Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

44 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

This "yes man" schtick is a bit of a silly position to take if you ask me.

If you dont get on with the job and what the powers that be expect, in any profession, you're gone.

You can make some sort of token moral stand if you want, but you will be out, the job will not get done and no-one wins.

Seems very odd to be trying to whittle away at the guy before he has even started. Almost like you want him to fail...

It is what it is. 

The previous coach set the bar, let’s see how the new man performs, with having all the game changes back this coming season. Winning 4 additional games than last season should be a stroll in the park, if you believe those who thought the previous coach was a coward. 

D-H sums up the level the club now fishes in.

19 minutes ago, ROTG said:

It is what it is. 

The previous coach set the bar, let’s see how the new man performs, with having all the game changes back this coming season. Winning 4 additional games than last season should be a stroll in the park, if you believe those who thought the previous coach was a coward. 

D-H sums up the level the club now fishes in.

Is DH a DM (dolly mixture)? 👀🙌🏻🩶

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Presumably he’s a mooted Conor replacement. 😔👀💯💀

That's my thinking too , initially I thought it was just his agent getting Brighton to cough and using us as a stalking horse but it appears we are interested and I can only think Conor will then be sold to compensate. Either that or given his moaning about the Olympics we've decided to call it a day with the Enzo experiment 

• Like 1

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

That's my thinking too , initially I thought it was just his agent getting Brighton to cough and using us as a stalking horse but it appears we are interested and I can only think Conor will then be sold to compensate. Either that or given his moaning about the Olympics we've decided to call it a day with the Enzo experiment 

I’d flog Enzo tomorrow. IMO he’s just not a PL player. Caicedo and Conor all day for me. It’s not even close. ✌️💀💯

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Dewsbury-Hall, is surprising but actually not that surprising. I always thought we get 1 or 2 from Leicester, and he is probably one of the best players there. He'll know the system the manager wants to play and the manager presumably really likes him.

I'm not against it and i'm not really excited about it, as long as it isn't a replacement for Gallagher, as that would be a terrible move.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Dewsbury-Hall, is surprising but actually not that surprising. I always thought we get 1 or 2 from Leicester, and he is probably one of the best players there. He'll know the system the manager wants to play and the manager presumably really likes him.

I'm not against it and i'm not really excited about it, as long as it isn't a replacement for Gallagher, as that would be a terrible move.

I may be being as lazy as the “journalists” but it would appear to be so. 😔💀💯

2 hours ago, Miguelito07 said:

So the 27 midfielders we have on our books are not good enough?

The Championship manager believes his Championship midfielder is the key to success. All part of the four transfer windows masterplan of course. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bison said:

The Championship manager believes his Championship midfielder is the key to success. All part of the four transfer windows masterplan of course. 

Not particularly enamoured with signing KDH but it wouldn't be the first time a new coach was given a player to smooth the transition  

11 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Not particularly enamoured with signing KDH but it wouldn't be the first time a new coach was given a player to smooth the transition  

Bit strange though as I thought the new manager was supposed to be a first team coach who had limited say in transfers. Especially as we’re stocked with midfielders who play more advanced roles: Casadei, Gallagher, Santos, Carney. I’m all for competition for places but this surely means a couple of these are expendable…

Edited by Original 21
  • Agree 1

On 09/08/2023 at 14:00, Morgs said:

Looks like we'll get a Here We Go in the next day or so on this one. A good addition. 

Believe Casadei to Leicester on loan will be announced shortly too. 

On 09/08/2023 at 14:41, ROTG said:

Hopefully with dewsbury-hall come in the other direction 

On 09/08/2023 at 14:45, Thiago97 said:

Is this based on one good game in the Champ against Coventry? He is a decent player who probably deserves to be back in the PL, but we are potentially struggling to give the likes of Gallagher serious game time, so I struggle to see where Dewsbury-Hall would fit .

On 09/08/2023 at 15:29, paulw66 said:

Hopefully not. 

On 09/08/2023 at 15:47, ROTG said:

He no worst than what we currently have. Would be a good squad addition with the bar at a new height 

On 09/08/2023 at 15:51, ROTG said:

You are right.
Not a player to buy, maybe loan with a buy option just in case he develops. 

On 10/08/2023 at 17:59, Mark Kelly said:

One for Mr Gizmo

FB_IMG_1691686740619.jpg

On 10/08/2023 at 18:47, east lower said:

Seen him live a few times and best described as hard working, but extremely ordinary. Think of Danny Drinkwater  without the PL Winners medal, but probably more sober.

About as exciting as if we were signing Harry Winks

On 10/08/2023 at 18:06, boratsbrother said:

Have to admit that I'd never heard of this Dewsbury geezer until he was linked to us. Is he any good or would he just be a squad filler type?

On 10/08/2023 at 21:01, boratsbrother said:

Oh dear!  

Doesn't sound like he'd be close to being  a serious target for us.

On 11/08/2023 at 09:30, Thiago97 said:

Remind me,  was it you calling for the club to look at Dewsbury-Hall after one very good game !?

You’re heading down your very slippy road again, trying to trip others but only tripping yourself!

Is it not amazing what can happen after a season in the championship, well done  Jeremy Layde 

4 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I’d flog Enzo tomorrow. IMO he’s just not a PL player. Caicedo and Conor all day for me. It’s not even close. ✌️💀💯

It is close. In fact I'd say it's the other way around. Enzo is by far the better player with the highest ceiling. Let's talk again in the middle of next season. 

28 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

There's no start to it. 

It was a non story.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

Bit strange though as I thought the new manager was supposed to be a first team coach who had limited say in transfers. Especially as we’re stocked with midfielders who play more advanced roles: Casadei, Gallagher, Santos, Carney. I’m all for competition for places but this surely means a couple of these are expendable…

Don't worry, some people/fans/consumers will always try and say they see sense where there is absolutely none in the omnishambles that is todd and co

From champions league winners to hiring championship managers and now signings.

Hilarious if it were not for the £1billion cost and being what was our club

I actually really liked what I saw of Desbury-Hall when he played for Leicester in the Premier league, technically he's very, very good.

He's not a flashy signing, neither was Cole Palmer who I was pretty much a lone voice in trying to convince people how good he was, but he could be a very good signing.

Will be 26 shortly after the season starts has premier league experience, has played for the new manager in his system and excelled.

He's a very good player but I guess just not high profile enough to get people excited.

• Like 3