Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Our players will all be worth more when someone upstairs realises that Pochettino isn't "good with young players" and did OK at Spurs because they had Kane and Son and Aldeweireld and no other reason and even at his absolute peak Spurs remained Spursy. 

The board have invested heavily in the team and Pochettino is making them all worse at playing football. 

Surely someone will cotton onto that fact soon surely. 

Laughable

If you are that naïve to think it's Poch there must be a head wobbling institute somewhere who can help

Embarrassing frankly 

3 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Isn’t it obvious we’ve already fallen foul of our ludicrous overspending? FFP breach or not we’ve gone from splashing the cash to needing to sell our best player to generate cash flow. We don’t need to breach to wake up and realise - we’ve blown the vast majority or our budget and almost all of our assets have depreciated. We are relying on reselling those assets but none have any current market value. Therefore we place a premium on selling academy players and prefer to risk losing one of our best players this season in Gallagher. All the while we stay mid table as our identity and quality degrades. Some stability and growth happens but our rivals grow faster and have their eyes on the prize.

It is worrying. We're already seeing the implications of the profligacy of Toddey and his bunch of Muppets. Was meant to be in a season or two. 

We've gone from a considerable net position to having to flog off players in January in an obvious and desperate attempt to address the sheer scale of ineptitude and waste previously. 

I mean we could be abject short term isn't thinkers and blame the manager or you could grasp the severity of the ineptitude of the board and their ex Brighton flunkees and see the real issue.

Then again The Sun intellect of a dog whistled generation, it's far easier to blame one individual 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, blueboy1905 said:

Fofana at the double. Todd and the boys will be getting a stiffy thinking about the profit !!

Happy for him to be honest, because his loan spell at Union Berlin wasn’t good. 

37 minutes ago, patThenevin said:

It is worrying. We're already seeing the implications of the profligacy of Toddey and his bunch of Muppets. Was meant to be in a season or two. 

We've gone from a considerable net position to having to flog off players in January in an obvious and desperate attempt to address the sheer scale of ineptitude and waste previously. 

I mean we could be abject short term isn't thinkers and blame the manager or you could grasp the severity of the ineptitude of the board and their ex Brighton flunkees and see the real issue.

Then again The Sun intellect of a dog whistled generation, it's far easier to blame one individual 

Just for clarification I'm certainly not blaming one individual. 

I'm saying Pochettino can't coach. 

8 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

What yes man can we lure to the club to replace him though? Maybe we can find someone on this forum. 

11 hours ago, patThenevin said:

We sent Broja and Maatsen out on loan, both of which were clearly struggling for minutes in the first team and weren’t making the impact the club had hoped.

We then loaned out Fofana to a PL club after he came back from an unsuccessful loan at Union Berlin and Santos to Strasbourg after an unsuccessful loan at Nottingham Forest.

Finally, we loaned out 3 other kids to get some first team experience for the remainder of the season.

So I can’t quite see where the ‘flog off players in January in an obvious and desperate attempt to address the sheer scale of ineptitude and waste previousl’ has happened?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yep neither Potter or  SFL,  could get a tune out of this bag of dolly mixtures put together by scouts and owners ego's.

It quite clear, where the common denominator of the problem lies

Edited by ROTG

16 hours ago, blueboy1905 said:

Fofana at the double. Todd and the boys will be getting a stiffy thinking about the profit !!

he could be a break even purchase if Burnley decide to sign him for there Championship adventure next season 😮

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

We sent Broja and Maatsen out on loan, both of which were clearly struggling for minutes in the first team and weren’t making the impact the club had hoped.

We then loaned out Fofana to a PL club after he came back from an unsuccessful loan at Union Berlin and Santos to Strasbourg after an unsuccessful loan at Nottingham Forest.

Finally, we loaned out 3 other kids to get some first team experience for the remainder of the season.

So I can’t quite see where the ‘flog off players in January in an obvious and desperate attempt to address the sheer scale of ineptitude and waste previousl’ has happened?

They are clearly being sent out to get miles on the clock which may make them a more desirable purchase in the summer "If all the stars & planets align during their loans 😀 "

The Athletic is saying Enzo wants to leave.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if that is true! Big question is how much would we be offered for him now and the minimum we'd let him go for??  The market looks to be flattening so I honestly can't see anyone bidding more than £70m, if that.

2 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

The Athletic is saying Enzo wants to leave.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if that is true! Big question is how much would we be offered for him now and the minimum we'd let him go for??  The market looks to be flattening so I honestly can't see anyone bidding more than £70m, if that.

Why is it everything the Athletic ever says is something people have speculated about here on the forum already.
It is not as though we can predict real events that well.  But we are brilliant at predicting what the Athletic writes.

Do you think they just guess and write it up too?

2 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Not that I believe this to be true, but pretending it is for a minute the bigger question is probably who would need him? 

• Real Madrid have their midfield sorted already.
  • Barcelona are broke.
  • No Serie A side could afford to take him. 
  • Bayern and PSG are possibilities, but IMO are unlikely candidates with other options or needs first.

This more or less leaves another Premier League clubs, and with the way PSR is at present that may limit those who'd be able to spend the sort of fee needed. 

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

Not that I believe this to be true, but pretending it is for a minute the bigger question is probably who would need him? 

• Real Madrid have their midfield sorted already.
  • Barcelona are broke.
  • No Serie A side could afford to take him. 
  • Bayern and PSG are possibilities, but IMO are unlikely candidates with other options or needs first.

This more or less leaves another Premier League clubs, and with the way PSR is at present that may limit those who'd be able to spend the sort of fee needed. 

One can only hope he learns the Jorghino role pronto, or else a 7 year dud on the clubs hands if I am understanding your quote. 

3 hours ago, Dwmh said:

Why is it everything the Athletic ever says is something people have speculated about here on the forum already.
It is not as though we can predict real events that well.  But we are brilliant at predicting what the Athletic writes.

Do you think they just guess and write it up too?

I know Simon Johnson had a glass or two of sherry,  round Cundy’s house after the wolves game.

Maybe that’s his Chelsea insider 😀

4 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

I warned about a world cup wonderHe has failed for us and he has the cheek to look for a move!

24 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I warned about a world cup wonderHe has failed for us and he has the cheek to look for a move!

We've got one midfielder that's done well this season in Gallagher, the rest have blown hot and cold in a midfield that has largely lacked order and cohesion - a coaching problem. 

Last season Enzo was far and away our best player after his arrival, coinciding with also being one of the best midfielders in the league. That doesn't just evaporate 6 months later. While we know he's also played continuous football for the last 18 months and has struggled with a hernia, which we don't really known if fully recovered from or not. 

From a statistical standpoint he still ranks quite favourably in many relevant areas, the notable drop coming defensive compared to last season but that's also in part to no longer playing that holding type role he initially took up after Jorginho left. 

You stick him in Man City or Liverpool's midfield and he'd get a lot more recognition.

By all means he hasn't performed as ideally liked but he's far from failed us either. 

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

I think we might have to wait for the summer, where we finish in the league and of the club gets European  football to see the movers and shakers.

however if Enzo has any other ideas than reverting back to a Jorginho / Fabergas role, then it’s time to move him. He really does not have the pace to be dynamic midfielder in the PL. 

7 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

If you were pissing your career away in a dysfunctional midfield where every week you're looking like a worse player because the coach is an absolute idiot , I expect we'd all want to leave. 

That said he needs to be playing nearer our goal than theirs and rumour has it that he sees himself as a more attack minded player and sadly in this league he hasn't the legs for it .

If Pochettino can get the pivot working ( which is a laughable request to be honest) then Enzo I am sure will be back to his best and happy to stay.

9 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

In which case he's going nowhere. 

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

If you were pissing your career away in a dysfunctional midfield where every week you're looking like a worse player because the coach is an absolute idiot , I expect we'd all want to leave. 

That said he needs to be playing nearer our goal than theirs and rumour has it that he sees himself as a more attack minded player and sadly in this league he hasn't the legs for it .

If Pochettino can get the pivot working ( which is a laughable request to be honest) then Enzo I am sure will be back to his best and happy to stay.

Tbh I don’t think he really wanted to come. Like so many of our signings, imo the Enzo deal didn’t “feel” right. 

10 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

So just looking at it from an FFP perspective, have I got this right:

We signed him for £106.8m on an 8 year contract

For the Summer 2024 transfer window, he will have been with us for 1.5 years

£106.8m divided by 8 year contract is £13.35m per year cost on the books

£13.35m multiplied by 1.5 years he has been with us is £20.025m

£106.8m minus £20.025m is £86.775m in total

So we would need to sell him for at least £86.775m to break even on the books?

4 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

So we would need to sell him for at least £86.775m to break even on the books?

Who is going to pay that much money for a mid PL table player.

Maybe Todd & Co are hoping their rewards will be reaped after 2026 WC? 

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I agree with the sentiment that the coaching is not helping, but one part Enzo needs to personally improve himself on individually is his shooting. He gets into good shooting positions often and wastes them, either on target but not troubling the keeper or blazed over. If he sees himself as more of an attacker he needs to prove it.

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Who is going to pay that much money for a mid PL table player.

Maybe Todd & Co are hoping their rewards will be reaped after 2026 WC? 

Well I suppose we can say at least there is that.

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan
  • Agree 1