Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

He's been used for years to plug gaps out of position.  Just when he looked like reaching his full potential we agreed to a totally pointless post-season friendly and totally banjaxed him. 

He's a big unit with surprisingly good ball skills but unfortunately, not quite at the game changing level we need to compete with City.

Certainly not shit by any measure.

You have the right to lose your shit in the match day thread. 

Anything you say during a game cannot be taken down and used against you. 

I think he’s shit. Just my opinion. I don’t know what more to tell y’all tbh. 

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Even I don't think that and I'm usually extremely harsh! 

How about the more cheery : Never fulfilled his potential?

😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Latest list of departees: 

“Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Mateo Kovacic, Christian Pulisic, Hakim Ziyech, Edouard Mendy, Callum Hudson-Odoi and Ruben Loftus-Cheek are all set to be cleared to leave by Chelsea as Pochettino looks to streamline the squad.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-fc-transfer-news-mauricio-pochettino-b1082269.html

It’s a big if, but if this is true, it’s a good start and close to what I’d pick tbh.   And I say good start because realistically it needs to be quite a bit more than 7. 

With the arrival of Gusto, Azpi should be allowed to go,  and difficult decisions need to be made at CB (Chalobah, KK and Colwill) where there is probably only space for one possibly two at most,  LB (Maatsen or Cucerella) and midfield (Kante, Gallagher, Chukwuemeka).  

You’d assume Zakaira is gone and with Nkunku’s arrival, I wouldn’t be trying to sign Felix either personally. 

7 hours ago, Rob B said:

It’s a big if, but if this is true, it’s a good start and close to what I’d pick tbh.   And I say good start because realistically it needs to be quite a bit more than 7. 

With the arrival of Gusto, Azpi should be allowed to go,  and difficult decisions need to be made at CB (Chalobah, KK and Colwill) where there is probably only space for one possibly two at most,  LB (Maatsen or Cucerella) and midfield (Kante, Gallagher, Chukwuemeka).  

You’d assume Zakaira is gone and with Nkunku’s arrival, I wouldn’t be trying to sign Felix either personally. 

We'll likely see more, these are just the no brainer ones that need to go. 

Going to be a bit more challenging trimming some of the other areas you mentioned because they include some of our more injury prone players. Hard to put trust in guys who are barely getting through half a season worth of games, and even though we'll have less games we may still need to carry an extra couple of options in certain positions just for some additional insurance and peace of mind.  

Will actually be interesting to see just who gets through all the fitness work Poch will be introducing. 

On 19/05/2023 at 10:54, Backbiter said:

I'll be amazed but very happy if we get 30m€ for him. My feeling is that the expected exodus will not bring in the revenue we hope.

I would be very surprised if we even got 15m Euros, and agreed on not getting much on the other players leaving.

On 19/05/2023 at 15:21, Original 21 said:

Latest list of departees: 

“Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Mateo Kovacic, Christian Pulisic, Hakim Ziyech, Edouard Mendy, Callum Hudson-Odoi and Ruben Loftus-Cheek are all set to be cleared to leave by Chelsea as Pochettino looks to streamline the squad.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-fc-transfer-news-mauricio-pochettino-b1082269.html

Sounds like a reasonable start.  Add another 5-6 to that and we'll really be cooking. 

On 20/05/2023 at 21:40, Miguelito07 said:

I would be very surprised if we even got 15m Euros, and agreed on not getting much on the other players leaving.

Good point.  Whilst we aren't going to get a lot of money for all of these players going, we are going to get some money for most of them whilst also creating a big hole in that salary budget at the same time.  

Getting rid of 8-10 of them will do a lot of good.  Both in terms of the dressing room and the budget sheet. 

On 18/05/2023 at 17:29, Bob Singleton said:

As for players from relegated clubs, I wouldn't be surprised if we go after Romeo Lavia of Southampton. Joe Shields, our current head of youth scouting, was at Man City when Lavia was coming through, and recommended him to Southampton when he had a similar role there. We also tried to hijack his permanent transfer from City to Southampton last summer.

I think you are on the money here Bob - DM saying the club were watching him yesterday

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

I think you are on the money here Bob - DM saying the club were watching him yesterday

And given Southampton's relegation, he might be cheaper than he usually would be.  Could be good for all involved. 

I think we need more than him in midfield though.  He's very young.  A more experienced head would be high on my list in addition to any purchase like him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bert19 said:

And given Southampton's relegation, he might be cheaper than he usually would be.  Could be good for all involved. 

I think we need more than him in midfield though.  He's very young.  A more experienced head would be high on my list in addition to any purchase like him. 

He and Manuel Ugarte would do for me

• Agree 1

On 19/05/2023 at 16:59, Chelsea_Matt said:

You'r right he is shit in relative terms.No need to explain most fans know it.

It's not as if he hasn't been given enough chances.Unfortunately he is part of the 'get rid brigade'.

Edited by kev61
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Personally with the recent revelation that he can in fact run with the ball it would seem to me Ruben is trying to catch the eye .  It's amazing how ten years of stasis can be ignored by two weeks of trying .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FrankLampard8 said:

They would be very good. Weird move from Mount though because i'm not sure he plays over Odegaard in the big games at the moment. 

My thoughts exactly. 

Not to mention they aren't going to pay him anything extravagant either, certainly nothing we couldn't match ourselves. They only have two players earning over £200k - Jesus, and the other that shall not be named. Would make little sense to be paying Mount that sort of figure based on where he'd fit. 

2 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

My thoughts exactly. 

Not to mention they aren't going to pay him anything extravagant either, certainly nothing we couldn't match ourselves. They only have two players earning over £200k - Jesus, and the other that shall not be named. Would make little sense to be paying Mount that sort of figure based on where he'd fit. 

They would probably baulk at paying the going rate for him anyway 

Players we are currently most linked to at the moment are:

GK: André Onana (Internatzional)

Mid: Romeo Lavia (Southampton), Manuel Ugarte (Sporting CP)

ST: Dusan Vlahovic (Juventus)

On a more worrying side-note, there are some reports that Christopher Nkunku (RB Leipzig) is having second thoughts about joining Chelsea. He "agreed in principle" last summer (when the new owners had only just taken over, Tuchel was still manager and the club were reigning Club World Cup champions) but no contracts have been signed or monies exchanged. It seems he's a little concerned at the scatter-gun approach taken regarding recent signings, and the seeming lack of clarity at the direction the club want to take. Announcing Pochettino might help, but...  🤷‍♂️

Regarding those possibly leaving, in spite of talk of Arsenal wanting Rice and Mount, most 'gossip' is along the lines of 'if Mount does leave, it'll be for Liverpool, not Arsenal'   Not sure that's much of a silver lining.

As has already been touched on here,  AC Milan are interested in Loftus-Cheek

For those looking to get rid of Koulibaly, it's possible that Napoli may want him back. Although he only joined last summer, Napoli know they'll do well to hang on to Kim Min-jae who is wanted by Man Utd, PSG and others.  KK may well replace the man who replaced him!

3 hours ago, JaneB said:

Declan Rice AND Mason Mount to Arsenal 🫣Stuff of nightmares 😢

I find this whole Mount situation baffling. If Reece James and Chilwell have managed to extend their contracts with the minimum of fuss, what has gone so wrong with Mount’s negotiations that all the talk is he wants to leave? I can’t get a handle on how the Board could get this so wrong that we’ve virtually kicked one of our best and most loyal players  out of the club. Are they that incompetent? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

I find this whole Mount situation baffling. If Reece James and Chilwell have managed to extend their contracts with the minimum of fuss, what has gone so wrong with Mount’s negotiations that all the talk is he wants to leave? I can’t get a handle on how the Board could get this so wrong that we’ve virtually kicked one of our best and most loyal players  out of the club. Are they that incompetent? 

He has turned down at least one significant pay rise and new contract under the previous board too though right?  Might not all be on the Club this one...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

He apparently turned down an offer of around £200,000+/week (similar - possibly even slightly more - to what Reece James was also offered and agreed to) when we were still owned by Abramovich. Then we had the sanctions, change of ownership, etc.

Some stories claim he wants parity with Sterling (£300,000/week). But when talks originally started, Sterling was a year away from being a Chelsea player, so that "parity" claim is possibly bogus (unless Mount is changing the goalposts).  It seems he also thought the length of contract (5 years) was too long. He was then offered a 1 year extension on big money(taking him to end of 24/25 season) to allow more time for talks, but that too was rejected.

So he's rejected big offers from both the "Roman Empire" and the "Clearlake Consortium". It's clearly more than just about the money, then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

He apparently turned down an offer of around £200,000+/week (similar - possibly even slightly more - to what Reece James was also offered and agreed to) when we were still owned by Abramovich. Then we had the sanctions, change of ownership, etc.

Some stories claim he wants parity with Sterling (£300,000/week). But when talks originally started, Sterling was a year away from being a Chelsea player, so that "parity" claim is possibly bogus (unless Mount is changing the goalposts).  It seems he also thought the length of contract (5 years) was too long. He was then offered a 1 year extension on big money(taking him to end of 24/25 season) to allow more time for talks, but that too was rejected.

So he's rejected big offers from both the "Roman Empire" and the "Clearlake Consortium". It's clearly more than just about the money, then. 

IF any of this is true.

• Confused 1