Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

14 hours ago, chara said:

Just read the following..."and he is too fast, too strong and too good" referring to a player scoring in Europe.

Any idea who that might be ?...for which team and against which defender/team.... just asking ....🤯

It is very obviously Nicholas Jackson. Clever mindgames from the Chels there. 

6 hours ago, Morgs said:

It is very obviously Nicholas Jackson. Clever mindgames from the Chels there. 

Hmm ..not that I expect a response to my often somewhat wayward posts but did think I would get a tad more respnse for the one replied to by @Morgs

Not sure if it was TIC by Big M,,,but the quote was from a game in progress as I wrote..BBC I think....

Late, last belated request anyone have any idea who?

On 04/03/2024 at 09:08, Morgs said:

God Brentford was effing dreadful wasnt it? 

Anyone on here still "Poch In"? 

Morgerino. How are you? Has your coffee cooled down? I am literally waiting for mine to do so!  🤣👀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Giving Poch even one game for next season is madness let alone giving him until Xmas. It means a third terrible season. 

I said in October 2023 that our league season was over and I was derided by it. 

I don’t want the next shiny new toy like some people do. We did that with Potter and look what happened.

Uncle Carlo, Antonio or Tommy Tee for me, please. 💯🫡👀🤩

Edited by Chelsea_Matt

28 minutes ago, chara said:

Hmm ..not that I expect a response to my often somewhat wayward posts but did think I would get a tad more respnse for the one replied to by @Morgs

Not sure if it was TIC by Big M,,,but the quote was from a game in progress as I wrote..BBC I think....

Late, last belated request anyone have any idea who?

Please will you put us out of our misery Chara!!!

21 hours ago, chara said:

Just read the following..."and he is too fast, too strong and too good" referring to a player scoring in Europe.

Any idea who that might be ?...for which team and against which defender/team.... just asking ....🤯

I’m going to guess that the scorer was our very own Augustus Gloop lookalike, Mr Romelu Lukaku but I haven’t a scoobies who the defender/team were as for some reason European fixtures hold little interest for me these days.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Giving Poch even one game for next season is madness let alone giving him until Xmas. It means a third terrible season. 

I said in October 2023 that our league season was over and I was derided by it. 

I don’t want the next shiny new toy like some people do. We did that with Potter and look what happened.

AVB,Scolari, RDM (reluctantly) Grant,Potter and again reluctantly and after a good first season given the restrictions..SFL.

Most here,if not all, over different time period conclusions...knew all were not going to work at Chelsea..different reasons and different results but ultimately👎

Same with The Poch,,if we want a below average coach producing below average results but not quite bad enough to take Chelsea into relegation then stick with him..I believe most here know that and are reacting accordingly.

A good/great coach makes the best of what he has,,that's one of the facets of coaching ,,,example?,,remember Demba Ba day?....I remember the shudder at the side that walked out at Anfield...not so much individual players but the one's that were missing and the circumstances...a triumph of spirit and coaching on the day...can anyone imagine that happening today?..oversimplification of course but what do we want/expect/accept? Mid/lower table obscurity but safety ?

Who else is "Spartacus" (or " I'm Mark Kelly") ?

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Please will you put us out of our misery Chara!!!

Hmm.....it was ..gulp....Lukaku against Dunk...........and without looking back at it the opening line was "He pounced!!!!!!"

Truly we are in "The Twilight Zone."

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, chrisb said:

I’m going to guess that the scorer was our very own Augustus Gloop lookalike, Mr Romelu Lukaku but I haven’t a scoobies who the defender/team were as for some reason European fixtures hold little interest for me these days.

Well done chris...see above for the team and opponent...🧚‍♂️

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chara said:

Hmm.....it was ..gulp....Lukaku against Dunk...........and without looking back at it the opening line was "He pounced!!!!!!"

He pounced as he saw a glimpse of the back of the defenders shirt and thought that “in’ donuts” was what followed the bit he’d seen!

Edited by chrisb
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, chara said:

AVB,Scolari, RDM (reluctantly) Grant,Potter and again reluctantly and after a good first season given the restrictions..SFL.

Most here,if not all, over different time period conclusions...knew all were not going to work at Chelsea..different reasons and different results but ultimately👎

Same with The Poch,,if we want a below average coach producing below average results but not quite bad enough to take Chelsea into relegation then stick with him..I believe most here know that and are reacting accordingly.

A good/great coach makes the best of what he has,,that's one of the facets of coaching ,,,example?,,remember Demba Ba day?....I remember the shudder at the side that walked out at Anfield...not so much individual players but the one's that were missing and the circumstances...a triumph of spirit and coaching on the day...can anyone imagine that happening today?..oversimplification of course but what do we want/expect/accept? Mid/lower table obscurity but safety ?

Who else is "Spartacus" (or " I'm Mark Kelly") ?

Who would you go for? 👀🤔 🇺🇸 🇬🇧 

2 hours ago, chara said:

Googled that and got Derrick Rose ...

29 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Who would you go for? 👀🤔 🇺🇸 🇬🇧 

That is question Emoji Master.... I really have no idea.....From The Doc with a straight playing to Boss to a proven experienced TT the successful ones at Chelsea have come from such a variety of backgrounds..The Media regular fawning over their current "Comer" has never been a guide and to use an outdated line..'The Fickle Finger of Fate" seems to have been as much of an influence as anything...came the hour came the man or such,,,,Sexton was always a favourite of mine but never was as successful as at Chelsea..JM came as a fresh new face with success elsewhere and went on to an "interesting" post Chelsea career !

So..... to sum up I have no F'ing idea!🪂🚣‍♂️

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Googled that and got Derrick Rose ...

and Sca Fell....ok not a good response but googled a lot of Fell surnames in an attempt at being smarty pants but unfortunately for me (saved?) most had unsuitable backgrounds for a clever posting!

The player at the heart of my original posting,,to follow on from a doughnut reference.....I'm not sure if you or any members are familiar with the  "Dunkin Donuts" chain over here....I'm thinking YKW is and saw Dunk on the shirt and..well...."Pounced"

14 minutes ago, chara said:

That is question Emoji Master.... I really have no idea.....From The Doc with a straight playing to Boss to a proven experienced TT the successful ones at Chelsea have come from such a variety of backgrounds..The Media regular fawning over their current "Comer" has never been a guide and to use an outdated line..'The Fickle Finger of Fate" seems to have been as much of an influence as anything...came the hour came the man or such,,,,Sexton was always a favourite of mine but never was as successful as at Chelsea..JM came as a fresh new face with success elsewhere and went on to an "interesting" post Chelsea career !

So..... to sum up I have no F'ing idea!🪂🚣‍♂️

👀 

If people are going to pick a new coach, please, please, please let it not be a favourite of MOTD pundits. Or someone who had a particularly good season managing in the Championship or who did really well on a limited budget.

Edited by Sciatika
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

If people are going to pick a new coach, please, please, please let it not be a favourite of MOTD pundits. Or someone who had a particularly good season managing in the Championship or who did really well on a limited budget.

Unfortunately that about the clubs level now. When the likes of  Enrique and Naglesmann walk away at the interview stage last summer,  tells you the appeal of the club these days.

Edited by ROTG

4 hours ago, chara said:

What was your expectations of the squad this season. 50pts, 60pts, 70pts, 80pts?

sledging a coach is fine, however you must of had a target in your head on where the team would finish this season. 

just asking to understand the reason for the sledging 

32 minutes ago, ROTG said:

What was your expectations of the squad this season. 50pts, 60pts, 70pts, 80pts?

sledging a coach is fine, however you must of had a target in your head on where the team would finish this season. 

just asking to understand the reason for the sledging 

Poor average coach...with no past record of good work apart from the "Coming" phase at Soton..but did expect a little more than we have seen even taking into account some adverse factors......60 points if I give it some thought.

Or maybe my reply should be ,,imho...he's crap and an imposter,...(IMK!)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Ancelotti - Will be 65 in a few months time and a great man manager with elite players, no real prior history developing a young team or young players that aren't already considered world class. Would likely be a short term appointment given the stage of his career. 

Conte - Volatile to say the least. Again, no real history building or nurturing a young team or players. Tenures at clubs tend to be very short.

Tuchel - Dismissed under current ownership with no information outlying the state of their current relationship. Would be walking into a job that's entirely different to what he previously stepped into. Can clash with players and ownership, as shown across spells at other clubs. Would imagine he'd have to change his approach to stand any chance of a return. Did struggle more towards the backend of his time here. 

All very good managers in their own right but not 100% sure they're the right fit for where we are right now IMO. Granted, we'd see greater tactical benefits. 

On 06/03/2024 at 23:44, xceleryx said:

It's also worth noting at what other jobs are going to be available in the summer. We already know Barca, Bayern and Liverpool are going to be hiring a new manager. Those are three big jobs right there. We may even see Man Utd on that list, along with Juventus and most likely Leverkusen. So there's going to be some big vacancies for some of the more renown managers to take up. Then of course there's possibly us on top, and anything else that may pop up between now and seasons end. 

Trying to find a worthwhile alternative may actually be tough this upcoming summer, so I'll not be surprised if Poch is here going into next season and ultimately see's out his initial contract.

Luckily for us there are two elite managers available who would probably both return here, judging by how highly they both regard us.

They may not be perfect,  they may both have their flaws, ironically very similar flaws but there is no denying both are levels above Pochettino. Also, because of their flaws, neither will be wanted by most, if not all, the clubs you mentioned. 

People can make all the arguments in the world why they don't think either are best suited to the  job here but not a single argument would stand up to them NOT being infinitely better suited than Poch .

We are super, super lucky that Tuchel and Mourinho would even contemplate us because of the state we are in but you absolutely do not turn down the opportunity to hire either of them and stick with the current manager, not unless your run  by muppets................

Edited by martin1905
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Ancelotti - Will be 65 in a few months time and a great man manager with elite players, no real prior history developing a young team or young players that aren't already considered world class. Would likely be a short term appointment given the stage of his career. 

Conte - Volatile to say the least. Again, no real history building or nurturing a young team or players. Tenures at clubs tend to be very short.

Tuchel - Dismissed under current ownership with no information outlying the state of their current relationship. Would be walking into a job that's entirely different to what he previously stepped into. Can clash with players and ownership, as shown across spells at other clubs. Would imagine he'd have to change his approach to stand any chance of a return. Did struggle more towards the backend of his time here. 

All very good managers in their own right but not 100% sure they're the right fit for where we are right now IMO. Granted, we'd see greater tactical benefits. 

I see it differently. Highly intelligent tacticians who would organise, galvanise and coach the side. I take your points but no one is perfect. 

IMO I just don’t want the latest shiny new toy 🧸 - it’s been a disaster every time. AVB, Frank and Potter. 😬🙈 🥬 <— closest emoji to celery 🤣

3 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I see it differently. Highly intelligent tacticians who would organise, galvanise and coach the side. I take your points but no one is perfect. 

IMO I just don’t want the latest shiny new toy 🧸 - it’s been a disaster every time. AVB, Frank and Potter. 😬🙈 🥬 <— closest emoji to celery 🤣

Specifically on Ancelloti, I doubt he even sees himself as a great tactician. Some of his most famous quotes have been around elite players not needing coaching or tactics. His man management skills and ability to relate and get the best out of great players is what his career is largely built upon.

A better manager than Poch for sure. A gteat tactician would not be an accurate description though. We seen that first hand during our ‘difficult moment ‘ period which lasted about 25 games. We still got some great results in that period, but we did have Terry , Lampard , Drogba and Anelka to name a few. 

He most definitely won’t have that to call upon second time around!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, martin1905 said:

Luckily for us there are two elite managers available who would probably both return here, judging by how highly they both regard us.

They may not be perfect,  they may both have their flaws, ironically very similar flaws but there is no denying both are levels above Pochettino. Also, because of their flaws, neither will be wanted by most, if not all, the clubs you mentioned. 

People can make all the arguments in the world why they don't think either are best suited to the  job here but not a single argument would stand up to them NOT being infinitely better suited than Poch .

We are super, super lucky that Tuchel and Mourinho would even contemplate us because of the state we are in but you absolutely do not turn down the opportunity to hire either of them and stick with the current manager, not unless your run  by muppets................

Tuchel I could somewhat see coming back and it being beneficial in some degree. Someone like Mourinho though, who I've seen plenty of in recent years with his time at Roma, would be an absolute mistake and a time bomb just waiting to explode. Even if you cast aside his volatile nature, his football is heinous and that's been highlighted by the new life that De Rossi has breathed into Roma since taking over. I get the sense it's more about the romanticism of a third spell opposed to acknowledging the manager he is today. 

The thing with Poch is that no one has claimed him to be "the man". He's an appointment for where we are now and what we're needing with a younger group, and I think that's been partially vindicated through his man management and ability to keep the moral within the group pretty steady despite the up and down nature of performances. He has an expiration date here, one can certainly argue if that's at seasons end or at the completion of his contract, but getting rid of him to appoint a volatile replacement that's going to clash and ruffle feathers has to potential to make thing far worse.

Whoever we appoint next has to be afforded time to build something, though either previous supporting, or by having the qualities that we want to progress forward with. We don't need that end game manager as of yet, we need someone who can foster a winning culture but also nurture and trust young players through their up's and down's. 

• Like 1