are some star struck lower league club just happy to be on telly. It makes me sick to my stomach to see it. 

THIS is how far we have fallen. 

Last night was the moment I changed my mind on Poch. I had been of the reasoned view that he was better than the Allardyces of this world who we would be able to replace him with, and that for better or worse we needed to give him time. 

Nope, not any more, sorry. The bloke is clueless. The team hasn't got a clue what they are supposed to be doing. They DONT CARE. You cannot tell me with the talent there is in that squad that nobody can mold a decent team from it. He's done nothing. We have made zero progress and in many ways have regressed even from last season's plunging depths of hapless crapness. Poch has done nothing, improved nothing, managed nothing, achieved less than nothing. The league cup final means nothing, and pointing to it as some sort of progress is silly, as if we aren't going to get a second dose of the Klopp cheeky wink pants down at Wembley. Poch hasnt got a clue what he is doing. Just go. 

Worrying too is the decline in certain players this season. I was very pleased with Enzo and Badiashile last season as very positive buys that brought genuine quality and had sky high ceilings. Both were quite jawdroppingly awful last night and both have been miles and miles off it this season. The regression there is astonishing. Chillwell I like but he had a nightmare last night, as did Gallagher. 

Something isn't right. 

All is not well behind the scenes. We've seen "palpable discord" enough times to know what it smells like. This stinks of it to high heaven, Chelsea stank the place out last night. It was probably the worst performance I've seen from us in living memory. Risible. Disastrous. Supine. Clueless. 

What you saw last night is a squad of clueless kids who can't be bothered and a laughably overrated charlatan of a manager who cannot lead them, motivate them, organise them or prepare them for matches. All set against a backdrop of a media-led agenda to give Klopp a farewell title and a club ownership cringing in embarrassment at having p*ssed a billion quid up the wall to take a team backwards because they and the idiots they employed know f*** all about football.  Flukey wins against Luton, Fulham and battering a crap Boro side do us no favours. They just muddy the waters and make the players and manager look better than they are. Its not helpful for us. 

The waters were plenty clear last night though, I see it with plunging sorrowful alacrity, I'm afraid. 

I no longer recognise this club. It isnt the Chelsea I supported as a boy and a man. We would never have bent over for the scousers like we did last night, It is shameful and embarrassing. I've honestly never felt so disconnected from the club. You want to talk about "palpable discord" well I am feeling pretty bloody palpably discordant this morning I can tell you. Chelsea are dead and the way these idiots are dancing on our grave makes me sick to my stomach. We're over, finished, ended. The Chelsea I loved has gone, never to return. 

We've gone from David Speedie, the Zenith Data Systems Cup, the best away support in the land, F**K EM ALL, Kerry Dixon, Di Matteo after 42 seconds, Gianluca Vialli, the only club in London with a European Cup and Super Frankie Lampard to...

...."Argylle", Astrid Wett, Mikhailo Mudryk, Todd bloody Boehly, breaking out the Vaseline at Anfield and a bowl of lemons. 

I feel sick just writing it. Truly, truly miserable. 

Rant over. 

Thanks for letting me get it off my chest.

"Reacharound"  😂

• Thanks 1

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

Broja going to depart today or not? I hope he does, he isn't good enough and brings nothing to our team. I'm most surprised that it's Fulham and Wolves interested... I don't think he's PL level.

The thing is , Fulham and Wolves will play to his strengths and not try to make him what he isn't .

Look at that header he scored the other week , that was as good a headed goal as your likely to see.

How many times have we tried it since? 

None. None more times.

We aren't being coached .

• Like 3
  • Agree 1