Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

14 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Quite. Signing Lukaku was one of the biggest debacles this club has ever been guilty of. I’m not sure how we thought this would end any different to where we are now? 

The only signing I can find that’s dumber is the signing of Kepa. I mean come on, he’s at best a second choice GK at a club like Chelsea. At best. At his worst I’d rather Bergström. 

On this we can agree.

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, RDCW said:

Utter nonsense and you know it, you little tinker! Poch was sacked because of his dearth  of any coaching input and a consequent absence of any "brand" of football. Our season was saved by an accidental formation change and the intrinsic quality of the players.

All of which you fully understand, but your need to create spurious debate drives your voluminous posting of provocative nonsense. 

As I have said before, I'm on to you, you mischievous imp!

And you think the championship manager is going to bring a brand.

The club's gods are dictating the brand of football they want and the championship manager will do his best to appease them. Or he's gone.  

18 minutes ago, ROTG said:

And you think the championship manager is going to bring a brand.

The club's gods are dictating the brand of football they want and the championship manager will do his best to appease them. Or he's gone.  

You naughty boy! 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Why would we want to strengthen there team. 

We wouldn't be strengthening their team other than by numbers.

We get rid of three of the worst transfers of the last 25 years plus a poor one and a lot of money off our wage bill. In exchange we might get a genuinely high class forward who would move the needle for us up front.

5 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

We wouldn't be strengthening their team other than by numbers.

We get rid of three of the worst transfers of the last 25 years plus a poor one and a lot of money off our wage bill. In exchange we might get a genuinely high class forward who would move the needle for us up front.

Go look at those two players records in the PL. 

It's not either ones fault that TT decided to send one to Coventry, and bring another one in and get fired within 100 days by the new regime,  then to add insult to injury, the club sells all the senior pros and give him a bunch of mid table dolly mixture kids to support him. 

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

It's not either ones fault that TT decided to send one to Coventry, and bring another one in and get fired within 100 days by the new regime,  then to add insult to injury, the club sells all the senior pros and give him a bunch of mid table dolly mixture kids to support him. 

Genuine question:

What does “dolly mixture” mean in terms of our squad? Random players thrown together? 👀✌️💀 🍬 

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

Deja Vu. 

It's Lukaku 's fault for being a blubbery man baby. 

I don't think Newcastle have the players with quality enough to pass to him in a two inch square or risk his pointing out their inadequacies. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Genuine question:

What does “dolly mixture” mean in terms of our squad? Random players thrown together? 👀✌️💀 🍬 

37 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Glad someone saved me the embarrassment of asking …..

I didn't care enough to ask.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I don't think Newcastle have the players with quality enough to pass to him in a two inch square or risk his pointing out their inadequacies. 

We need to be looking for a forward who has the talent to get us back into the top four and beyond. A slow, lazy,  imobile, technically very limited, arrogant  ego maniac is just about as wrong for this set of players as you could possibly find. He'd be ideal for Newcastle's current level and ambitions though and could well get them a place in one of the lesser Euro comps. 

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Genuine question:

The answer is going to the sweet shop and buying a pack.

Many moons ago, one would go down the market mum or granny and for a couple of bob they would buy a box of mixed "broken" biscuits. On good days you would get different types  macvities biscuits, on the other day you would get a box of Garibaldi and fig rolls.  That's where the club is with it's playing staff purchase by the couple of scouts. 

Cole Palmer seems to be the chocolate digestive, with a couple of other being rich tea or digestive level. However a majority seem to be garibaldi's or fig rolls. 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Deja Vu. 

It's Lukaku 's fault for being a blubbery man baby. 

Absolutely poppy cock.

• Haha 1