Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

If we played a midfield three however then there's a position for a more attacking CM. If that attacking option is going to be Mount, then there's going to be more production expected. That's only natural and would also apply to anyone else who was to take up that role.

I think Felix was thought to be that option. It might even be one of the reasons that Mount has been annoyed. However, it really hasn’t worked out with Felix, and he’s not even getting picked by Lampard with Mount out injured. I’d be surprised if Felix gets signed and it wouldn’t surprise me if the club just give Mount what he wants instead. Especially if Pochettino insists he wants Mount to stay. 

8 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

I think Felix was thought to be that option. It might even be one of the reasons that Mount has been annoyed. However, it really hasn’t worked out with Felix, and he’s not even getting picked by Lampard with Mount out injured. I’d be surprised if Felix gets signed and it wouldn’t surprise me if the club just give Mount what he wants instead. Especially if Pochettino insists he wants Mount to stay. 

Fingers crossed. I know which player i'd rather have as an integral part of our side. 

27 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

I can see why he would, I just hate the idea. I think we need him and what he stands for and seeing him in a Liverpool or Arsenal shirt for the next 10 years is going to be horrible. Not like Willian, Cech, Joe Cole,  Jorginho or David Luiz, who were all great, but over 30 and on the decline when they moved. This would be the first player to go in his prime for a while.

I completely agree with all of this and it would certainly be a sign of the changing times if he goes IMO.  I would be very sad to see him leave.

This sounds interesting and hopefully would appeal to Mount…

Mauricio Pochettino has big plans on how to use Mason Mount if he stays at Chelsea next season, according to reports… It is understood that the Argentine coach wants to use the 24-year-old in the same way he used Christian Eriksen at Tottenham, which was as a creative option coming in off the right hand side in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/club-news/mauricio-pochettino-wants-to-use-24-year-old-chelsea-player-in-a-christian-eriksen-role-next-season-journalist/

Just now, Original 21 said:

Mauricio Pochettino has big plans on how to use Mason Mount if he stays at Chelsea next season, according to reports… It is understood that the Argentine coach wants to use the 24-year-old in the same way he used Christian Eriksen at Tottenham, which was as a creative option coming in off the right hand side in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/club-news/mauricio-pochettino-wants-to-use-24-year-old-chelsea-player-in-a-christian-eriksen-role-next-season-journalist/

Steinberg is reporting that it's mostly about the money.  

It's reported that he's already been offered parity with RJ but turned it down. 

54 minutes ago, Ham said:

Steinberg is reporting that it's mostly about the money.  

It's reported that he's already been offered parity with RJ but turned it down. 

I heard on a podcast that it’s also about image rights as he’s used extensively by CFC as a poster-boy in advertising campaigns and expects to be rewarded for that. There’s also the question of reductions in player pay as a result of not qualifying for Europe. And the fact that Sterling is on a reported much higher salary. In the end, something’s got to give if we want to keep him at the club. 

1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

Meanwhile Poch is just paper talk.

19 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

I don’t know what to believe anymore. So Mount’s preference is apparently to join Man United…

IMG_7155.jpeg

All this "proper Chels" talk looking like social media bullshit. 

Pompey's finest. 

• Agree 1

So it was Liverpool, then Arsenal and now Man United… and all including the caveat of ‘if’ Chelsea decide to sell/of Mount decides to leave’… it’s almost as if they have absolutely no idea but are planting enough stories to be able to claim they knew before anyone else.

I call bullshit!

7 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

So it was Liverpool, then Arsenal and now Man United… and all including the caveat of ‘if’ Chelsea decide to sell/of Mount decides to leave’… it’s almost as if they have absolutely no idea but are planting enough stories to be able to claim they knew before anyone else.

I call bullshit!

From my monthly transfer gossip update (last published 1st May):

Mount - Liverpool * 1st Feb, Daily Mail; 16th Feb, Daily Star; 16th Feb, Daily Mirror
- Manchester United, 16
th Feb, Daily Star; 16th Feb, Daily Mirror; 9th March, The Guardian
- Manchester City, 16
th Feb, Daily Star; 16th Feb, Daily Mirror
- Newcastle United, 7
th March, Daily Mail
- Bayern Munich, 28
th March, Daily Mail & elsewhere
- Real Madrid, 16
th April, Fichajes
- Arsenal, 21
st April, FourFourTwo

In reality, no 'new' gossip, just rehashing old rumours.

• Like 1

Every major sports news outlet / journo (Matt Law, Fabrizio, Ben Jacobs, Ornstein etc) has tweeted some sort of “update” on it today, so pretty sure there’s been some sort of briefing or leak. 

Either way, there is clearly a problem which needs resolving because losing Mason Mount would be an almighty f*ck up.

Unforgivable in fact. 

26 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Every major sports news outlet / journo (Matt Law, Fabrizio, Ben Jacobs, Ornstein etc) has tweeted some sort of “update” on it today, so pretty sure there’s been some sort of briefing or leak. 

Either way, there is clearly a problem which needs resolving because losing Mason Mount would be an almighty f*ck up.

Unforgivable in fact. 

Personally I think the TB sports department should pay him the salary he demands and a 5 year contract, then send him to Southampton on loan next season. 

I’ll get my coat. 

Edited by ROTG

5 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Personally I think the TB sports department should pay him the salary he demands and a 5 year contract, then send him to Southampton on loan next season. 

I’ll get my coat. 

"TB Sports Department"  and "I'll get my coat" are getting tiring in my opinion. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Ham said:

"TB Sports Department"  and "I'll get my coat" are getting tiring in my opinion. 

That’s because it is past your bedtime 

Edited by ROTG
You walked into that one

7 hours ago, Original 21 said:

If this is true then the more I hear about poch the more I like him.

I mentioned before I would have liked Mount to play in a Luka Modric type role - a role that only a super talented player with a football brain could play.

Eriksen is in the same mould -  so yes I can see it making a big difference in Mount's decision.

Edited by kev61