Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

7 hours ago, Ham said:

Ok so rudimentary enquires show;

Bought for the current first team squad and not subsequently re-sold = £845.20m 

Less Sales = £270m

Net cost of first team squad purchases under TBSD = £575.20m

Humour me but take away Lavia, Nkunku and Fofana, who we have barely been able to use and we are actually benefitting from £399.2m net worth of purchases under TBSD.  Not bad for a PL squad. 

One billion pound squad myth debunked. 

Made this very point from the beginning that our spending requires a large degree of context, not many wanted to listen however. 

A lot of money has been invested towards the future opposed to immediate present day improvement. Heck, as shown there's quite a lot of that investment not even being at the club or capable of playing. 

The one billion pounds is just a nice little tagline which allows for a bigger stick to be wielded around.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ham said:

Would it be possible for someone particularly smart and patient on here to take the time to scratch a metaphorical itch for me?

I want to know how much money has been spent in the TBSD era.

Then I want that split into;

1) Players bought specifically for the current first team squad

2) Players bought for the future including players still with their previous clubs until a certain date, loans and young academy players.

Then I want confirmation as to how much we've recouped from sales during that period.

I'm keen to debunk the"billion pound team" myth once and for all.

One billion or half a billion. The money been spent poorly when you consider where the club was and where it is now. 

The club over the years has brought one or two dudes who were quickly moved on or loaned out, but I cannot remember in all my years of a Chelsea squad being full of so many duds. 

Those who think this squad will come good have been eating marshmallow pies with rocking horse people. 

Fook me we now have people posting we are only xx points from a Europa League place.

Rant Over and off to find the missing members of the flock 😀

Edited by ROTG
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ham said:

Ok so rudimentary enquires show;

Bought for the current first team squad and not subsequently re-sold = £845.20m 

Less Sales = £270m

Net cost of first team squad purchases under TBSD = £575.20m

Humour me but take away Lavia, Nkunku and Fofana, who we have barely been able to use and we are actually benefitting from £399.2m net worth of purchases under TBSD.  Not bad for a PL squad. 

One billion pound squad myth debunked. 

You will never get a job with KPMG.

But have a real tallent to be the Chancellor of the exchequer 😀

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

Made this very point from the beginning that our spending requires a large degree of context, not many wanted to listen however. 

A lot of money has been invested towards the future opposed to immediate present day improvement. Heck, as shown there's quite a lot of that investment not even being at the club or capable of playing. 

The one billion pounds is just a nice little tagline which allows for a bigger stick to be wielded around.

Usual poop. 

Mid table has a direct impact on the club's revenue stream, with losses from sponsorship, TV, additional games at the ground etc. to name a few.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Ham said:

Would it be possible for someone particularly smart and patient on here to take the time to scratch a metaphorical itch for me?

I want to know how much money has been spent in the TBSD era.

Then I want that split into;

1) Players bought specifically for the current first team squad

2) Players bought for the future including players still with their previous clubs until a certain date, loans and young academy players.

Then I want confirmation as to how much we've recouped from sales during that period.

I'm keen to debunk the"billion pound team" myth once and for all.

To be fair some commentators on-line recognise we have sold well making the net figure well below a billion perhaps 750m or near-abouts yet the billion 'dollar/ pound' flops is a more catchy headline and so they go with the gross figure for purchases. It is about media cashing in using hyperbole to get more online-hits.

The BBC here have coverage on Wolves getting no sanctions for two seasons of losses. we have the concept of precedent in English law not sure this would work for us yet interesting none-the-less.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68456113

Cant help but watch Sheffield United last night against the Goons and wonder whether they would ever play that badly against us? No. 

We'd go there and nick a point. 

• Agree 1

On 04/03/2024 at 09:08, Morgs said:

God Brentford was effing dreadful wasnt it? 

Anyone on here still "Poch In"? 

Not me.  @Mark Kelly ???? 🤣

2 hours ago, Morgs said:

Cant help but watch Sheffield United last night against the Goons and wonder whether they would ever play that badly against us? No. 

We'd go there and nick a point. 

I didn't see the match but was it a case that Arsenal were just too good?  They are getting insufferable and I'm  really praying they fall at the last hurdle. 

I hate Liverpool with a passion but we're already used to the media adulation so it would be nothing new.  I would just switch off completely and not look or listen to anything to do with them.

• Agree 4

My problem with the whole Poch Out thing is that I have seen a list of potential replacements. Most I would not touch with a barge pole, and the rest won't join before Summer anyway. Sheff Utd or Burnley cannot overtake us already. We need four points from the likes of Burnley (H), Sheff Utd (A), Forest(A), and Everton (H) to be almost sure of not being relegated. The only available trophy is the FA Cup. So, I would stick with Poch (rather than a caretaker) until the Summer, and then I would see where we are.

On 04/03/2024 at 09:08, Morgs said:

Anyone on here still "Poch In"? 

I've seem enough positives  this season to want him to have another season.

Cup final. Favs to get to another semi final. Much more end product from the midfield. More goals. Decent keeper.

Lot to work and improve on for sure, but I think its unfair to expect improvements in every part of the team  in less that one season. Also sick of us never giving managers  the same time other clubs give their managers.  If we're not top six next season then i will want Poch to be moved on.

Even without new signings, next season we might have a fit Nkunku, Lavia, Chuck, W Fofana. That's like having four new players ready to go. Hopefully a fit James too. They alone would add significant stength in depth to our team. If things go right for us, I could even  see us challenging the likes of Villa Spurs and Utd for fourth place.

• Like 1

Also want to see whether the management (why do I get a mental image of Hale and Paice) plan to bring in an experienced striker. What we do about Poch has the be part of a plan that includes what we do on many other fronts (medical department, coaching, players, etc.).

Edited by Sciatika

19 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

I've seem enough positives  this season to want him to have another season.

Cup final. Favs to get to another semi final. Much more end product from the midfield. More goals. Decent keeper.

Lot to work and improve on for sure, but I think its unfair to expect improvements in every part of the team  in less that one season. Also sick of us never giving managers  the same time other clubs give their managers.  If we're not top six next season then i will want Poch to be moved on.

Even without new signings, next season we might have a fit Nkunku, Lavia, Chuck, W Fofana. That's like having four new players ready to go. Hopefully a fit James too. They alone would add significant stength in depth to our team. If things go right for us, I could even  see us challenging the likes of Villa Spurs and Utd for fourth place.

Im currently in the "let him start next season and he has until Xmas to sink or swim" camp. What you say about those 5 players, including James is bob on though. That's like half a new team.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

I could even  see us challenging the likes of Villa Spurs and Utd for fourth place.

How expectations have change over the past couple of years. 

Todd and Eggy just keep giving. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Yeah, so different from challenging Utd, Spurs and Leicester for 4th place like the last 7 years.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, McCreadie said:

Yeah, so different from challenging Utd, Spurs and Leicester for 4th place like the last 7 years.

But that was never the mindset at the begining with most of those squads on paper being capable of 90pts, with the exception of Frank's first season. 

Bit like now a 70pts squad on paper in the eyes of the some, reality 50pts squad. 

Edited by ROTG

I think it’s going to be very difficult for Poch to get the fans back on side, now they’ve started chanting f*ck off Mauricio, cup runs just paper over the cracks. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, ROTG said:

I'm just accepting the reality of where we currently are. You'd have to be extremely deluded to think we can go from our current level to challenge City, Liverpool and Arsenal next season. 

Challenging for fourth is possible though. If we can do that next season,  then the season after we look to progress to the next level of challenging the top teams. 

On 06/03/2024 at 00:36, Sciatika said:

My problem with the whole Poch Out thing is that I have seen a list of potential replacements. Most I would not touch with a barge pole, and the rest won't join before Summer anyway. Sheff Utd or Burnley cannot overtake us already. We need four points from the likes of Burnley (H), Sheff Utd (A), Forest(A), and Everton (H) to be almost sure of not being relegated. The only available trophy is the FA Cup. So, I would stick with Poch (rather than a caretaker) until the Summer, and then I would see where we are.

It's also worth noting at what other jobs are going to be available in the summer. We already know Barca, Bayern and Liverpool are going to be hiring a new manager. Those are three big jobs right there. We may even see Man Utd on that list, along with Juventus and most likely Leverkusen. So there's going to be some big vacancies for some of the more renown managers to take up. Then of course there's possibly us on top, and anything else that may pop up between now and seasons end. 

Trying to find a worthwhile alternative may actually be tough this upcoming summer, so I'll not be surprised if Poch is here going into next season and ultimately see's out his initial contract.

• Agree 1

Hear me out (while I wait for my panini to toast) 

We give James, Fofana, Badiashile, Lavia and Nkunku until the summer to get fully fit and stable. Don't rush them back, let them get fully fit. 

We sack Poch and bring in Tuchel at the end of the season. Tell him (and the media) that we are looking for top six and that this is the target for the season. 

We move on Lukaku, D Fofana, Sterling, Silva, Broja, Cucurella, Kepa, Ziyech, Sanchez, Sarr, Maatsen, Anjorin and Hall for a respectable chunk of change. 

We push Mudryk, Washington,  Santos, Casadei,  Moreira, Hutchinson, Vale, Gabriel, Burstow, Castledine, Webster out on loan.  

We sign a proper centre forward who can play on his own up top, hold the ball up etc, but also play up top with Nkunku behind him on his shoulder as a two. 

We sign a proper left back who will really push Chillwell, ala Malo Gusto sort of player. Must be able to play left back or left wing back. 

We sign a genuinely top class left winger who scores goals and can make things happen. 

Which leaves us:

Keepers - Petrovic, Slonina and Bettinelli

Left backs - Chillwell, Sturge and a new signing

Right backs - James and Gusto

Centre halves - W Fofana, Colwill, Disasi, Badiashile, Gilchrist

Defensive midfielders - Caicedo, Lavia and Ugochukwu

Attacking midfielders - Gallagher, Enzo, Chukwuemeka, Golding

Left wingers - new signing, Palmer

Right wingers - Madueke, Matos 

Strikers - new signing, Jackson, Nkunku

Tuchel reverts to a classic back four with a DM sitting in front of the centrehalves and a number eight ahead of him covering all the space and working super hard to get up and down and press. We have a number ten further up the pitch who links up and makes runs from deep, with two out and out wingers and a target man up top. The focus is on moving the ball quickly and beating the press, mixing the play up with moving it through the  middle or out wide or knocking it long to bypass a deep press. 

He makes Colwill the skipper and James the vice-Captain. 

....anyone see where I am going with this? 

Anyone reckon it could work?

• Agree 2

@Morgs.....yep it should work and I agree with your breakdown except I would like to see a bit more "character" related signings.

Unfortunately...and not a dig at you,,,This is really a Yellow Brick Road path forward but far too reasonable to ever come to pass.

• Like 1

Love your posts @Morgs  (and what you're waiting for!!)

I'll leave it to more knowledgeable others to pick the bones out of what you've said but your contributions are awesome 👌 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Just read the following..."and he is too fast, too strong and too good" referring to a player scoring in Europe.

Any idea who that might be ?...for which team and against which defender/team.... just asking ....🤯

On 02/03/2024 at 00:56, ROTG said:

One billion or half a billion. The money been spent poorly when you consider where the club was and where it is now. 

The club over the years has brought one or two dudes who were quickly moved on or loaned out, but I cannot remember in all my years of a Chelsea squad being full of so many duds. 

Those who think this squad will come good have been eating marshmallow pies with rocking horse people. 

Fook me we now have people posting we are only xx points from a Europa League place.

Rant Over and off to find the missing members of the flock 😀

Absolutely.

The descent by some trying to talk away the grand scale mismanagement of the club is somewhat laughable, if it were not for the future of the club being irrevocably woven to the pants of these absolute weapons of corporatocracy.

Absolutely no one should be explaining away saying 'oh these players aren't got now', particularly when now means commercial imperatives we must land sooner rather than later to a avoid points deductions and a spiral of financial losses

Not seeing the level of duddery, whilst also thinking this clown trope will some how get it right in the future is naive soppery.

On 02/03/2024 at 11:07, jasonb said:

To be fair some commentators on-line recognise we have sold well making the net figure well below a billion perhaps 750m or near-abouts yet the billion 'dollar/ pound' flops is a more catchy headline and so they go with the gross figure for purchases. It is about media cashing in using hyperbole to get more online-hits.

The BBC here have coverage on Wolves getting no sanctions for two seasons of losses. we have the concept of precedent in English law not sure this would work for us yet interesting none-the-less.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68456113

HAD, past tense, sold well

The clown show transfer window just passed showed our new level under the arrogants and incompetents.