Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

As some might observe, I do my best these days to stay away from the transfer speculation and the back & forth that goes with each 'potential' transfer.

We have different owners and some may say a different Chelsea - But one thing remains the same, the media, other clubs and players agents still use us to get what they really want!!

• Agree 2

I may be wrong, but I think de Bruyne left because his girlfriend started going out with Courtois, causing disruption in the dressing room. I am not sure whether it was a choice, but it seems typically Chelsea to have let KDB go and kept hold of Courtois.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Lukaku didn't refuse to sign his contract he refused to honour it. 

10 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

How does what Lukaku did of his own volition to jeopardise his Chelsea career

There seems to be some contradiction here

anyway time to move on, only 3 days to get him off the or he’s part of next seasons accounting 

1 hour ago, Thiago97 said:

Dewsbury Hall - I’m at the stage where I can get behind any signing right now, based purely on him being an adult!

mentioned him last summer as potential for the club and got shot down in flames.

TBH spending £40-50m on a player like D-H would not be an upgrade to the current squad. "we have enough mid table level players"

Edited by ROTG

12 hours ago, Ham said:

Very interesting graphic from The Athletic;

Screenshot_20240627_202009_X.thumb.jpg.cc65e4ad514afc9eb9ace2410352d1e7.jpg

Don't think TOCWS could have done a better PR job

Shame Twomey did put the transfer fees of the players, just to give it additional context

Anyway - Just asked Twomey a question, and don't forget to hit the like button 😀

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5593170/2024/06/27/chelsea-transfers-succession-planning/#comment-18651965

15 hours ago, Ham said:

Not sure where he would fit in 🤔

We have around 7 midfielders or so as it is, maybe we’re trying to field two teams in the league next season. Also seems that we’re being linked with absolutely everyone, even I’ve been offered to Strasbourg on loan. 

Edited by Floyd25
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

We have around 7 midfielders or so as it is, maybe we’re trying to field two teams in the league next season. Also seems that we’re being linked with absolutely everyone, even I’ve been offered to Strasbourg on loan. 

there also the narrative from SB they are expecting the club to play 75-80 games - I thinking more than likely between 45 - 50 competitive games

5 minutes ago, ROTG said:

there also the narrative from SB they are expecting the club to play 75-80 games - I thinking more than likely between 45 - 50 competitive games

So, do you plan to be knocked out of all cup competitions, or do you plan to be successful in them? I'm just checking. 

26 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Sure, but even with 60 or so games, I’m not sure that we need 8 midfielders in the squad. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

So, do you plan to be knocked out of all cup competitions, or do you plan to be successful in them? I'm just checking. 

Once you weed out friendlies, lower opposition in domestic cup games, a more than likely some piss poor opponent in the middle of nowhere in Europe and beyond, you come around 45-50. 

I really have no idea how the team will perform which the yes man.