Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The thing is , Fulham and Wolves will play to his strengths and not try to make him what he isn't .

Look at that header he scored the other week , that was as good a headed goal as your likely to see.

How many times have we tried it since? 

None. None more times.

We aren't being coached .

Nail. On. Head.

Couldn't agree more. Spot on, Mark. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The thing is , Fulham and Wolves will play to his strengths and not try to make him what he isn't .

Look at that header he scored the other week , that was as good a headed goal as your likely to see.

None. None more times.

That is true… I still don’t think he’s good enough though.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

That is true.
But everything about Broja to me suggests he is a fine 30 year old big CB bullying CF in the making.  But he is 22.  

• Like 1

So we’ve gone from a valuation of 50m for Broja to you can take him off our hands for a 5m loan fee, and still no one is biting. And we’re going to be one striker down if someone does take us up on the offer. All that money spent and it’s come to this. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

So we’ve gone from a valuation of 50m for Broja to you can take him off our hands for a 5m loan fee, and still no one is biting. And we’re going to be one striker down if someone does take us up on the offer. All that money spent and it’s come to this. 

All comes across as desperate and hapless, one Billion of haplessness 

Winstanely and Laurence supremely culpable 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Is it the players who aren't good enough?

Is is the idiots who scouted and recruited them?

Is it the manager who couldn't manage to navigate his way out of bed in the morning?

Is it the idiots who bankrolled it all?

Is it the medical department who cannot keep anyone fit?

Are they all culpable? Do we need to change all of this before we are back where we need to be?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

None. None more times.

Absolutely. We have no plan in the final third. No crosses coming in. Our cutbacks are to nowhere, how many cutbacks reached it's target last night?

55 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Well the bs merchants have done.  Did anyone seriously think £50m was the expectation, let alone achievable?
Still no deal announced, I doubt he will be loaned even.   And was on the bench with Argylle yesterday.

19 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Well the bs merchants have done.  Did anyone seriously think £50m was the expectation, let alone achievable?
Still no deal announced, I doubt he will be loaned even.   And was on the bench with Argylle yesterday.

I think they were talking up 50m to make a more realistic 25m look like a good deal. 

Yes. And it looks that even a 5m loan for three months is proving a hard sell. 

26 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

I think they were talking up 50m to make a more realistic 25m look like a good deal. 

Yes. And it looks that even a 5m loan for three months is proving a hard sell. 

I don't think any of these player loans are done for any significant fees.  There is no evidence of it, just the estimates of the teenage scribblers.  Fulham would be doing us a favour for taking him.
He is a project not a current player.

14 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

I don't think any of these player loans are done for any significant fees.  There is no evidence of it, just the estimates of the teenage scribblers.  Fulham would be doing us a favour for taking him.
He is a project not a current player.

“Project”. I just hate that word in football. Not getting at you. Just the BS that surrounds it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Not sure of the maths on this one, but a loan fee of up to 4m is being quoted on social media…

Waiting for someone to shout loud enough so they can all decide on a common number.

7 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

It was against Preston North End.

His performance not long after at home to Middlesbrough had me in hysterics, but only because his ridiculous fuck ups bounced to team mates to bundle in.

37 minutes ago, Bison said:

Huge embarrassment for the Chuckle brothers, Winstanley and Stewart. 

Any truth to this and it demonstrates what little regard he's held in by the club.

I think he's wasting his time here as much we're wasting ours on him. He's nowhere near good enough to be an option for us and that is years off if it ever happens. 

I am pleased Broja is moving on, even if it is on loan. It’s the right move for him and the club to move him on… but, this is something they should have done in the summer and then replaced him in the squad for this season.

Final day of the window, for a minimal loan fee shows how little planning is going on at the club.

17 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I am pleased Broja is moving on, even if it is on loan. It’s the right move for him and the club to move him on… but, this is something they should have done in the summer and then replaced him in the squad for this season.

Final day of the window, for a minimal loan fee shows how little planning is going on at the club.

Yes. It was unbelievable that once Nkunku was seriously injured in preseason  the Board decided we were going into the new season with just Broja and Jackson as our main strikers. It’s professional negligence really.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

37 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I am not sure if its such a bad thing. Broja is on bad form and could get games at Fulham to up his price - 4 million is better than nothing and maybe there will be more biters in the summer. I'm okay with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

I think he's wasting his time here as much we're wasting ours on him. He's nowhere near good enough to be an option for us and that is years off if it ever happens. 

He is not the only dud at the club, unfortunately the other duds cost the club millions and are on 8 year contracts 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I am not sure if its such a bad thing. Broja is on bad form and could get games at Fulham to up his price - 4 million is better than nothing and maybe there will be more biters in the summer. I'm okay with it.

Odds Broja will hit the onion bag within his first 3 games at his loan club?