Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

27 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Cucurella was the best left back in the league the year we signed him, was very good most of last season,  absolutely brilliant at the back end and currently the best left back at the Euros.

I'm quite happy he can't be moved on and if we lose one or two prospects then so be it, we have one of the best around which is far more important than worrying about the odd kid who may or may not turn out to be anything at all.

To each their own. I'm not a Cucurella fan. 

In other news:

Gordon would be a massive upgrade for our left hand side. Give them money plus Mudryk to make it happen.

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Cucurella and Chilwell have 4 years and 3 years left on their deals. They are on wages nobody else in their right mind would pay them. We're going to lose at least another one or two decent LB prospects because those two can't be moved on.

Why would we want to move on the best left back at the Euros?

Edited by Ham
Just noticed Martin has already said this 🙈

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Why would we want to move on the best left back at the Euros?

I’m very happy to be proved wrong on Cucurella. I do think he’s a bit suspect positionally, but he has 💯 improved imo. Chilly is Chilly. Love him to bits - just wish he wasn’t broken half the time! 🥰💀👀

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bison said:

To each their own. I'm not a Cucurella fan. 

In other news:

Gordon would be a massive upgrade for our left hand side. Give them money plus Mudryk to make it happen.

We talking about the same Gordon that had most of this forum in a meltdown when trying to sign him from Everton for £50m?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, JaneB said:

Apparently the best talent in Villa's academy, and was also the the best talent at Derby when Villa signed him originally. 

Presumably there is talent and upside, whether that translates to being good enough for here or not remains to be seen.

Likely ends up developing over the next couple years before being sold. We'll see though I guess. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I’m very happy to be proved wrong on Cucurella. I do think he’s a bit suspect positionally, but he has 💯 improved imo. Chilly is Chilly. Love him to bits - just wish he wasn’t broken half the time! 🥰💀👀

Agree Matt... that tendancy to "lose" a player out wide as he comes inside more has always bothered me but he has improved considerably and looked far fitter playing for Spain than the somewhat sluggish England players,,,but then so do most sides.

The one thing you can't fault him on is the effort he puts in...just wonder if outside issues contributed to his less than impressive start at Chelsea?

• Like 1

Apropos of nothing and apologies mods, but has anyone else just not got into Euro? It‘s just passed me by this year. I’ve seen a few snippets and it was dreadful.

Saw another great Southgate meme today: it said, Gareth Southgate takes a lateral flow test every time he leaves the house 🤣🤣🤣🤣💀🩶

Agreed, @Chelsea_Matt, I simply can't get up the enthusiasm for it.

Frankly, I'd prefer Southgate take a hike - I've never been so bored by an England performance since he took the helm / administered the mogadon / whatever he does -  Steve Holland would do well to distance himself from this failure of a manager. 

Visiting family in Poland last week, dragged the missus to a  Krakow pub and endured a frosty silence all the way back to our hotel ("we could have been going on a romantic cruise down the Vistula, sipping free plonk as the sun sets ... "). Back home now, and off to friends tomorrow to be collectively bored shitless, but I'm praying that they leave the telly on for the Spain/Georgia match - at least there'll be a bit of passion in it. Always assuming I'm still sober enough to enjoy it.

Might go to the village pub for the Germany / Denmark match this evening, but that's more because my son's home and I fancy a pint ....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Apropos of nothing and apologies mods, but has anyone else just not got into Euro? It‘s just passed me by this year. I’ve seen a few snippets and it was dreadful.

Saw another great Southgate meme today: it said, Gareth Southgate takes a lateral flow test every time he leaves the house 🤣🤣🤣🤣💀🩶

Strangely it's the first  international tournament I have been properly into for years and I hate they style of modern football.

I think it's been pretty great so far, the only really bad games have been the ones involving England.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Wears shin pads to play FIFA. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, martin1905 said:

Funny how we all see things differently,  £90m for three players I don't think will ever be good enough is great business by the club, in my opinion.

Yep great business 

covers the Mudryk fee and wages. 

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

See my post in the Euros forum 👀

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Well, the accounting need is ours and that is on us, but I do agree the PL is causing a big problem. We can't crow about a £37m (or whatever the reporting is) fee for Maatsen, a player I agree was never likely to contribute that much here, when getting that fee was entirely contingent on giving £19m of it back straight away. I've said it before, but where is that £19m coming from? We don't just have it sat in the bank, so what is it secured against? 

It's a dangerous way to do business, even the football considerations aside.

Leicester also need to sell as do Newcastle who in a hilarious turn of events have sold a 19 year old winger who've I've never heard of to Brighton for £33m! 

It's not just us. 

4 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

4 hours ago, Ham said:

Wears shin pads to play FIFA. 

Hope he’s got his shower cap and schnorkel tomorrow….

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Leicester also need to sell as do Newcastle who in a hilarious turn of events have sold a 19 year old winger who've I've never heard of to Brighton for £33m! 

It's not just us. 

I've never said it is? Forgive me for hoping owners who inherited European and World champions and boasted about how badly financially run the club was might have us in better financial shape than Leicester City. 

We didn't need to be in this position.

Edited by thevelourfog

55 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Wears a condom when he's spanking the monkey. 

22 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Wears a crash helmet when he’s on his Peleton.🤣🤣💀 💯 

30-40 years ago the MK / CM “the umbilical brothers” would have given Eric & Ernie, the two Ronnie’s, cannon and ball and Statler and Waldorf a run for their money on comedy one liners 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, ROTG said:

30-40 years ago the MK / CM “the umbilical brothers” would have given Eric & Ernie, the two Ronnie’s, cannon and ball and Statler and Waldorf a run for their money on comedy one liners 

We mere humans can but try........... Sorry you missed the plastic pen protector bit.

and,,,again sorry,,but until you change the TT thingy I find it hard to follow your posts. Fellow Finchley man though he was.😉

Edited by chara

2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

I've never said it is? Forgive me for hoping owners who inherited European and World champions and boasted about how badly financially run the club was might have us in better financial shape than Leicester City. 

We didn't need to be in this position.

No I was just sharing the story with you as you commented previously and thought the fact that Newcastle were getting an astronomical sum for a nobody and now don't need to sell Gordon to Liverpool after all  was proof that the system is flawed and that everyone who needs to be is gaming it .

• Like 1