Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

To be honest, I pretty much disagree with everything you ever say. I can't remember the last time I agreed with anything you've said. I also find you - on a personal level - a thoroughly disagreeable person, which doesn't help when it comes to trying to be objective about your views.

Danger Will Robertson 

After months hiding in the shadows Bob is back with his tactless remarks towards a fellow forum member.  

34 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Excellent let's get a non scoring  forward and a dreadful left back because they've experienced.  Sounds like a plan. 

Except every Arsenal fan would say both Jesus and Zinchenko were absolutely critical to them making the step up to true title challengers. They've only been surpassed this season because Arsenal have done what every other top club does - buy experience, build and iterate.

Add depth to the squad. Add more youngsters. Add more experience. Keep evolving. But importantly, make sure a core of experienced leaders exists in the squad whether in the starting XI or not.

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Telling people what to think.

I expect you're 18-25, and a leftie? Am I right?

Ffs. As if no one over the age of 25 and with right-leaning persuasions ever told anyone what to think?

The exact kind of bollocks that is avoided by just not bringing up politics (the forum's rules btw, not mine) in the first place.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Except every Arsenal fan would say both Jesus and Zinchenko were absolutely critical to them making the step up to true title challengers. They've only been surpassed this season because Arsenal have done what every other top club does - buy experience, build and iterate.

Add depth to the squad. Add more youngsters. Add more experience. Keep evolving. But importantly, make sure a core of experienced leaders exists in the squad whether in the starting XI or not

Jesus has the same goals scored this season as Nketiah , how's that a step up?

Experience is overrated , how experienced is Palmer ?

Nic Jackson has scored ten more goals than Jesus  should we sign one and bin the other ?

Zinchenko  is bang average which is why he's now at Arsenal getting games purely because Jurian Timber got injured , that's young inexperienced Jurian Timber.

26 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Ffs. As if no one over the age of 25 and with right-leaning persuasions ever told anyone what to think?

The exact kind of bollocks that is avoided by just not bringing up politics (the forum's rules btw, not mine) in the first place.

Then perhaps people should work on the tone of their response when responding.

Healthy debate and difference of opinion is exactly what a forum is about. Telling other members to revisit their opinion is childish (hence the age reference).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Jesus has the same goals scored this season as Nketiah , how's that a step up?

Experience is overrated , how experienced is Palmer ?

Nic Jackson has scored ten more goals than Jesus  should we sign one and bin the other ?

Zinchenko  is bang average which is why he's now at Arsenal getting games purely because Jurian Timber got injured , that's young inexperienced Jurian Timber.

🫠 🔫

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

We've made contact with Palace over Olise, is trending on twitter

I'd very much be up for us signing him.

If we don't this summer, someone else will and it will be a big club.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Then perhaps people should work on the tone of their response when responding.

Healthy debate and difference of opinion is exactly what a forum is about. Telling other members to revisit their opinion is childish (hence the age reference).

Nah, just tell people you think they're talking a load of bollocks without invoking garbage politics imo. It's easily done.

4 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Nah, just tell people you think they're talking a load of bollocks without invoking garbage politics imo. It's easily done.

Fair enough. Let's draw a line. 

• Agree 1

Man United going after Braithwaite and agreed personal terms. That's the kind of statement centre-half signing we should be making - apparently he might cost them upwards of 80 million. 

I would even go for someone more experienced but it's a matter of making a game-changing positional investment. Honestly, when are people going to wake up and see that picking up Tosin and Duran is not going to change our fortunes at all from last season?

These in absolutely fundamental positions in our spine where it is patently obvious we need leaders and world class individuals to take the team to the next level (GK, CB, CF). 

I think Olise would be a fantastic signing and is the only bright point on the players we are linked with. We trade these days in the bargain buckets because we are obsessed with ensuring value for money (Tosin was a free, right?) rather than actually picking up the best in class.

10 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Man United going after Braithwaite and agreed personal terms. That's the kind of statement centre-half signing we should be making - apparently he might cost them upwards of 80 million. 

I would even go for someone more experienced but it's a matter of making a game-changing positional investment. Honestly, when are people going to wake up and see that picking up Tosin and Duran is not going to change our fortunes at all from last season?

These in absolutely fundamental positions in our spine where it is patently obvious we need leaders and world class individuals to take the team to the next level (GK, CB, CF). 

I think Olise would be a fantastic signing and is the only bright point on the players we are linked with. We trade these days in the bargain buckets because we are obsessed with ensuring value for money (Tosin was a free, right?) rather than actually picking up the best in class.

So what is it then Max? Buy experience or buy youth ? 

Branthwaite has made just over forty appearances for Everton  in three seasons .

Mr Flip-flop.

As an aside he also featured against a Chelsea side put together by idiots who don't know what they're doing buying young players and putting them on long contracts and shipped six (6) goals and looked like he'd never even seen a football for the best part of the game. 

Edited by Mark Kelly
  • Like 1

Branthwaite looked extremely ordinary against us. Jackson ran him ragged. He also loked a little leggy and slow on the turn. Not convinced that's a 70m defender.

10 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Apparently, the Olise release clause is £60m... but only for Champions League clubs, which if true, makes it trickier for Chelsea.

If true, he really should sack his agent. Two years in a row now that he will have been denied the move he reportedly wants by release clause shenanigans. 

I hope we can get the transfer done. A front four of Palmer, Nkunku, Jackson and Olise would be incredible. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Apparently, the Olise release clause is £60m... but only for Champions League clubs, which if true, makes it trickier for Chelsea.

Yes and no.  If a CL club does bid 60m, then what harm is it for Palace to accept an equivalent from us (or anyone else)

14 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

So what is it then Max? Buy experience or buy youth ? 

Branthwaite has made just over forty appearances for Everton  in three seasons .

Mr Flip-flop.

As an aside he also featured against a Chelsea side put together by idiots who don't know what they're doing buying young players and putting them on long contracts and shipped six (6) goals and looked like he'd never even seen a football for the best part of the game. 

Saved me the bother.

7 minutes ago, Bison said:

I hope we can get the transfer done. A front four of Palmer, Nkunku, Jackson and Olise would be incredible. 

Yes. 

36 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

You're hilarious Max.  Never change. 

If the headline was "Chelsea target £70m Branthwaite" you'd have hammered the club. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, RDCW said:

Listening to Conor Gallagher speaking on TV yesterday and this morning underlines how ludicrous it is that we might lose him. His attitude and personality, versatility, work ethic and underestimated skill are vital to the health of a squad almost devoid of connection to the historical culture of CFC.

Gallagher is doing the right thing by refusing to leave.

I loved his comment about looking forward to working with the new manager. I bet that really frustrated the sporting directors.

They are now forced to give him a new contract on favourable terms or risk losing a 50m asset for nothing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bison said:

They are now forced to give him a new contract on favourable terms or risk losing a 50m asset for nothing. 

Or maybe that was the plan all along.

The media had Gallagher sold last summer, again in January and for a 3rd time before 30 June. 

As far as I know, we haven't accepted a bid from anyone.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

12 minutes ago, Ham said:

You're hilarious Max.  Never change. 

If the headline was "Chelsea target £70m Branthwaite" you'd have hammered the club. 

No I wouldn't.

I was absolutely behind us getting Caicedo for example - even for 110 million.

I still think he was worth it. Great signing by the board.

That is addressing a core area of the pitch with a unique and game changing player.

Where is our game changing GK, CB, CF? Nowhere.

5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

The media had Gallagher sold last summer, again in January and for a 3rd time before 30 June. 

You're right Paul. It's much more likely that the board is playing 4D chess than pumping out constant PR about selling Gallagher and then realising he has forced their hand 🙄 🫠 🔫 

53 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Somehow I get the feeling that if we were the ones going after Braithwaite you'd be decrying the owners for overspending on inexperienced youth.

1 minute ago, Bob Singleton said:

Somehow I get the feeling that if we were the ones going after Braithwaite you'd be decrying the owners for overspending on inexperienced youth.

I mean I literally just said I would prefer to go for somewhat a bit older Bob.

The point here is making a proper investment in key areas that need addressing.

We did that with Caicedo.

Yet we are not building on that at all and think we can scrape through another season adding Tosin and Duran to our existing options at CB and CF 🫠 🔫

11 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Transfers only get to the bid stage when the player has long accepted a move, negotiated his salary etc. Chelsea simply haven't been allowed to get to that stage because Gallagher refuses to leave. Good on him.