Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, Bison said:

I think so but we obviously disagree on the quality of players. Think we need a GK (what we have now are all backups imo), a LB, a LW and another CF option. 

The idea that our centre backs are somehow good enough 🫠 🔫

I wouldn’t actually be opposed to Guehi now since his performances at the Euros

3 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

The idea that our centre backs are somehow good enough 🫠 🔫

There you go again. Anyone else's opinion is stupid.  

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

I think we should go out and sign Real Madrid and then go out of business the next season, if we don't we're just a small time organisation. 

Just now, Ham said:

Not what I said Ham. 

But again, I would love you to justify why you think James, Nkunku, Chilwell and Fofana are going to be fit for the majority of next season. Oh wait.. you can't!

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Ornstein hinted at this (without mentioning names) the other day in the London Is Blue podcast/You Tube channel

Not seen him very often, but when I have he looks a handful, works hard and knows where the goal is. Seems to tick all the boxes of what Maresca wants from a 9.  I think I read somewhere that only Mbape has scored more goals in France over the last few years.

Would also seem to tick all the boxes for PSG, one assumes they have done there due diligence on him as Mbape replacement  

Edited by ROTG

6 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Not what I said Ham. 

But again, I would love you to justify why you think James, Nkunku, Chilwell and Fofana are going to be fit for the majority of next season. Oh wait.. you can't!

the players are not the issue they have set the bar, and with the game changes available for the start of the season, it is more the case of if the new yes man can meet and exceed that bar.

they only need to win 4 more games next season and that will be enough for CL qualification, and income generation

Just now, ROTG said:

the players are not the issue they have set the bar, and with the game changes available for the start of the season, it is more the case of if the new yes man can meet and exceed that bar.

they only need to win 4 more games next season and that will be enough for CL qualification, and income generation

You don't get that much income generation from qualifying for CL.

Important point here - it's being framed as if we just need to get a few more points and the rest of the league is going to stand still. You don't think Man U are going to improve next season? Liverpool? Newcastle? Spurs? Villa?

It's actually incredibly likely that Poch got the very best out of the players last season in order to squeeze us into the dregs of the European places.

We have Europe next season. We have a completely unproven manager. Other teams are going to be improving. 

It's undoubtedly more likely we finish with lower points this coming season than we did last season.

21 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Eh? I thought you said they were all mid-table dolly mixtures??

They are not in the big picture

The team was a revaluation under poch, especially once the millstone Enzo left the building and overall punched above their weight getting 63pts.
Now with the +£150m of game changers available, plus the team’s  millstone Enzo back, hitting the CL qualification numbers should be a stroll in the park if coached correctly. 

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

Not what I said Ham. 

…but Max…we haven’t done any business yet…? 👀💯

14 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

I’m not anxious about this window, Matt, I’ve actually given up on this window. It’s obvious we’re only going to be signing 18 and 20-year-olds from now on. Patently obvious.

What I am more frustrated by is what I perceive to be lack of critique or analysis in some quarters about what the owners are doing what their plans are and what our expectations as fans are, and the sense that the can is constantly being kicked down the road.

When is the right time to talk about these owners? At the end of the transfer window? Another two years? Another five years? Another 20 years?

It’s actually interesting to me to hear some in this forum argue that we shouldn’t be expecting to be near the top of the league, given the size of our stadium et cetera.

I thought many of us Chelsea fans, still thought of us as one of the top three teams in the league, but maybe fans expectations are just different now.

Many of the conversations I hear happening in the fan base I don’t see happening on this forum, which is strange to see. And I don’t just think it’s a social media thing, I think the majority of match day going fans feel the same way as I do, and yet I am in the absolute minority here. Quite strange.

I totally understand you. But many here including me have been very critical of Todd ‘n Eggy, though I do feel they’ve done what they’ve done from a good place. I don’t think there’s a lack of ambition, and I do think there’s a plan - which I like. I just think it was done far too quickly and that hiring Potter, Lawrence and Winstanley were huge errors. 

I do have a question, for @Mark Kelly @Ham @paulw66 and @east lower. I’m not the brightest so here’s my question. It would seem impossible to make money from football. Given the money laid out by Todd’n’Eggy and their vulture capitalists, how do they think there’ll ever be a financial return? We’re talking billions here. 

36 minutes ago, ROTG said:

They are not in the big picture

The team was a revaluation under poch, especially once the millstone Enzo left the building and overall punched above their weight getting 63pts.
Now with the +£150m of game changers available, plus the team’s  millstone Enzo back, hitting the CL qualification numbers should be a stroll in the park if coached correctly. 

So the players aren’t dolly mixtures after all? The manager is a dolly mixture? 👀😢

1 minute ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

how do they think there’ll ever be a financial return? We’re talking billions here. 

SB one of the last pieces of untouched real estate left in London. 

hence why BlueCo and Chelsea are subsidiary companies of creamcakes. Easier accountability to the parent company and shareholders / Investors 

14 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I do have a question, for @Mark Kelly @Ham @paulw66 and @east lower. I’m not the brightest so here’s my question. It would seem impossible to make money from football. Given the money laid out by Todd’n’Eggy and their vulture capitalists, how do they think there’ll ever be a financial return? We’re talking billions here. 

What are you talking about Matt?

Man United were worth 800 million in 2005, 1.2 billion in 2010, and 4.2 billion today.

That's without recent success on the pitch.

Chelsea's value is on a very similar trajectory - as is every other Premier League club.

Sport, football and the Premier League in particular is one of the most consistently high growth, most crisis/recession-proof markets. And Boehly is trying to expand the viewership massively abroad.

What is this myth that somehow they cannot make money without success on the pitch? I have debunked it about 20 times now, is nobody listening to me?!?!

Edited by Max Fowler

14 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I totally understand you. But many here including me have been very critical of Todd ‘n Eggy, though I do feel they’ve done what they’ve done from a good place. I don’t think there’s a lack of ambition, and I do think there’s a plan - which I like. I just think it was done far too quickly and that hiring Potter, Lawrence and Winstanley were huge errors. 

I think the only way they make money is for the club to be successful, have a bigger ground and better and more lucrative sponsors. 

Then they can sell and make a profit which is why I am confident that they have to make the club successful again before they can cash in. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

So the players aren’t dolly mixtures after all? The manager is a dolly mixture? 👀😢

No 

the players are dolly mixture put together by scouts without any real football experience, the previous coach who had years of experience in coaching, took the job and by the end of the season had manage to get 12-14 player out of a squad of 30 to play as a cohesive team and win a few games on the trot.
The coach also has identified some dud which the scouts had spent a kings ransom on bring to the club, therefore the only way for the scouts to save face was to remove the coach and bring in a nobody who will take direction from the scouts.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ROTG said:

No 

the players are dolly mixture put together by scouts without any real football experience, the previous coach who had years of experience in coaching, took the job and by the end of the season had manage to get 12-14 player out of a squad of 30 to play as a cohesive team and win a few games on the trot.
The coach also has identified some dud which the scouts had spent a kings ransom on bring to the club, therefore the only way for the scouts to save face was to remove the coach and bring in a nobody who will take direction from the scouts.

Years of experience in mediocrity 

10 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

What are you talking about Matt?

Man United were worth 800 million in 2005, 1.2 billion in 2010, and 4.2 billion today.

That's without recent success on the pitch.

Chelsea's value is on a very similar trajectory - as is every other Premier League club.

Sport, football and the Premier League in particular is one of the most consistently high growth, most crisis/recession-proof markets. And Boehly is trying to expand the viewership massively abroad.

What is this myth that somehow they cannot make money without success on the pitch? I have debunked it about 20 times now, is nobody listening to me?!?!

The more successful we are, the more money they make, and quite significantly more too.  

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think the only way they make money is for the club to be successful, have a bigger ground and better and more lucrative sponsors. 

Then they can sell and make a profit which is why I am confident that they have to make the club successful again before they can cash in. 

Or the concrete facts I have given that the value of PL clubs is growing 9.6% CAGR last 20 years... I wonder if it could be that... 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Or the concrete facts I have given that the value of PL clubs is growing 9.6% CAGR last 20 years... I wonder if it could be that... 🤷‍♂️

Your wasting yourself on a football forum a man of your visionary abilities should be a CEO at Chelsea instead of these know nothing self made billionaires. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

The more successful we are, the more money they make, and quite significantly more too.  

Not true. The maths doesn't add up that way - Champions League win 20 million pounds. We sell Palmer we literally make the same in profit as winning 3 of them. It's a measly 3 million pounds per Premier League place.

All the money is in player assets and infrastructure, and as we have seen, Spurs have become one of the most valuable clubs in the country despite virtually no success on the pitch.

Now in order to fully grow player assets which are a far more valuable commodity than trophies, I think you also need to strongly prioritise winning on the pitch. But the owners clearly don't see it that way.

We can grow our assts whether we are the best club in the country or not.

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Your wasting yourself on a football forum a man of your visionary abilities should be a CEO at Chelsea instead of these know nothing self made billionaires. 

I am saying they do know something. They have literally invested in an industry which is bound to make them a ton of money, almost no matter how badly they balls it up. 
That's a very smart investment on their part, unfortunately for us fans they don't need to do anything special to make an absolute shit load of cash.

Edited by Max Fowler

Everton was worth 100 million in 2008.

Now they are worth 500-600 million.

Have Everton's owners done anything amazing to make a profit?
Are they working some voodoo?

No, they simply exist in a market which is growing massively, has done for years and shows no signs of stopping.

Edited by Max Fowler