Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

5 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

The idea that our centre backs are somehow good enough 🫠 🔫

I wouldn’t actually be opposed to Guehi now since his performances at the Euros

I'm OK with our CBs tbh. It's the least of my concerns if I'm honest far bigger issues elsewhere. 

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

Cool, so we’ve got 30 years of them refusing to invest in on the pitch success. Can’t wait.

Well if you are being ironic or not, this is precisely why I think the fanbase as a whole needs to cause far more uproar, we need Glazer style fan protests etc. Because they may be stubborn gits but as we saw with Potter, if the heat gets too high it's hard for any owners to ignore it. 

15 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Well if you are being ironic or not, this is precisely why I think the fanbase as a whole needs to cause far more uproar, we need Glazer style fan protests etc. Because they may be stubborn gits but as we saw with Potter, if the heat gets too high it's hard for any owners to ignore it. 

Here's an idea, why not judge them once they pass the milestone for competition that they set the day they bought the club? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

Mark and Celery effectively said that if we sign better players there is no guarantee they will remain better (that is true of any player we sign, we have no guarantee young talents will blossom either) and in response to my original point on this exact topoc, Sam argued that Duran could be the best fit for our squad, how could I know otherwise?

In all three of these cases I call whatabouttery.

Again, I am not saying we should buy "better players" at any cost, or no matter their age etc.

It just really is common sense that if we generally aim to improve the squad with players that are better than our existing crop, we will generally move up in the league table.

I am not getting back into an argument about all the counterexamples. That is a general common sense rule that no amount of whatabboutery disproves. It's just common sense.

36 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

That's fair enough, Sam. But I don't know on what criteria Duran can possibly be option B or C - those criteria are clearly not "who is the best striker for the job" (i.e. who will improve the team the most). Duran wouldn't even be option Z on best strikers around. 

He is clearly being bought as an investment, as an asset, he's not being bought because he has some specific qualities that complement Nicolas Jackson, other than he is young and won't take his place.

Again, the way you improve squads is by buying better players to compete with the existing players, not by buying young players to avoid taking the places of the existing crop.

Common. Sense.

I'll tell you what's common sense. Not getting into a pointless discussion with you. 

We can't move forward while you keep confusing your opinion on what might happen in the future with facts. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Palmeiras_Fan said:

Hello, guys.

I'm a Palmeiras supporter from Brazil. 

You have just signed the player that is very likely to become the biggest star of Brazilian football since Neymar.

In terms of POTENTIAL, at his age, he ranks above Vini Jr, Rodrygo and even his teammate Endrick (signed with Real Madrid).

None of them were doing what Estêvão is doing at only 17. Potential Ballon d'Or winner in the future.

Take care of him.

Thanks for the info.

If he turns out half as good as Vini Jr I'll be pretty happy with that.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Here's an idea, why not judge them once they pass the milestone for competition that they set the day they bought the club? 

Alright, if they say it takes 5 years it takes 5 years. If they say 10 - 10.

Anything you say my all-knowing overlords! 🙇

14 minutes ago, Blue Kratos said:

Thanks for the info.

If he turns out half as good as Vini Jr I'll be pretty happy with that.

You're welcome.

At his age, Vini Jr was a reserve player for Flamengo (which was much weaker than the current Flamengo).

Estêvão is now settling as an important player in a much superior team than the one Vini Jr played for in 2018. 

At the same age, he's proving himself at a higher level than Vini Jr did 6 years back.

Of course that doesn't mean Estêvão will be better for sure.

But his prospects, as of this moment, are superior.

Edited by Palmeiras_Fan
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ham said:

I'll tell you what's common sense. Not getting into a pointless discussion with you. 

We can't move forward while you keep confusing your opinion on what might happen in the future with facts. 

As usual you fail to engage with the arguments themselves, but it's always good fun Ham.

1 minute ago, Palmeiras_Fan said:

You're welcome.

At his age, Vini Jr was a reserve player for Flamengo (which was much weaker than the current Flamengo).

Estêvão is now settling as an important player in a much superior team than the one Vini Jr played for in 2018. 

At the same age, he's proving himself at a higher level than Vini Jr. did.

Of course that doesn't mean he will be better.

But his prospects should be superior.

Your English is very good for a Brazilian.

How much are Clearlake paying you to pretend to be a Palmeiras fan? 😄

Just now, Max Fowler said:

As usual you fail to engage with the arguments themselves, but it's always good fun Ham.

You're totally ignoring the arguments being made FFS. 

A list was provided to you of a huge amount of investment by the club. The point you're making makes no sense with PSR and FFP.  

6 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Alright, if they say it takes 5 years it takes 5 years. If they say 10 - 10.

Anything you say my all-knowing overlords! 🙇

Well they did say, and I'm paraphrasing here because I can't remember exactly and can't be arsed to look it up, that it would take seven (?) transfer windows before they were in a place they'd  have a side ready to compete. 

Hypothetically what happens if we win the league next season? 

Are they still idiots? 

Can you please set out exactly what you think we should be doing and also explaining to everyone here how financially we would be able to achieve it. 

Edited by Mark Kelly

8 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Your English is very good for a Brazilian.

How much are Clearlake paying you to pretend to be a Palmeiras fan? 😄

Thanks! 🙂

I have been taught English from a very young age.

But I'm Brazilian born in São Paulo and living in São Paulo almost all my life.

Crazy Palmeiras fan, by the way (and still pissed with you for the WC final in 2022... LOL).

I will KILL Luan if I ever see him.

Edited by Palmeiras_Fan
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Palmeiras_Fan said:

You're welcome.

At the same age, he's proving himself at a higher level than Vini Jr did 6 years back.

Of course that doesn't mean Estêvão will be better for sure.

But his prospects, as of this moment, are superior.

I hope we are the right environment for him.

Many young South Americans flourish better in Portugal and Spain because of the style and culture.

England on the other hand is a different animal altogether.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blue Kratos said:

I hope we are the right environment for him.

Many young South Americans flourish better in Portugal and Spain because of the style and culture.

England on the other hand is a different animal altogether.

I will confess to you that there is talk in Brazil that Chelsea might not be the best destination for the kid. 

Many people say that the club doesn't know how to manage or "launch" the young talent that they get.

I really don't know if that has any validation or truth, but it is common talk at the moment around here.

I do hope that's not the case, because Estêvão is a HUGE talent. 

Edited by Palmeiras_Fan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Palmeiras_Fan said:

I will confess to you that there is talk in Brazil that Chelsea might not be the best destination for the kid. 

Many people say that the club doesn't  how to manage or "launch" the young talent that they get.

I don't know if that has any validation or truth, but it is common talk at the moment around here.

Doesn't help when the club are constantly changing the coach every year.

Too many different approaches and coaching styles.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Blue Kratos said:

Doesn't help when the club are constantly changing the coach every year.

Too many different approaches and coaching styles.

You have given a spring board to some amazing talents over decades.

Roberto Carlos

Cafu

Rivaldo

Ze Roberto

Lucio

Absolutely incredible 

Edited by Blue Kratos

1 hour ago, Bison said:

I'm OK with our CBs tbh. It's the least of my concerns if I'm honest far bigger issues elsewhere. 

True. Hopefully with proper coaching and a better, stronger attitude we’ll be ok at the back. Hopefully 😬😬😬😬🤣

Imagine having Willian Estevao, Kendry Paez, Cole Palmer and the lad Santos in the same team. Will never happen but.... damnnnnn. 

1 hour ago, Ham said:

You're totally ignoring the arguments being made FFS. 

A list was provided to you of a huge amount of investment by the club. The point you're making makes no sense with PSR and FFP.  

I have explained it the investment - you just ignored my argument.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Well they did say, and I'm paraphrasing here because I can't remember exactly and can't be arsed to look it up, that it would take seven (?) transfer windows before they were in a place they'd  have a side ready to compete. 

Hypothetically what happens if we win the league next season? 

Are they still idiots? 

Can you please set out exactly what you think we should be doing and also explaining to everyone here how financially we would be able to achieve it. 

Balanced Strategy for Clearlake Capital at Chelsea FC

Key Components

1. Youth Development (60-70%)

• Invest in Young Talent: Continue focusing on young players (aged 17-20) with high potential. Use feeder clubs like Strasbourg for development.
    • Enhance Youth Academy: Invest in top-notch training facilities and coaching staff to maintain a strong pipeline of young talent.
  2. Experienced Players (30-40%)

• Strategic Signings: Acquire experienced players who can provide immediate impact and mentorship. Focus on key positions such as GK, CB, and CF.
    • Leadership and Mentorship: Experienced players help instill a winning mentality and guide young talents. They play a crucial role in the development of young players, providing guidance, setting examples of professionalism, and helping them achieve their potential and market value.

Financial and Performance Balance

1. Wage Structure

• Flexible Wage Cap: Maintain a general wage cap / sustainable control over wages but allow exceptions for key experienced players.
  2. Revenue Generation

• Matchday Revenue: Improved performance on the pitch boosts ticket sales, merchandise, and concessions.
    • Commercial Deals: Competitive success attracts more lucrative sponsorships and commercial partnerships.
    • Broadcasting Revenues: Better league finishes and deeper competition runs increase broadcasting income.

Implementation Steps

1. Scouting and Recruitment

• Dual Focus Scouting: Develop a scouting network for both young talents and experienced professionals.
    • Data-Driven Decisions: Use analytics to identify undervalued players and strategic fits.
  2. Player Integration

• Gradual Integration: Introduce young players gradually into the first team.
    • Mentorship Programs: Establish programs where experienced players mentor younger ones, crucial for their growth and maximizing their market value.
  3. Performance Monitoring

• Regular Reviews: Conduct frequent performance evaluations and adjust recruitment strategy as needed.

Conclusion

Adopting a balanced 70/30 or 60/40 youth-to-experience model can enhance Chelsea’s financial stability, on-field performance, and fan engagement. This strategy ensures a competitive team with sustainable growth, leveraging both young potential and experienced leadership. The presence of experienced leaders is vital for the young players' growth, helping them reach their full potential and increasing their market value through guidance and mentorship.

3 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Balanced Strategy for Clearlake Capital at Chelsea FC

Key Components

1. Youth Development (60-70%)

• Invest in Young Talent: Continue focusing on young players (aged 17-20) with high potential. Use feeder clubs like Strasbourg for development.
    • Enhance Youth Academy: Invest in top-notch training facilities and coaching staff to maintain a strong pipeline of young talent.
  2. Experienced Players (30-40%)

• Strategic Signings: Acquire experienced players who can provide immediate impact and mentorship. Focus on key positions such as GK, CB, and CF.
    • Leadership and Mentorship: Experienced players help instill a winning mentality and guide young talents. They play a crucial role in the development of young players, providing guidance, setting examples of professionalism, and helping them achieve their potential and market value.

Financial and Performance Balance

1. Wage Structure

• Flexible Wage Cap: Maintain a general wage cap / sustainable control over wages but allow exceptions for key experienced players.
  2. Revenue Generation

• Matchday Revenue: Improved performance on the pitch boosts ticket sales, merchandise, and concessions.
    • Commercial Deals: Competitive success attracts more lucrative sponsorships and commercial partnerships.
    • Broadcasting Revenues: Better league finishes and deeper competition runs increase broadcasting income.

Implementation Steps

1. Scouting and Recruitment

• Dual Focus Scouting: Develop a scouting network for both young talents and experienced professionals.
    • Data-Driven Decisions: Use analytics to identify undervalued players and strategic fits.
  2. Player Integration

• Gradual Integration: Introduce young players gradually into the first team.
    • Mentorship Programs: Establish programs where experienced players mentor younger ones, crucial for their growth and maximizing their market value.
  3. Performance Monitoring

• Regular Reviews: Conduct frequent performance evaluations and adjust recruitment strategy as needed.

Conclusion

Adopting a balanced 70/30 or 60/40 youth-to-experience model can enhance Chelsea’s financial stability, on-field performance, and fan engagement. This strategy ensures a competitive team with sustainable growth, leveraging both young potential and experienced leadership. The presence of experienced leaders is vital for the young players' growth, helping them reach their full potential and increasing their market value through guidance and mentorship.

Yes Captain, I saw this the first time. 

What will you do differently them seeing as you have all the answers. 

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yes Captain, I saw this the first time. 

What will you do differently them seeing as you have all the answers. 

This is my alternative, different to the first one - if you actually took the time to read my posts maybe you wouldn't disagree with them so often, Mark 🙂