Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

15 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

That fitness record does make the decision to sell Hall even crazier.

And no, he didn't want to leave because his family are all Geordies. He had just signed a new deal.

I'm sure the club would love to sell Chilwell and Sterling but there's very little chance anyone wants to buy them at this stage of their careers. 

Wonder if one or both might be used in deals we intend to do? 

Money + Sterling for Olise for example? 

15 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

And no, he didn't want to leave because his family are all Geordies. He had just signed a new deal.

I'm sure the club would love to sell Chilwell and Sterling but there's very little chance anyone wants to buy them at this stage of their careers. 

He never signed a new deal

14 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

Olise ship sailed

We have Palmer and Madueke as left footed forwards, before Kendry, Hutchinson etc

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bert19 said:

Would not be against this.  Room to improve, physically very different to what we have currently, probably wouldn't cost the Earth, could loan or sell players the other way as part of the deal.

Ticks quite a few boxes as an option

He does. The only downside is that he's another young player with limited experience, that will need some time to adjust.

Not sure how we would get a better (long term) striker cheaper than his £42m release clause. Makes more sense to me than Osimhen or Toney.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

Hall's not really a LB from what I have seen and know, IIRC there was never any confirmation he did sign a new deal (reporting was it was going to be signed before the Palace loan, which didn't happen), and he's on record as wanting to go when Newcastle came calling. He chose it over first team PL football at Palace.

I don't understand the fascination with letting Hall go being a problem, not right now anyway. He's young and perhaps within a year or two he'll be doing something that really shows us up. But nothing yet, not even close.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Olise ship sailed

We have Palmer and Madueke as left footed forwards, before Kendry, Hutchinson etc

I dunno mate.  I think he might be good enough that if there's a chance to get him, you go for it.  I daresay that he, Madueke etc could play on either wing and as 10s (or even as strikers) to a reasonably effective level.  He certainly looks a good enough player to do that.  

I can also see Palace doing some deals this summer relating to what they get beyond money for their talent.  Fair to say that on current form there will be significant interest in Mateta, Guehi, Andersen, Mitchell, Olise, Eze and Wharton.  Whilst they'll dig their heels in and won't want to lose all of them, if they are offered good money and can get players out of the deals for the players they lose then i can see them doing a lot of business. 

Would anyone be against £40m + Broja or Sterling for Olise for example? Or a swap Chilwell for Mitchell?  Or one of our younger lads like Santos, Hutchinson or Angelo on loan there for a year as part of the deal for either of those players? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

I dunno mate.  I think he might be good enough that if there's a chance to get him, you go for it.  I daresay that he, Madueke etc could play on either wing and as 10s (or even as strikers) to a reasonably effective level.  He certainly looks a good enough player to do that.  

I can also see Palace doing some deals this summer relating to what they get beyond money for their talent.  Fair to say that on current form there will be significant interest in Mateta, Guehi, Andersen, Mitchell, Olise, Eze and Wharton.  Whilst they'll dig their heels in and won't want to lose all of them, if they are offered good money and can get players out of the deals for the players they lose then i can see them doing a lot of business. 

Would anyone be against £40m + Broja or Sterling for Olise for example? Or a swap Chilwell for Mitchell?  Or one of our younger lads like Santos, Hutchinson or Angelo on loan there for a year as part of the deal for either of those players? 

There is definitely a rich palette for us to snaffle there for sure 

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

With him being a goal machine and elite it shouldn't be an issue 

I guess it comes down to who going to pay £40m for 31yo 

Quite bizarre how the club rate him at a higher value than forwards they have purchase over the past few windows 

1 hour ago, Bert19 said:

Joachim Anderson would be right up there for me, in terms of CB targets. Really like him and he ticks literally every box.

Olise had Liverpool written all over him.

I think time will tell that the major investments over the past 2 windows have been wise.  

I don't see the news for major surgery this summer.  Just a few outgoings and a striker.  

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, east lower said:

Agreed, the gruesome-twosome in their Creepy-Coup (one for the Wacky-Races oeficionado’s) 

The Wacky Races one of the best programmes I watched as a boy.Still brings a smile to my face when I think of it...so thanks for that.

For some folk here(ROTG) though the 'gruesome twosome' are more like the 'Slag brother's😀

Edited by kev61

13 hours ago, Ham said:

I think time will tell that the major investments over the past 2 windows have been wise.  

I don't see the news for major surgery this summer.  Just a few outgoings and a striker.  

Might also need a back up RB to deputise for Gusto if the combo of injury layoffs and very silly temper issues aren’t ended for Reece 🙄

2 hours ago, kev61 said:

The Wacky Races one of the best programmes I watched as a boy.Still brings a smile to my face when I think of it...so thanks for that.

For some folk here(ROTG) though the 'gruesome twosome' are more like the 'Slag brother's😀

In the ‘Boulder Mobile’.

And the owners might be the Ant Hill Mob in the ‘Bullet Proof Bomb’

13 minutes ago, east lower said:

In the ‘Boulder Mobile’.

And the owners might be the Ant Hill Mob in the ‘Bullet Proof Bomb’

Haha the Ant Hill Mob.

'Make with the feet boy's'....tremendous stuff 

19 hours ago, Bert19 said:

Palace aren't paying Sterling the 325k a week he's owed for the next three years.

13 minutes ago, Bison said:

Palace aren't paying Sterling the 325k a week he's owed for the next three years.

It's hard to fathom the amount of money this guy "earns"

Until this money - go - round ends it's difficult to be a fan.

10 minutes ago, kev61 said:

It's hard to fathom the amount of money this guy "earns"

Until this money - go - round ends it's difficult to be a fan.

Saw this on Sky earlier:

20240516-084230.jpg

Sterling spends 75% of his time on the pitch walking, the most out of all forwards in the Premier League.

• Angry 1

3 minutes ago, Bison said:

Saw this on Sky earlier:

20240516-084230.jpg

Sterling spends 75% of his time on the pitch walking, the most out of all forwards in the Premier League.

It all gets down to who buys the players and on ridiculous contracts!

Just now, Morgs said:

I want it noted for the record here, your Honours, that Moises Caicedo is in fact the b*llocks and I'm sorry I ever doubted him, criticised him or coated him off. 

See also: Noni Madueke, Big Ben Bads, Nico Jackson and Marc Cucurella. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Morgs said:

See also: Noni Madueke, Big Ben Bads, Nico Jackson and Marc Cucurella. 

You could see the talent with Madueke and Jackson, who still has that lack of composure at times and needs to work on decision making, but there’s positives. Just moments of frustration though like when he didn’t square it early enough yesterday, but I’m really hopeful with him. 

May have said some harsh words about Badiashile a couple of weeks ago in frustration which I regret. I don’t like him starting alongside Disasi, that’s the thing, he looks better alongside Chalo and Silva definitely. 

Edited by Floyd25
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Floyd25 said:

You could see the talent with Madueke and Jackson, who still has that lack of composure at times and needs to work on decision making, but there’s positives. Just moments of frustration though like when he didn’t square it early enough yesterday, but I’m really hopeful with him. 

May have said some harsh words about Badiashile a couple of weeks ago in frustration which I regret. I don’t like him starting alongside Disasi, that’s the thing, he looks better alongside Chalo and Silva definitely. 

Their goal was partly down to him. He’s got a tendency to let the attacker run from behind him and get that vital yard. Needs to be aware and concentrate.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kev61 said:

Think they are more akin to Lazy Luke and Blubber Bear 

IMG_0742.webp

Just now, ROTG said:

Think they are more akin to Lazy Luke and Blubber Bear 

IMG_0742.webp

Arkansas Chugabug.

Although Todd with his swanky new haircut has got a kind of Peter Perfect style square jawed thing going on.

But surely, Dick Dastardly & Muttley is a better option?

image.thumb.jpeg.ede79109cc931dce549932434de1e955.jpeg