Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

Don't include me in the "bricking it" pile please.

I agree with a lot of what has been said pro Poch but by the same token , we're not talking about prime Mourinho , Klopp or Pep were talking about the bloke who came third in a two horse race with the best side he's ever had in the Premier League and when the chips are down constantly makes the wrong decision.

You can  point and laugh at me on here when we're mid table this time next year if you like.

It dont matter if we are mid table. If Poch goes to Utd and takes them top4 and we finish 5th......it all still looks up there with one of the most ridiculous decisions a club can take. We won't have achieved what was required without him, whilst we would have handed a major rival a massive foot on the ladder of becoming relevant again.

If you have no fear of this scenario, then you are a braver man than me!

Excellent post(s) as usual @Morgs..... agree with the overall long post but slightly differ with  some bits...not disagree more a different view of things.

Actually just reread the post and I am in more agreement than indicated above !,,,,I think my "differences" only relate to maybe things,whilst not looking good,are maybe not quite so bad and I feel,rightly or wrongly. that The Poch was not the innocent injured party in the mix.... the whole affair reeks of "nudge nudge wink wink"  with an amazing wall of silence prior to the "split" which as I see it was agreed a while back...how long I have no idea but hindsight at 20/20 shows hints,,,maybe the post Arse semi revival had to do with no pressure being felt by The Poch as everything was settled ?...presser were "different" and the atmosphere felt different but not for the reasons us anti long term Poch'ers thought?

Not the abject failure Potter was and as you say we are here thinking how things should have been.

Solanke ?.... from The Coming man refusing to resign for Chelsea,,all reeked of "Me Me too good to wait" and off to Scouseland to stick it to Chelsea and become a star (Contrast Cole ).....didn't make it and has spent the time since then making a living in shallower waters...a good season at 26 ?....if this time next season he has duplicated his form then just maybe but the game's history is littered with good, average EPL players having exceptional seasons only to slip back into their average level....and if a 26 year old in his physical prime CF can't pull the oldest CH in the league around a bit ?..(average in the EPL is not a criticism) 

Always enjoy your posts.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Don't include me in the "bricking it" pile please.

Or me, I honestly couldn’t care less where he ends up. It doesn’t matter, it’s irrelevant.

And probably won’t win anything wherever he ends up.  

He and Man Utd deserve each other, and if he thought he had squad issues here, good luck with theirs.

Edited by east lower
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

You can  point and laugh at me on here when we're mid table this time next year if you like.

We be doing that a lot earlier if any of the current hot seat favourites actually get the job. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, east lower said:

He and Man Utd deserve each other, and if he thought he had squad issues here, good luck with theirs.

If poch ends up at ManUre, he will finish higher than the current favourites linked with getting the job a the new puppet for the guresome twosome 

15 minutes ago, ROTG said:

If poch ends up at ManUre, he will finish higher than the current favourites linked with getting the job a the new puppet for the guresome twosome 

I actually hope he does, we can watch without emotion and see his true worth.

3 hours ago, east lower said:

I actually hope he does, we can watch without emotion and see his true worth.

Not like his time at Spuds and PSG?😉

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, east lower said:

Lookman is a London boy, I think - wasn’t he at Charlton before Everton?

IMO Just another Madueke - flatters to deceive

26 minutes ago, ROTG said:

IMO Just another Madueke - flatters to deceive

To be fair, his career wasn’t littered with positive memorable moments - Until last night when he delivered in spades.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yeah , Hattricks in cup finals are always a mark of a terrible player. 

Maybe it was his Andy Warhol moment

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Gasparini a great shout for manager

certainly fits the TBSD model of being at a club for 8 years 😀

Edited by ROTG
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bison said:

Our lot have got Monaco connections I believe,  so just make it happen and sharpish like too.

Whatever we get will be a result  - fee wise.

Could spoil the relationship going forward, once they discover what they've acquired. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Still hurts my soul we didn't sell him after his return from Southampton for the £30m odd we were reportedly offered. 

He never looked the standard from the beginning.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Still hurts my soul we didn't sell him after his return from Southampton for the £30m odd we were reportedly offered. 

I wanted to keep Broja (for selfish, Slough related reasons) but as soon as West Ham were reportedly interested at the price, it became madness not to entertain it.

8 hours ago, xceleryx said:

There was about two months whilst on loan at Southampton where he looked promising. The people I know down there said that his attitude then became such that they doubted his mindset and didn’t fancy him because of that.

From the moment I saw him on the pitch for us I knew he wasn’t of the required standard, far from it. As poor a player as I’ve seen over the last 30 years play for us.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, east lower said:

There was about two months whilst on loan at Southampton where he looked promising. The people I know down there said that his attitude then became such that they doubted his mindset and didn’t fancy him because of that.

From the moment I saw him on the pitch for us I knew he wasn’t of the required standard, far from it. As poor a player as I’ve seen over the last 30 years play for us.

🫏💯💯✌️