Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Either way, Mount is leaving, I feel he has absolutely no intention of staying. 

His race here is run. 

I can't get my head around this at all. I had always assumed he was wanting to stay forever and battle his way to legendary status, a la FL JT etc. I actually thought he had the drive to do that. If he goes to Liverpool, he is going to end up like Adam Lallana. If he goes to Arsenal, he is going to be watching a lot of Odegaard from the comfort of the bench. FFS do the right thing!

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Clearly the words "apparently", "claim", etc are beyond your comprehension.

You are such a knob Bob. Clearly you are a deeply unhappy individual. To respond in this way to a simple comment reflects on your deeply unpleasant personality. I pity you.

9 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

I can't get my head around this at all. I had always assumed he was wanting to stay forever and battle his way to legendary status, a la FL JT etc. I actually thought he had the drive to do that. If he goes to Liverpool, he is going to end up like Adam Lallana. If he goes to Arsenal, he is going to be watching a lot of Odegaard from the comfort of the bench. FFS do the right thing!

I'm with you but sadly Mount isn't. 

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

So he's rejected big offers from both the "Roman Empire" and the "Clearlake Consortium". It's clearly more than just about the money, then. 

A direct quote from your post, you muppet.

7 hours ago, McCreadie said:

If he goes to Liverpool, he is going to end up like Adam Lallana. If he goes to Arsenal, he is going to be watching a lot of Odegaard from the comfort of the bench. FFS do the right thing!

And if he stays with us??.

You have no idea what will happen to him and how he will perform elsewhere ."Do the right thing" according to whom...you?.

I said before Mount will suit himself which is right and proper.

Imho he has fallen out of love with the club and want's a new challenge... as simple as that.

He is the first member  of the 'want out brigade'(that will increase if we don't improve greatly next season)as opposed to the 'get rid brigade' which has a much bigger membership.

Edited by kev61

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

And if he stays with us?

He'll probably get a nice  big new contract.

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

I said before Mount will suit himself which is right and proper.

Of course.

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

Imho he has fallen out of love with the club and want's a new challenge... as simple as that.

Maybe, maybe not. All we have to go on atm, is media rumour. And by now we should know what that' worth.

23 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

He'll probably get a nice  big new contract.

Of course.

Maybe, maybe not. All we have to go on atm, is media rumour. And by now we should know what that' worth.

I think it's quite easy to read between the lines.Mount has a very high opinion of himself and knows he can go almost anywhere and command a big contract.

12 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Yes, and that includes staying put. If he wants to.

It's entirely what HE wants.For what it's worth I think he has been fucked about and no wonder he wants away.

1 minute ago, Michael Tucker said:

Really? How and when?

I'm not trying to be funny here, but where's the evidence for this claim?

I'm not saying he is without blame - but he is a central midfielder all day long.

Playing him wide and in a forward position is just silly.

The irony is if we played him in a centre midfield position it could have helped the main problem in midfield.

3 hours ago, kev61 said:

I'm not saying he is without blame - but he is a central midfielder all day long.

Playing him wide and in a forward position is just silly.

The irony is if we played him in a centre midfield position it could have helped the main problem in midfield.

And the only way to feasibly fit him into midfield is to adopt a midfield three. 

The question from here then has to be asked; is Mount good enough on a whole to force any manager to make that the primary shape of the side? 

One thing is for sure however, he'd have to do a lot better than the 3 goals/3 assists he's delivered from the 34 appearances he's made as a CM so far.

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

And the only way to feasibly fit him into midfield is to adopt a midfield three. 

The question from here then has to be asked; is Mount good enough on a whole to force any manager to make that the primary shape of the side? 

One thing is for sure however, he'd have to do a lot better than the 3 goals/3 assists he's delivered from the 34 appearances he's made as a CM so far.

Sledging of another Chelsea academy player?

Surly it down to the new head coach who he wants in his team and what formation he wants to play. Who knows maybe the new coach will play 442, which blows your strawman out the window as usual.

BTW - I'll take the 24 goals / 29 assists in 121 matches as an AM player thank you.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, McCreadie said:

Why would he end up like Adam Lallana? Based on what?

I actually think football wise Liverpool is the best move for him as long as Klopp is going to be around for a while longer. I personally think he will be absolutely brilliant in their system and will suddenly get plaudits from all angles once he's playing in red as a bonus. Whether we like them or not being a key player for Liverpool under one of the best coaches in the world has to be appealing.

Similarly at Arsenal, it's not as natural a fit but they are suddenly going to have Champion's League to contend with and will hope to go deep in all competitions as they try and cement themselves as one of the top clubs again. There will be minutes to share between Mount and Odegaard and maybe even with the right holding midfielder they can play together in some games - Mount isn't exactly a passenger without the ball. 

Meanwhile, Mount has been in and out of the side with no defined position here. We don't know how good or competitive we will be for a long time. You are being very partisan if you can't see why he would consider it. I'm not saying there aren't big reasons to stay also but it isn't madness if he decides he wants a new challenge.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

Parity with those numbers (or even an improvement on them) haven't been a requirement for any CM at Chelsea since Fabregas was playing under Conte. 

Slagging him for a goals/assists return at CM when we've had Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic as our first 3 midfielders for years is quite frankly ridiculous.  

2 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Surly it down to the new head coach who he wants in his team and what formation he wants to play. Who knows maybe the new coach will play 442, which blows your strawman out the window as usual.

BTW - I'll take the 24 goals / 29 assists in 121 matches as an AM player thank you.

I don't think what Celery said has anything to do with Mount being an academy lad.

Yes, it's down to the new manager who he picks but Mount might have to be sold before they get to pick their first team if he won't sign a contract so that's pretty irrelevant. The new manager can want Mount all they want but we can't afford to lose him for free next year if he doesn't want to stay.

I'd also argue a 4-4-2 doesn't blow anything out of the water because I doubt Mount would be first choice in a system like that. That leaves the very reasonable question of whether Mount's output is enough to be THE attacking player in a midfield three or as a 10 with two more solid players behind him - not saying it is or isn't but that really is the question at hand. 

14 minutes ago, ROTG said:

How is anything I said deemed "sledging"? 

Can Mount play in a double pivot? No. Therefore if he wants to play as a CM then the only option is for us to play a midfield three. And even in the rare event that you're right and our next manager opts for a 442, Mount wouldn't be first choice in that pairing either.

All largely against the fodder of the league, because one of his biggest criticisms has been the lack of production and impact he has against the top sides. His record has been pointed out before, it's abysmal. If that's a good enough stick to point at others over the years, then it's a good enough one to also direct at Mount. Fairs fair after all. 

19 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

Parity with those numbers (or even an improvement on them) haven't been a requirement for any CM at Chelsea since Fabregas was playing under Conte. 

Slagging him for a goals/assists return at CM when we've had Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic as our first 3 midfielders for years is quite frankly ridiculous.  

Maybe not so much in a double pivot where the primary job is generally more on the defensive side of the ball and build up, which is virtually what setup we've been running with the likes of Jorginho, Kova and Kante in recent years for the most part. 

If we played a midfield three however then there's a position for a more attacking CM. If that attacking option is going to be Mount, then there's going to be more production expected. That's only natural and would also apply to anyone else who was to take up that role.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, FrankLampard8 said:

You are being very partisan if you can't see why he would consider it. 

I can see why he would, I just hate the idea. I think we need him and what he stands for and seeing him in a Liverpool or Arsenal shirt for the next 10 years is going to be horrible. Not like Willian, Cech, Joe Cole,  Jorginho or David Luiz, who were all great, but over 30 and on the decline when they moved. This would be the first player to go in his prime for a while.