Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

2 hours ago, Morgs said:

There is some talk around today that Jackson might be on his bike. I'd think we would get a nice chunk of change for him? 

Question is would you be sad to see him go?

It’s talksport, so more than likely fake news. 

33 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Di Mario is linking us with striker Omorodion, who is at Atletico and was on loan to Alaves last season scoring 8 goals in 35 appearances. 

€40 million bid rejected for him apparently, I’ve no idea who he is, same age as Duran. 

The talk of it still being Chelsea 

It's not. It's a vehicle for financier capitalists to commodity trade young players.  Max is spot on calling it a Brighton approach. One with a wall street approach.

And let's face it with every passing year the Bridge resembles a tourist attraction on matchday.

Id happily take years of mediocrity, some championship seasons now and again - this isn't slumming it. It's a symptom of the premier league certainly but amplified to 11. Lacking any class, humility - Mark is absolutely right, they don't care. A club lumping in on the citeh side of the fence as regards to financial probity. Another club's identity hijacked for global corporate gain. 

Works for some to shrug and fixate on the future, fair play. The pointlessness of raising issue with the approach, yeah I see that but doesn't that surely push you to the mindset of the consumer? A consumer they have already tried to label us as. A consumer of the club. Dear me. Hijacked and rebranded.

The difference Vs our last owner:

Pursuit of glory vs the pursuit of financiers 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, patThenevin said:

It's not. It's a vehicle for financier capitalists to commodity trade young players.  Max is spot on calling it a Brighton approach. One with a wall street approach.

And let's face it with every passing year the Bridge resembles a tourist attraction on matchday.

Id happily take years of mediocrity, some championship seasons now and again - this isn't slumming it. It's a symptom of the premier league certainly but amplified to 11. Lacking any class, humility - Mark is absolutely right, they don't care. A club lumping in on the citeh side of the fence as regards to financial probity. Another club's identity hijacked for global corporate gain. 

Works for some to shrug and fixate on the future, fair play. The pointlessness of raising issue with the approach, yeah I see that but doesn't that surely push you to the mindset of the consumer? A consumer they have already tried to label us as. A consumer of the club. Dear me. Hijacked and rebranded.

You'd be fun at parties.

11 hours ago, patThenevin said:

Absolutely right. Super post, agree with every word.

18 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I wouldn't and I don't see the club doing so either. It's a complete non-starter. 

Well I guess it depends on whether the talk is just idle BS or genuine. If it is genuine (and for one I would be amazed if it was) then Jackson's value will drop if he spends a year sulking on the bench or playing like he wants a move, so the club will surely decide to get rid. He's a 60-70m player on a good day so you can see how the club might think they could make a quick buck on him. 

He's the sort of lad who will go on to be world class elsewhere and everyone will then blindly claim they always rated him and selling him was a massive mistake, as if we had any choice (if the rumours are true). 

For what it is worth, I don't think he will leave, but I was just curious to see how many would miss him if he did do one. 

Edited by Morgs

2 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Marca reporting Atletico made an "informal proposal" to us for £20m for Gallagher. 

This really is silly season. 

We can informally tell them where to stick it. 

3 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Marca reporting Atletico made an "informal proposal" to us for £20m for Gallagher. 

This really is silly season. 

Euros apparently. 20m euro........

Have to watch it on YouTube itself, but can immediately see the appeal from a profile perspective at least.

He's also rated very highly within the Atletico system and fan base.

Edited by xceleryx

12 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

He's also rated very highly within the Atletico system and fan base.

and hence the reason why Atletico dont want to sell or if they did it would be for much more than the quoted figure

8 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

“I think they would accept bids for Cucurella; whether they'd get any, I don't know.”

IMG_8909.jpeg

I do hope they have an exceedingly nifty left back lined up to replace him then. 

They surely can't be planning on Chilwell and Colwill? That's a horrible combination. 

Another academy player being sold for "pure profit" without being given a real chance, other than a few cameos generally out of position. Another one going to a club playing at a higher level than Chelsea.

Meanwhile big money signings can play poorly for more than a season and are seemingly untouchable. Our squad is being built by accountants.

• Agree 1