Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

I don't think any of our players are "shit". I think some are overrated and frequently disappoint. Others are underrated. It changes with time. I went from thinking KK would be very good and then to seeing a lot of shortcomings, and now I still find myself unconvinced but hopeful. The same can be said of players like RLC. We can let him go and wish him well, but that doesn't make him a shit player. Indeed, they are not all up to the standard we would like, but they would probably play every week on some other sides in the league and be lionised by their fans. Maybe I am being too fussy.   

6 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I don't think any of our players are "shit". I think some are overrated and frequently disappoint. Others are underrated. It changes with time. I went from thinking KK would be very good and then to seeing a lot of shortcomings, and now I still find myself unconvinced but hopeful. The same can be said of players like RLC. We can let him go and wish him well, but that doesn't make him a shit player. Indeed, they are not all up to the standard we would like, but they would probably play every week on some other sides in the league and be lionised by their fans. Maybe I am being too fussy.   

What can I say. It’s a relative term and in my opinion some of them *are* shit. Too slow, too weak and just not good. At all. 

• Agree 2

It's probably just me, but I am not someone who has very decided views about these things, probably as a result of getting it wrong too often. As you say, it is a matter of opinion. 

31 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

It's probably just me, but I am not someone who has very decided views about these things, probably as a result of getting it wrong too often. As you say, it is a matter of opinion. 

Not having a go at you bro but it’s funny how people here (inc myself) will rip players to shreds on match day, but when you dare to say the truth - that some just aren’t up to it - then all hell breaks loose. Dare I say it but some people here can be a little hypocritical and self-important at times. It takes all sorts eh! 🤣♥️ 

12 hours ago, martin1905 said:

Could see him doing really well there. The slower tempo and style of Italian football will suit him down to the groud.

I mentioned a little while ago that I saw a lot of Christensen for the youth and the same applies to Ruben, I thought we had an absolute superstar on our hands, he was a phenomenon, so much bigger and stronger than everyone and very good technically with more than enough pace. He was a freak at youth level and I thought he would go on to be our Yaya Toure. He had everything, and some.

Wish him all the luck in the world. I still think he could be special but that's just me being sentimental remembering just how good he was.

Agree with this. For me, he is another in a fairly long line of academy products who have not fulfilled their potential after looking like potential superstars at a very young age. Bruma, Kakuta and McEachran are other examples, as are CHO and Gilmour. RLC has had far more success than them, but he has rarely hit the heights with us in a pretty long career. 

I really hope he can shine in Italy. and enjoys the success that Tammy and Tomori have.  (and Ampadu, too, at far less prestigious clubs). He's been very loyal and patient in all his years with us. I'll be amazed but very happy if we get 30m€ for him. My feeling is that the expected exodus will not bring in the revenue we hope.

Edited by Backbiter

12 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Just get him and all the shit off the books! 

Language Timothy - In future please replace the offending word with something less offensive like poop, doggy doo, number twos, big jobs, plop plops, Mr Hanky 😀

I'll get my coat

Edited by ROTG
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

I've never been unnecessarily rude to you. I've not even been necessarily rude to you. I have merely pointed out that as a moderator you do not act with an even hand...  something which Chara accidentally confirmed (though I'm sure he didn't mean that to happen when he did so) when he said he'd received private warnings from you (having never received public warnings). That he receives these private warnings whilst all the chiding you do of me is very much public just proves my point that you are not capable of moderating in an even-handed way. That's all.

All official complaints to be addressed to @My Blood Is Blue c/o CFCnet.uk HQ 😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Not having a go at you bro but it’s funny how people here (inc myself) will rip players to shreds on match day, but when you dare to say the truth - that some just aren’t up to it - then all hell breaks loose. Dare I say it but some people here can be a little hypocritical and self-important at times. It takes all sorts eh! 🤣♥️ 

The implication here is that someone who has been chosen to represent the club 272 times by various different managers at different levels, including 100 times in the Premier League, has represented England at Youth and Senior levels, has won trophies for us, as well as representing two other Premier League clubs and is thought to be worth about £25m (according to Transfermrkt) should correctly be described as "shit". 

Edited by Sciatika

15 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

The implication here is that someone who has been chosen to represent the club 272 times by various different managers at different levels, including 100 times in the Premier League, has represented England at Youth and Senior levels, has won trophies for us, as well as representing two other Premier League clubs and is thought to be worth about £25m (according to Transfermrkt) should correctly be described as "shit". 

You don’t know who I’m referring to. But if you mean RLC then yes I do think he’s shit tbh! 

Being realistic - every single member of our first team squad is one of the best footballers on the planet. Whilst I get that's how people talk about people down the pub etc. it's quite clearly wrong to suggest anyone is sh*t - just maybe not good enough for where Chelsea want to be which is the best team in the world and few players are good enough for that and it's not a lsight on them.

• Agree 3

All depends on how you look at it. Clearly Loftus cheek is not shit at football. He is better than 99% of the population.

But I think some take it too literally. For me anyone who is not good enough for us, my local team, my 5 a side team, or even my boys team are generally described as 'shit'. 

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Underwhelming / mediocre has a better ring to it . 😁

Of course you are right but we all get carried away sometimes, mostly out of frustration.

As has been said before, witness the matchday threads 😳

Latest list of departees: 

“Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Mateo Kovacic, Christian Pulisic, Hakim Ziyech, Edouard Mendy, Callum Hudson-Odoi and Ruben Loftus-Cheek are all set to be cleared to leave by Chelsea as Pochettino looks to streamline the squad.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-fc-transfer-news-mauricio-pochettino-b1082269.html

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

You don’t know who I’m referring to. But if you mean RLC then yes I do think he’s shit tbh! 

He's been used for years to plug gaps out of position.  Just when he looked like reaching his full potential we agreed to a totally pointless post-season friendly and totally banjaxed him. 

He's a big unit with surprisingly good ball skills but unfortunately, not quite at the game changing level we need to compete with City.

Certainly not shit by any measure.

2 hours ago, JaneB said:

Of course you are right but we all get carried away sometimes, mostly out of frustration.

As has been said before, witness the matchday threads 😳

You have the right to lose your shit in the match day thread. 

Anything you say during a game cannot be taken down and used against you. 

• Haha 2